“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino

You added Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sir Leslie Thiess Drive, Townsville, Queensland 4810, Australia   |
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Townsville
Mackay
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

On our first night of our honeymoon, travelling north, we stayed here, and it was lovely. Service wonderful, and was upgraded to a gorgeous room, with a exquisite bottle of champagne ... Very worthwhile. Their buffet breakfast is definitely the best we've ever tried. Highly recommended place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear HapWedBA,

Congratulations! I am delighted that the small touches from our attentive team at Jupiters Townsville have made the first night of your honeymoon one to remember. Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendation.

I will be sure to pass your kind words to the respective department managers so that they may share this with their team members.

I wish you many years of happiness together.

Yours sincerely,
Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Townsville Jupiters complex recently for a work trip and conference. If I had the choice, I would not stay again.
The rooms were fine, nothing special. Bathrooms are small. Bed was comfortable.
Service was... interesting. The guys out the front on concierge/valet were very friendly and lovely. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the service desk staff. On asking if there were anywhere to grab a cup of coffee there at about 9 am, I was told to try the cafe in the casino. It was not open. I ended up being able to order one at the buffet restaurant downstairs. They didn't seem as if they wanted to help me, I felt like I was in their way. Not really good enough for a casino and four star hotel.
Breakfast was good, in fact breakfast was the only meal I enjoyed at the hotel. My colleague and I couldn't find anything decent, relatively healthy and gluten free for lunch on the hotel menu (a requirement for one of us), so we ended up tripping into town (it's a good 15-20 minute walk from town or a 5 minute cab ride). That night we had a conference dinner at the function room in the hotel. My main meal was inedible - I ended up going hungry that night.

Overall the rooms are fine, so perhaps if you are just visiting for one night, or really want to go to the casino, consider Jupiters. If you're looking for something more, look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear JazzyJeffrey

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville after your recent business trip. It is terribly disappointing that your experience has been littered with a number of negative experiences.

Your commendation for the service provided by our front drive staff is appreciated however it is regretful that this has not extended to all staff. Please be assured we are committed to providing a very high level of customer service to each and every guest, therefore I have forwarded all aspects of your feedback to our management team to review.

I sincerely apologise that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed at jupiters a few times now and each time it is really pretty good but this time all the staff were much friendlier than any other time I have stayed there. The Spin restaurant has improved a lot as well. The food and service is now very very good. The only complaint I have about Jupiters overall is the shower head was woefull which I have found each time I have stayed there - I stay in an "executive" room so I would expect a decent shower but no happened so far

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are about the same- I have stayed in a different one each time and they have a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear imanaussie2

I am delighted that you have once again enjoyed your stay at Jupiters Townsville. Our friendly and attentive team are committed to providing our guests with a level of customer service that is second to none.

Our Food & Beverage team have been working hard to tempt our guests with great menu selections. I am therefore pleased that your experience at Spin has been gratifying.

Your concern, regarding the shower head in the Executive rooms, is being considered by management to ensure that we are able to meet the expectations of our future guests.

Thank you again for your review of Jupiters and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and thought it was good. The room was clean and the bed was comfy..thats all we need. We enjoyed a meal in the restaraunt next to reception and of course lost a few dollars in the casino..but you get that. I also left my nighty in the room but nobody called to let me know.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Kim M

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that you have had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and casino.

I am delighted that you chose to dine with us at Kōbe, as it is fast becoming a favourite with locals and visitors alike.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly at, jennifer.sheppard@echoent.com.au, if required, regarding your forgotten clothing item.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Townsville Hotel & Casino is holding itself quite well even though the establishment is becoming quite old, when compared to other options in Townsville.

The staff are friendly and willing to help. The meals in the Kobe restaurant are a bit disappointing and overpriced.

The meals in the Aqua buffet are really poor. Apart from the fresh seafood the rest leaves you feeling like you've just completed a meal in a cattle feedlot. Unless you're very easily pleased I would avoid the buffet altogether.

Apart from the quality of meals, the hotel provides good services, an excellent location and a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Shanearn

As you have mentioned Jupiters Townsville celebrates a long standing history across Townsville’s skyline. It is through feedback from guests, such as yourself, that we continue to identify the needs and desires of our guests and patrons to ensure that we are able to provide experiences exceeding their expectations.

It is always disappointing to read that a guest has not enjoyed their experience while dining with us at one of our restaurants. Kōbe has received a welcoming response to Townsville’s dining scene offering a selection of the highest quality Waygu beef. I am therefore saddened that your experience has not mirrored this.

I take solace that our friendly and attentive staff appears to have been a highlight of your visit. Our team certainly pride themselves on the level of customer service that they offer to each and every guest to Jupiters.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and I certainly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters soon.

Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were quickly put thru check in. Room was nice and clean. Dinner at Kobe restaurant was beautiful. And the breakfast buffet was yummy, with heaps of options for all tastes. The cafe in the casino part was cheap, but the meals were great. sign up free to casino rewards and you can get your meals in the casino cheaper. The only thing I could fault was the actual casino. It is run down and need of a revamp. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Kasey G

Thank you for your lovely review of Jupiters Townsville. As you can imagine, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

It is fabulous that you have enjoyed your stay with us, from check in to the comfort of your room.
With three restaurants to choose from there is certainly something for everyone. From the buffet selection in Aqua, divine menu options at Kōbe or the choice of exceptional value meals in Spin, taste buds are sure to be tempted.

We can certainly understand your comments around the current atmosphere of the Casino floor; we are currently undertaking refurbishments to enhance our customer’s experience. We are very excited by continued enhancements to the leisure and enjoyment opportunities for all of our customers. With the most recent reveal occurring this week I hope that you may find your next visit to the Casino more enjoyable.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

After a function at the casino I found the security staff to be over zealous and overly physical in their application of entry policy. I would recommend that any traveller looking to enjoy a few drinks before entry to the casino enter them drink as I found the security staff to be overly physical and aggressive.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Scha79

I am disappointed to read that your recent visit to the Casino at Jupiters Townsville has not met with your expectations. It is regretful that your experience on this occasion has left you feeling dissatisfied with the professional conduct of members from our Safety & Security team.

As we take all feedback seriously, I would like to extend an invitation for you contact me directly at jennife.sheppard@echoent.com.au for further clarification of your concerns.

Jennifer

Been to Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!