I have recently returned from a 4 night stay at the 4 star Reef View, Hamilton Island, First thoughts were WOW its so big!
Then I though it needed a good exterior clean and tidy.
We were dropped at the Hotel just prior to check in so we made our way to the Reef Lounge for our first holiday drinkie!! :)
The service at Check in was very easy and when we arrived in our Room on the 9th Floor our bag were there waiting.
The room was clean and tidy with a great view. Very relaxing and homely.
A few Tips for the Reef View, On Level 1 there is an Internet Room which you can Purchase Internet time at the Arrivals Desk $5 for Half an hour - In one full block.
There was nothing anywhere in the Hotel that made the Internet services public knowledge.
The hotel didn't have as many facilities as I had imagined. One Pool the loby which was just like a waiting room , The Pool Terrace Restaurant and the Reef Lounge was about it.
The Bar attendant at the Reef Lounge Juna? she has red Curly Hair, She is fantastic, Very good at her job and we loved watching her make Cocktail after Cocktail...:) Good on ya Girl.
The Breakfast at the Pool Terrace was included in our price. This is great if you can get it! Other wize I believe its around $26+ Fantastic Food and we couldn't wait till the next morning just to eat breakfast ! Value for Money, Also they have a choice of how you would like you egg cooked, just make your way to the back of the restaurant to the chefs! Just one downfall the staff should ask if you would like to sit inside or out side. But they didn't.
We never ate at the resturant at night as we thought it was a little pricey.
Over all though... I would not rate this as a 4 star.. 3 or 3 and a half.
Hope this is helpful :)
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.