“Absolute Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Leeds
“Absolute Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed in August 2012 for 5 nights in Beach Club resort Hamilton Island as part of our honeymoon. Arriving at the airport we were met by Beach Club staff who took care of our luggage and transfered us via Golf Buggy to our hotel - amazing! We were then given complimentary drinks whilst the staff explained the facilities to us looking out onto the beach. The pool and beach itself was beautiful and the views were spectacular. The rooms were also stunning and breakfast had a good selection and the cooked to order hot breakfast was particularly good.

The restaurants around Hamilton Island are all in easy reach - especially with the staff from Beach Club offering a buggy service to and from them, however generally we found everything on the island over priced, especially drinks in the hotel. If it wasn't at the other side of the world for us we would be booking again for Beach Club, one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. Worth the money.

Room Tip: Take a picnic and bottle of wine up to 'One Tree Hill' to watch the sun go down.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Gemma G,

Thank you so much for your generous review of Beach Club Hotel. I love to see newlyweds staying with us - it really is an honour to know that a couple has so many beautiful options all over the world and yet they choose to stay with us for this very special occasion.

I'm glad that you were happy with everything that we offered. We try to ensure that our guests don't have to worry about a thing whilst staying with us. Making dinner reservations, transporting guests to wherever they want to go on Hamilton Island or just having a chat over a coffee - that's what my staff and I are here for.

I sincerely hope that you are able to come back to Hamilton Island sometime in the future and stay at Beach Club again. Congratulations on your recent nuptials and I wish you every happiness for the future.

warm regards,

Beach Club Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hamilton Island is a beautiful place with wonderful scenery. The Beach Club is in a great location, and the rooms have a fantastic view and are very near the water. The bed is quite comfortable, and apart from having insufficient lighting, the rooms are good and of a nice size. Our TV did not work on the last night, and this was a bit annoying and the response to the problem wasn't all that good. In general, however, we found the service very good. One thing that we found a little surprising at such an expensive place was that you had to pay $12 for a litre bottle of water from the mini-bar. As the tap water on the island (I presume not just at the Beach Club) is basically undrinkable, even in tea and coffee, I think water should be free. You can get 2 litres for $2 in the island supermarket, so I suggest you stock up there. The breakfast service was below average and the continental-breakfast supplies were very restricted. For example, as an adults-only place, it is surprising to see only kids' breakfast cereals available! Also it is not possible to get coffee and cake during the day, which seemed really weird. As the food and service in the restaurant at breakfast were so poor, we didn't try dining at the hotel. The hotel has a good library, which I always appreciate, and three or four computers available.

One thing to be aware of before going to Hamilton Island is that it is hard to get in anywhere good to dine on the island. We couldn't get into the Yacht Club or Mariners, supposedly the best places, and if we go again we'll book before we leave home. Another thing is that although it was winter and cool at night, the restaurants seem to think it is warm and are open to the elements. I found it very odd to have to wear a jumper in restaurants. I saw some people wearing coats!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Ert53,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to review Beach Club.

Let me assure you that the water on Hamilton Island is definitely drinkable. I've been drinking it for almost 8 years and I'm okay!

The selection of cereal is what we've found to be the most popular with guests over the years but we're also able to get other cereals as I recall we did in your case.

Barista-made coffee is available 24/7 and is free at breakfast.

Booking ahead for dinner is advised and we're more than happy to take care of organising this for our guests so that they can start relaxing as soon as they arrive.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at Beach Club Hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.

warmest regards,

Glenmore Park, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I took my partner to Hamilton Island for his birthday and we stayed at the Beach Club. We received 5 star service the whole time we stayed there. The staff were amazing and nothing was ever too much for them. The room was simple but lovely. Good size room and bathroom also. The Beach Club had our bags picked up from the airport and in our room when we arrived. The food was also amazing. The complimentary breakfast is one of the best we have had! Food there not too pricey and also went fine dining on the beach with our own private waiter which was beautiful. My partner and I seemed to be the youngest people staying at the Beach Club (24 & 22) however we were not treated any differently by staff. All in all a fantastic holiday we did not want to end and the Beach Club made it that much more special!

Room Tip: I would recommend choosing a room on the ground floor. 10 steps from your room and you are on the be...
Dear Liv l,

It's great to see a review from you - thank you for supporting Beach Club Hotel and also for sharing your experience with the wider Tripadvisor community.

It was clear to me that you were having a great time together whilst staying here and that's really our goal - taking care of everything for our guests so they can just focus on relaxation and enjoying each other’s company.

