The outside of the hotel looks drab BUT the inside is beautiful (of course doesn't compare to the stunning whitsunday scenery!). I'm so glad my friend and I chose to stay here for our mini break! We stayed on the top floor and our room was immaculate. Spacious and clean, with an amazing view! We had 2 queen beds, mini bar and a massive bathroom. The hotel provided a tour desk, a japanese check in (which was very considerate for some of the overseas tourists!), tennis courts, water sports, buffet brekky, etc. the whole package. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and hospitable. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and delicious, and served in a welcoming setting by the pool. There is so much to do (although we mainly swam/sunbaked all day) from water sports to day tours to the reef, hiring a golf buggy to get around the island, walks/trails and of course the sunset at one tree hill. We took a day tour organised by the hotel to whitehaven beach and also did snorkelling. The local snorkelling was disappointing but nonetheless was a beautiful and fun day out. At the end of our stay we checked out at 10am and left our bags in the room while we went to the beach one last time! We then proceeded to the hotel lobby where our bags were ready to be loaded on the airport transfer and all we had to do was hop on the mini bus for the VERY short ride to the airport. the absolute ONLY low point was march flies (they bite and they're everywhere!) but thats not something the hotel can control obviously :P I'm totally impressed with the hotel and location and we had an awesome time! Definetly returning with our partners!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island