“Great holiday :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Waikerie, Australia
“Great holiday :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The rooms do need an update ( as does most of the island). But the location, friendly staff, no under 18 and the fantastic breakfast overlooking the beach and pool make up for the shabby rooms. Very relaxing holiday in a beautiful part of Australia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Andrea C,

Thanks for reviewing Beach Club Hotel and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much.

While Beach Club is not a brand new hotel, we take very good care of the property, which was originally built and furnished with quality in mind. Therefore, everything is still in very good condition. The design is not cutting-edge modern as you might find in a new hotel in Sydney or Melbourne CBDs but most of our guests love the relaxed, beachy feel of our rooms nonetheless.

I'm delighted that you had a great time staying with us and I hope you come back soon.

Beach Club Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This property is ideally located in the centre of Catseye Beach,convenient to all amenities yet very private and exclusive. The staff, chauffeur & concierge service went beyond their expectations in ensuring our stay was comfortable. The Beach Club restaurant is outstanding. Yes, a little pricey, but justified with quality and quantity of food served and service provided. I will strongly recommend this resort for those who wish to be pampered, with no children around.

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs as the views were outstanding. The ground floor Rooms are lovely opening ont...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello mmgoodwin,

I was delighted to read your review of Beach Club this morning. Thank you for your endorsement. I've shared this review with the team and everyone was happy to hear it.

We try hard to provide our guests with great value as well as great service. While we aren't the cheapest accommodation option on Hamilton Island, I believe that we offer the best value. Our guests enjoy a peaceful and romantic kids-free environment, access to a private area on Catseye beach, great dining options and an excellent standard of service from a friendly team of hospitality professionals.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family - it means a lot to us. I hope to see you soon.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Fantastic hotel right on the beach with lovely rooms. The food in the restaurant was amazing and far superior to any of the restaurants we ate out at.

The staff were so friendly and helpful and they even take you free of charge on golf buggys anywhere you want to go at anytime of the day or night.

Amazing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello Sophie S S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm glad that you had a great time on Hamilton Island staying at Beach Club and I hope that you've got some nice holiday photos.

I hope that we see you again soon.

Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel was great because it's over 18's only so we our escape the families! The breakfast is included, ala carte and the best on the island. The service is second to none. I would have given the hotel full marks but the only fault is that the rooms are a little dated and our do with a refurb to withhold the 5star reputation and service.
We were there for our wedding and on the day of the ceremony the staff could not have been more helpful.
I did not get chance to use the spa but Beach club guests are permitted to use Aqualia award winning spa.

Room Tip: All rooms are beach facing and similar. Ground level have big balconies straight onto the lawn but a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Tracey S,

Thank you for the wonderful review and thank you again for choosing to stay at Beach Club for your wedding. I'm so happy that everything went well on the day and you managed to have a picturesque Hamilton Island wedding. You must have great photos of the day?!

As you mentioned, we are able to book our guests into Spa qualia if there is availability and I still haven't seen a sad face return from a treatment there. Saying that, Spa Wurmadaylin which is only 200m from us, receives great feedback too.

We would all love to have you stay with us again sometime in the future, so when your anniversary comes around, please keep us in mind. My email address is marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I'd be happy to arrange your booking when you're ready to come back.

Best Wishes,

Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The good.....concierge service and chauffeur service
The room.....nice outlook but tired. Serviced only in the morning
The staff.....just doing their job
The breakfast......same as everywhere else....nothing special
The price.....same hotel off the Island would be 1/3 of the price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear SophieGoldCoast,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that you were impressed with our concierge and chauffeur service during your stay. However, it seems that you left feeling less satisfied with your stay than is usual for Beach Club guests, which is not ideal. If there is anything that you would like to talk to me about concerning your stay, I’d be more than happy to have a chat with you. My staff and I always try to ensure that our guests have a wonderful time staying with us and if they don’t, we try to find out exactly what could have made the experience better so that we can improve.

My email is marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here for two nights whilst I was on Hamilton Island working on an event. From checking in right through to check out, my entire stay was seamless. The staff were all extremely friendly, down to earth and very helpful. With direct frontage on to Catseye Beach along with private banana lounges and umbrellas, it is in an ideal location. If it's stinger season or the tide is out, the beautiful infinity pool is a great alternative. It is also across the road from the gym and a short walk to the marina.
Breakfast was delicious with a range of cereals, pastries fruit and toast at the buffet along with a cook to order menu of eggs, pancakes and a daily breakfast special.
The rooms are spacious, with a very large balcony/patio which has a direct view over the beach. Having an iPod dock was fantastic (and something these days every hotel room should have!)
I felt very spoilt for the entire stay and the staff were fantastic, especially Bridget (there were others but I can't remember their names!)
All of my colleagues who stayed here were equally satisfied (especially when they bring your coffee over to you at the pool in a take away cup so you don't have to get out!)
Other little touches like staff bringing out iced water to your lounges by the pool or the beach make it a little bit more special.
It is perfect for honeymooners (I did feel a bit lonely staying here by myself on a work trip, surrounded by mainly couples)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear tripper1811,

We're glad that you and your colleagues felt spoilt during your stay and that you were able to enjoy Hamilton Island.

We do get a fair amount of honeymooners due to the romantic ambiance of Beach Club but we also get a real variety of guests staying with us.

Our adults-only policy and our focus on great service make us ideal for a relaxing, carefree getaway.

I hope to see you at Beach Club again the next time you're on Hamilton Island.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I were at the resort for 4 days and left refreshed and pleasantly surprised by the resort. Rooms come with a Bose-based entertainment unit, and all overlook the turquoise sea. The restaurant food is excellent and there are daily specials even for breakfast. What impressed us most however is the friendly and professional service that was unobtrusive. The no kids policy makes for a blissful stay

• Stayed November 2012
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello GekkoSydney,

Thank you for reviewing Beach Club Hotel. I was pleased to see that your expectations were exceeded and that you were especially impressed by our service standards.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you're in the area.

Regards,

Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
#1 of 5 in Hamilton Island
4.5 of 5 stars 882 reviews

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!