“Super friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water sports, Adventure
Sydney, Australia
“Super friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My family (wife and 8 year old son) and I went on the full day trip to the outer reef. First, I have my PADI open water scuba certification but I had not been scuba diving for 14 years! They offered a free refresher course the morning of the trip.

When it came time to do the dive, I had some anxiety about it. However, the dive master (Mika) was super cool about it. She made me her dive buddy and she gave me an extra large tank so I wouldn't go through my air too quickly.

The trip consists of two dives or snorkels. You do one in the morning, break for lunch, then do another one in the afternoon at a different location. I scuba dived for the first one and snorkeled with my family on the second one. I did it this way so I could spend some time with my son. He was going a little crazy with excitement and it was fun to watch him enjoy himself so much. He is a decent swimmer but they give you a wetsuit that is fairly buoyant as well as noodles and other floatation devices. This was really helpful for families with young children.

The lunch was surprisingly good. They also gave us a nice afternoon tea on the way back with cut fruit and sweet breads.

My only complaint is that the trip out to the reef is about 2 hours one way so you basically spend half the day travelling but you can't fault the tour company for this. It's just something to be aware of.

Visited May 2013
H2oSportz, Sales and Marketing Team at H2O Sportz, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback and posting the great photos. It certainly looks like you had a fantastic day! We will pass your comments onto Mika and the rest of The Crew. Thank you for choosing H2o Sportz and we hope to see you back on beautiful Hamilton Island in the future.

H2o Sportz, Operations Manager

Sydney
“Triple Treat tour - better than the outer reef tour???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were wondering if the extra time to trek out to the reef with 3 kids was going to be worth it vs going somewhere closer. We decided less travelling and more doing was the way to go and we were not disappointed. The triple treat tour started with the Hill Inlet lookout which was simply stunning - words cannot express the colours of the water from the lookout heading down over Whitehaven beach. Then off to Border island for some fabulous snorkeling followed by a simple but scrumptious lunch and finishing up at magnificent Whitehaven beach for some chilling out.

We loved the fact that each piece of motoring was less than 1 hour between activities so our three kids never got bored.

The luxurious motor cruiser int eh brochure, wasn't quite luxurious but was clean, tidy and completely functional. If it was the height of summer it would be very hot i think.

Bottom line, great 3 activities if you only have one day to take in the best of the best that is well priced with plenty of doing and less travelling.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Barrier Reef- AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recently my partner and I went on the full day trip to the reef. The weather was amazing and it was such a great day. We were both snorkeling on the trip and our guide Teagan was absolutely fantastic, she swam down to the bottom to bring up a sea cucumber, it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. She was so bubbly and informative she made the snorkeling so much fun. The rest of the crew were also great. The lunch was delicious. It was a perfect day, I would highly recommend this trip to others going to Hamilton Island :)!!

Visited April 2013
H2oSportz, Sales and Marketing Team at H2O Sportz, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Traveller

Thank you for taking the time to leave such fantastic feedback.
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Great Barrier Reef, it certainly is a special place!! We will forward your thanks onto Tegan!!
We hope you enjoyed the rest of you holiday, and we would love to see you back on Hamilton Island again soon.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Operations Manager
New Orleans, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
“Two great days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I went on the full-day Great Barrier Reef snorkel cruise as well as the Whitehaven Beach safari. Both trips were excellent with very knowledgeable and friendly guides. I would highly recommend both these tours. They accommodated everyone very well. They gave excellent supervision without being too demanding. The lunch on the boat was GREAT! I would love to go back out with them again.

Visited April 2013
H2oSportz, Sales and Marketing Team at H2O Sportz, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hello Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback.
We were thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our tours.
Thank you for choosing h2o sportz and for booking two of our trips.

We hope to see you back on Hamilton Island in the future.

Operations Manager, H2o Sportz
“The greatest memory at Hamilton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I went to Hamilton island for honeymoon.
We TRIED "Triple Treat" tour, and it was so amazing!!!
We could try not only snorkeling and diving also trecking!!
Sooooo excited!!!

The staff " Mika" was so nice, friendly. and professional!!!

Hello Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback.
We were thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the Triple Treat Adventure, it is a much loved tour! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon
Thank you for choosing h2o sportz and we hope to see you back on Hamilton Island in the future.

Operations Manager, H2o Sportz