We had a fantastic 8 night stay in a room on the 4th floor of the Reef View Hotel.
The location is amazing, the easy transfer from airport to hotel is hassle free, and the whole island is just stunning.
The room and bathroom were large and plenty big enough for us and our 3 year old (two double beds in the room but she still slept with us, so we pushed them together and had one giant bed!). The bathroom was a bit dated but the massive bath made up for that. The only downside to the room was nowhere to unpack our clothes (there is a small hanging cupboard above the safe, and more hanging space in the bathroom, but no drawers to unpack your other clothes). I like to unpack whenever I'm in a hotel even if it's just for a weekend, so to be there for 8 nights with our clothes squished into the cupboards of the TV cabinet was a bit awkward.
Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired, they try to come in at 8.30am which is too early for us, and when they did clean our room later in the day once we'd gone to breakfast, they hardly did anything, just change the towels and throw the covers on the bed - there was no vacuuming, wiping down surfaces, cleaning the bathroom, sweeping the balcony..
The included buffet breakfast was sooo good - I love hotel buffet breakfasts and this did not disappoint - pancakes, omelettes, fruit, pastries, toast, bacon & eggs, yoghurt, cereal... you name it, it was there! In fact after breakfast we hardly ate lunch (if we did we all shared something small), so breakfast meant we saved a lot on lunch costs. The restaurants are very expensive, but the kids eat free program meant our daughter ate free every night that we ate in one of the participating restaurants. A few nights we had fish & chips from the takeaway at the Marina and sat overlooking the boats, and a few nights we shared a meal at the Marina Tavern. This helped with dinner costs, because I would not be willing to pay the restaurant prices every night - the food is nice but not what you would expect for the prices they charge.
We hired a buggy for 24 hrs for $85 which was a great way to see the entire island, and a lot of fun. I'm really glad we did this and didn't just walk from the Hotel to the Marina and back all the time - seeing the rest of the island was fantastic.
Our daughter went to kids club most afternoons for a few hours which she loved (so did we!), the staff there are great and made sure she had a lot of fun - I'd recommend the Kids Club to anyone travelling as a family to have a bit of time out, and it's great for the kids too.
Mini golf, aqua aerobics in the pool, the gym, cocktails at the pool bar in the lagoon pool, watching the sunset from One Tree Hill, kayaking, drinks on the deck at the Yacht Club ... just a tiny snippet of what we did in our 8 night stay - this place has something for everyone and I would recommend it to couples and families alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Despegar.com, Otel, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island