“not clean, old furnishing for new apartments” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Islington Apartments

You added BEST WESTERN Islington Apartments to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Islington Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4 Aplin Street, Townsville, Queensland 4810, Australia   |
“not clean, old furnishing for new apartments”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

not satisfied with cleanliness of apartment. No ramp or lift to get into reception or complex. Once inside complex there are lifts. Not so good for pram and someone that cant walk up stairs. Old furnishing in new apartment.close to shops,bus stop and information centre

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The lady at the front desk was very nice, quick check in. The apartments are very nice and modern, comfortable beds, nice kitchen. The views aren't that great but that didn't bother us. Only a short walk (10-15 min) to the main street of town.

Comfortable beds, great bathrooms, fantastic kitchen, good little balcony.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cairns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Despite reading the reviews and taking a lot of notice of those that stated that the apartments were not properly cleaned I took a gamble and booked a one bedroom apartment. So, it turns out I should have listened to those reviewers and avoided the place. Although, the reviews are quiet mixed. The apartment is certainly not clean and far from the standard I expect from any decent motel. My husband has worked on remote properties for most of his life and has lived in so less than appealing conditions but yet even he said that it was the least clean place he has every stayed at. There is hair everywhere in the bathroom and nothing has ever been wiped over properly (fridge, microwave, benches, tables, splash back in kitchen, kitchen utensils and crockery, etc). Fortunately the lounge is dark in colour but I can see that its dirty. Also, there are no doonas on the bed (just sheets) so my husband pulled the spare blanket out of the cupboard. It was white and absolutely FILTHY. I don't know if its been washed and its stained or if it hasn't been washed. Totally gross. It could be a coincidence but only half hour after arriving I had bad asthma, watery eyes and a running nose. Woke up with it as well. I also feel itchy all over - not nice. A few other things - I could not for the life of me get the TV remote to work. It turned the TV on but I couldn't get anything else to work with it. The air con in the bedroom make this clicking type noise ALL night. Barely slept from that and the fact that we didn't have a proper blanket or a clean one. Regardless of the temperature my husband and I like the weight of a doona on us. Also, the place is really badly signed or not signed should I say. It took us a bit to find it but when we did it was really easy to check-in, even after hours. My husband and I think that its a huge shame about the cleanliness of the place because it has huge potential to be fantastic value for money. It is quiet a new building so to see if half trashed already is disappointing. The rooms are also a great size and its is in a great location but to us none of that matters if the place isn't clean!! I thought we were on to a winner but unfortunately I have to say that we wont be back. Overall, it's the cleaners that let this place down.

Room Tip: Tell them you are aware that the feedback is poor cleanliness and that you would like them to ensure...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Really great accommodation for business travellers, large,very new rooms, spotless and clean. Nice and quiet at night, but still close enough to wander up to some of the restaurants in the town centre - Newmarket pub is good for food. Great coffee shop downstairs. Unfortunately the office only opens from 9-5, making it a little difficult to settle the bill, but they do have a secret code system to get your keys after hours. Really helpful staff, safe parking. It is a 5 min drive to the Strand.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had the most unpleasant stay at this apartment. Management were so rude, the lady was... Well I was shocked of the treatment we received when asking for the smallest of service. We stood waiting hours for assistance as it was outside 'normal' business hours - Saturday afternoon - If you notice some of the other reviewers they have given splendid comments to outweigh the negative.. Interesting to note they have commented 2 or 3 times only on Q Resort apartments... You will make your own decision.. To the manager, all I asked was for some courtesy, I did explain to you we would write a negative review.. Maybe next time laughing and hanging up isn't the best way to treat your customers - especially when all we asked for was a clean bed spread as ours was stained.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere...!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I'm a regular to Townsville and to Q Resorts Central. The name says it all -it's Central to everything. Vine 21 and a new coffee shop Fratello just out the front of the complex. Apartments are spacious and ideal for the long stays I do for business. Staff are friendly and always smiling. Cleaning is great -something I'm always looking at whenever I stay away from home. Ill be back again this month

• Stayed February 2012
Buderim, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed ( my husband and I) for 3 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment. The rooms were nice and clean and well set out. The location was okay - possibly a little far from a majority of the restaurants and The Strand - however we had a hire car so for us this wasnt an issue. The rooms are self catering - so not even any tea or coffee is provided.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Islington Apartments? Share your experiences!