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our romantic beach side dining experience. It's pretty easy to let your romantic side come out watching the light fade over Catseye beach.

I sincerely hope that you will visit Beach Club for many years to come. You will always be welcome here.

kind regards,

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Could not fault anything about the hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the pool and beach area beautiful and the food both at breakfast and in the evening outstanding.The island seems an ideal size and is far more than just a resort with numerous quality restaurants for choice. We cannot wait to return and would recommend both the hotel and the island to anyone wanting a taste of the Barrier Reef which is on the island doorstep. We are reasonably well travelled and the Beach Club is certainly in our top 10 places we would love to return to.
One final request please do not build anymore high rise buildings on the island - you would ruin paradise

Room Tip: First floor rooms have better views than ground floor but only just!
Hello iangordon76,

I was delighted to read your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you for posting such kind words on Tripadvisor - it means a lot to my staff and I.

You're absolutely right when you say that Hamilton Island is more than just a resort with some restaurants. In actuality, we're our own community and economy. We have a state school as well as a Tafe college on Island and many people, including myself, have chosen to make a life on this piece of paradise floating in the Whitsundays.

I'm happy to confirm that I'm not aware of any plans to build any highrise buildings on Hamilton Island. We are investing money in things that will enhance the customer experience such as the recently completed Asian Fusion restaurant, Coca Chu.

We can't wait for you to return either, so when you are ready, feel free to get in contact with me directly at marcust@hamiltonisland.com.au and I will do all I can to assist with the arrangements for your next booking.

Warmest regards,

Kilkenny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went to beach club as part of our honeymoon and we didn't want to leave. Hamilton island is one of the most beautiful places we've ever been. The hotel pool was perfect, lovely temperature and overlooking cats eye beach. The room was lovely and spacious. Staff were very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was AMAZING! Best pancakes we've ever had! The only negatives would be one day we were there, there were people filming an ad and we weren't allowed access to the pool for the afternoon which was a real pain as it was a lovely day and they should have really done it in the morning when it was quiet. Also one point I have found with nearly every hotel/place we've stayed including beach club is the need for them to check their room towels more. If towels have permanent stains they shud be discarded. Otherwise we had a wonderful stay and we'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Hi Tara O,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay here at Beach Club.

Let me congratulate you both again on your wedding! Let me also thank you for choosing Beach Club to stay at during your honeymoon. We have many newlyweds come to stay with us and we are so lucky to be a part of the beautiful memories that they leave with.

Great feedback never gets old and I really appreciate you taking the time to publicly recommend Beach Club. It’s really rewarding for my staff and I to see our guests enjoying their stay and I’m so glad that you loved staying with us.

I’m sorry that you weren’t able to swim in the pool during the film shoot. This was conducted by our sales team for internal promotion. As a general rule I wouldn't allow external crews to interrupt our guest’s stay but this was a once in a blue moon sort of thing. Timing of the shoot was dictated by lighting conditions and other technical things (that I have no idea about!) but I sincerely apologise for any interruptions to you and our other guests during this time.
Towelling is inspected during the wash process by our laundry and items seen as worn will be removed from the system. Our housekeeping team should inspect items before placing in rooms as a backup, I will follow up how the towelling passed through the system unnoticed. Thank you for keeping us on our toes.

We would absolutely love to have you both stay with us again. There won’t be any film crews the next time, I promise!

Regards,

Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went back to HI after an absense of many years fora friend's faughetr's wedding.
there was a lot which had changed - there was a lot which was the same.
we had always loved our holidays on HI before - we loved our too brief stay at the Beach Club this time and wished it were a lot longer. Just not a possibility!

Room Tip: Just book it - book an upstairs room - you will have a wonderful outlook!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jm747,

Great to see the return visit was just as enjoyable as your previous stays and that you liked the improvements the island has been undergoing for the last couple of years (still more to come!).

Hope to see you back in the near future.

Regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Beach Club on Hamilton Island made our recently holiday fantastic. Right from when they met us at the airport to when they returned us to our flight home we had a wonderful time. The friendly staff and their attention to our comfort was definately 5 star. The location right on the beach and the peaceful atmosphere was amazing. I am already looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms have views but ground floor rooms are better if you have a disability
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Cherylew195,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! It was wonderful having you stay with us at Beach Club and my staff and I thank you for your kind words.

We can't wait to see you back at Beach Club Hotel! Until then.....

Cheers,

Beach Club Hotel

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!