The plan for the trip were the usual visit of the Great Barrier Reef, Whitehaven Beach and an all day charter fishing trip. Sadly Cyclone Dylan had something to say about that and all the reasons you come to Hamilton Island were cancelled. This could have spelled for a disastrous break but the Beach Club were exceptional with their wet weather contingency.
From the moment you are greeted from the flight and your luggage taken to your room through to the always friendly faces that are there to help you, the team at the hotel always made us feel welcome. It was always felt not to be a problem to make dinner reservations, check if visits are on or off and the communication around the Cyclone was exemplary.
The team never made you feel hurried over meals even though you wanted to race through the food it tasted so good. Free cocktail classes were a great touch when the weather outside was not ideal.
The Club also provides free access to the gym (a good one), sauna, spa, good quality a la carte breakfast and free wi-fi
The only downside that we could say (and it's being a bit picky) is the room is a bit tired, not the 'boy this place needs some work' tired just needs a bit of TLC. I understand that a renovation is pending so best not to dwell on this point.
Overall a special experience and will likely return to do the items we had planned to do this time round.
Thank you Beach Club for making Lemonade out of what could have been a massive lemon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with theirown private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions/ A la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport/marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / Use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkellingequipment / Use of the gym, spa and sauna / Tennis and squash court hire / Use of the Beach Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island