We stayed in the beach club for 3 nights just before Christmas 2007. From the moment we got picked up by golf buggy until we left we enjoyed every minute. After reading some not so favourable reviews I have to say I was'nt terribly excited about the beach club. Yes the accomodation is not luxurious but the rooms are huge and have everything you need. Our ground floor room was literally 10 steps from the beach. The most impressive aspects of this hotel are its staff, who were extremely friendly and helpful and the service was at all times excellent. I must single out the breakfast, it was divine. We ate outside by the pool every day and enjoyed the beauiful view of the beach and all the exotic birds, who if you're not careful will try and steal your breakfast!The french toast with fruit so good we ate it for the 3 days. Whenever we wanted to go anywhere on the isalnd or be picked up a buggy was ready for us within minutes. I was a little apprehensive about the buggies but its hot up there and very hilly!
Food wise we ate out every night, the restaurants at the harbour were excellent.
We were there in the middle of stinger season but after speaking to locals and seeing everyone else in the water without stinger suits on we followed suit and just wore our bathers into the water.In fact we only wore suits when we went snorkelling on the reef.There are catemarans you can take out free of charge and also jet skis to hire. We did both, great fun!
We took a sea plane trip over the reef before landing on whitehaven beach. I cannot recommend this trip enough, it is magical to see the reef and whitehaven from above and something we will never forget, worth every penny!
The only small criticisms I have are that the lunch menu is a little limiting. We are beach people and actually did'nt get in the pool once so the small size of the pool did'nt affect us but they do need some extra sun loungers on the beach.
We chose Hamilton Island because you can fly directly there and after landing be at your hotel within 15 minutes and also because of the choice of activities and restaurants. It not only lived up to our expectations but surpassed them. Loved it and would love to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with theirown private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions/ A la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport/marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / Use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkellingequipment / Use of the gym, spa and sauna / Tennis and squash court hire / Use of the Beach Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Splendia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island