Upon arrival first impressions of the island and hotel resort were impressive but the hotel room on the 15th floor was mixed. Coral Sea room was very spacious but a little outdated, the four star rating is correct.
Smoking is permitted on the balcony even though the rooms are non smoking. We were subject to second hand smoke from guests puffing on lower floors. Requesting a non smoking room does not mean a smoke free environment for your kids.
During our week stay we were woken by delivery trucks at 0530am every day.
Also the rooms are not that quiet, you can easily hear quests above, particularity moving of chairs on tiled floors.
The hotel facilities are excellent. Access to the pool, beach sports, gym, tennis courts and kids games is great. One issue that needs to be addressed is having better flexibility for the catamaran classes. We had to wait until the final day of our stay to use the catamaran due to the inflexible times for lessons being only 10am compounded by the issue of only being able to sail in the safe period of when wind is under 20kts and high tide 0830am to 12pm only. Planning your day around the beach sports and weather is critical.
The staff are very friendly and demonstrate the best service we have ever received compared to the major city hotels. Reef View should be very proud of the quality of their staff. They are always smiling, happy, relaxed, easy going and very professional.
Food quality at Reef View is excellent. The buffet breakfast has good variety and choice. Pool side service is very convenient and kids eat free when you buy a main meal. There is a catch though with the all important coffee. A genuine espresso (late or cap) is an extra charge. The free filtered coffee from the self service machine tastes absolutely terrible.
Overall we will recommend this hotel to friends and will be back another time. Hopefully next time the noisy trucks will be gone, the coffee machines upgraded and smoking will be banned.
Thank you Reef View for a relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Expedia, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island