“beaten by half a second ... can you believe it???” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Race Car Tracks, Amusement
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“beaten by half a second ... can you believe it???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Racing each other around this fabulous track was going to be my way to prove that I was the superior driver!!! ... well I managed to keep my boyfriend at bay, I rounded the corners smoothly and quickly accelerated out of them. There was no way I was going to allow him to overtake me this time. So as I proudly walked into the office with my head held high to review our lap times expecting of course to have won, well ... you can only imagine my disapointment when I read that he had beaten me, and can you believe it, it was by half a second :(

Seriously this is a great track and the go karts are really quick and responsive. It is loads of fun, especially for those of us with a (small) competitive streak :) Have a great time!!!

Visited January 2013
David_hiactivities, Divsion Manager Retail and Activities at Hamilton Island Go Kart Track, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Michelle b

Thank you for your 5 star review of Hamilton Island Go Karts. Half a second your nearly there! We look forward to your next visit and expect you to be challenging our lap record currently at 26.77 seconds.

Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Something different in the Whitsundays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Small track, expensive (but then again, where else do you go to Kart??), but a great way to burn off some extra energy, especially with teenage boys.

Sydney, Australia
26 attraction reviews
“Go for it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Good fun and something you don't get to do very often. They travel quickly and husband and son enjoyed it immensly.

Visited October 2012
David_hiactivities, Division Manager Retail and Activities at Hamilton Island Go Kart Track, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear on the road

Thank you for your 5 star review of go karts and we really appreciate your feedback. I have passed on your comments to our team who are delighted you enjoyed our modern kart fleet with the latest in computerised timing systems to monitor your lap times.
We hope to see you again soon!

Gold Coast
12 attraction reviews
“An attraction for the kids - lots of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

On an island sometimes you have had enough of sun and sand for the day. That age group that wants some adventure needs to be satiated.
This was a great idea for the teenagers and they all came back to the house energised, hungry and ready to relax.

Visited December 2012
David_hiactivities, Manager at Hamilton Island Go Kart Track, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Kerry

Thank you for your positive review and we are delighted your teenagers enjoyed our new go kart fleet which was updated just recently. Thank you for choosing Hamilton Island and we look fowrad to seeing you return and break our lap record at Go Karts!

Brisbane
“Ripped off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We paid for 15mins, but only had 10. When we asked, we were brushed off, despite having a receipt and the print out of lap times they gave us.
Apart from that, it was a really fun exeperience.

Visited December 2012
Dear Sally

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that your session was shorter than expected. I have discussed with the team your concerns related to tracking session times on busy days and how we can better manage this process. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the experience at Go Karts. Please feel free to contact me directly when next on Hamilton Island.

Divsion Manager Retail and Activities