Spent 3 nights with the family in a one-bedroom room. Had a relaxing time in spite of rainy weather for duration of stay - well designed resort emphasising the natural setting. Rooms are getting a bit dated, refurbishment of bathrooms would be a good idea. Staff were generally friendly and helpful, although got the sense that there were quite a few new staff still "learning the ropes". Not many free activities included - just swimming pool and tennis courts. No gym, games room. Meal options were a bit limited while we were there. Casual dining option was very crowded from 6pm on. Seafood buffet on saturday night was excellent. Overall a good experience, mainly due to the impressive natural environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island