“Nice place but ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Townsville

You added Mercure Townsville to your Saves list
Mercure Townsville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 Woolcock St | Currajong, Townsville, Queensland 4812, Australia   |
Special Offer
Early Booking
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
“Nice place but ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great room with a view over the lake, the large pools and restaurants were brilliant, five minutes from the shopping centre, and a short drive to the strand, so here comes the but ethier side where a group of ten or more youth who were making lots of noise and even with a lots of complaints nothing was done, so a great place let down by a group of boys so hope they not there when you visit the place

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
MercureTownsville, Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear RogerFane

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Mercure Townsville. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed many elements of the hotel such as the location, views and the pool but we were disappointed to hear that your stay was so badly disturbed by another group of guests in the hotel. Our staff always endeavour to ensure all our guests are comfortable and that any disturbances are resolved immediately, and I am sorry if, on this occasion, this did not seem to be the case.

Andrea Hughes
Mercure Townsville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mackay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A few weeks back I stayed at this establishment for a week due to work requirements. It has been some time since I had stayerd there and not much has changed. Thgere has been some improvments since my last stay, for the better and they appear to still be in the middle of the upgrade. The rooms are cosy and the setting is pleasant. The restuarant is still the same and the meals inconsistant. I had the same meal 3 times due to dietary needs and three times it was different. Hotel bar left me scratching my head as mid strngth beer was $7.50 a stubbie but full strength beer I could get cheaper. MMMMMM maybe they need to rethink that one. Overall resonable stay but over exaggerated prices especially the mini bar.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
MercureTownsville, Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Unbiased O

We thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay of the Mercure Townsville. We ar pleased that you found the hotel to be comfortable, and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We also appreciate the constructive comments with regards to our Food and Beverage services.

I have spoke to our F&B Manager and Executive Chef who taken your feedback on board and will look to review meal consistency and our bar pricing. Natually the origin of the beer sometimes dictates a higher price, but we will still review our entire range to see if changes do need to be made.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and providing us with constructive feedback, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

With thanks once again
Andrea Hughes
Bargara, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The open plan reception and overall design around water ( pool and lake ) is very appealing and typical of NQ. In house reservation staff ( Kelly) were professional, polite and efficient. Check in was very pleasant and prompt. This Hotel is obviously very well managed because every staff member I encountered from Reservations, Reception, Bar and Restaurant were all very pleasant and ALL smiled and really wanted to be there and do a great job. Rooms were clean and spacious. An excellent team. I look forward to my next stay and as someone who stays in Accor properties on a very regular basis I would definitely recommend this Hotel for business and leisure.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
MercureTownsville, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Peter,

Thank you for the great review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll ensure
the team are made aware of your feedback, and that Kelly is recognised for her efforts.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Mercure.

Regards,
Steve Wellsteed
Mount Isa, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One third of the hotel is ribboned off, the renovators start at 7am. They seem to be respectful if the fact that there are sleeping guests, but renovation work requires use of sometimes noisy tools. I saw and heard electric planes, drills, and Jack hammers. The block we stayed in was three rooms from one of the buildings being renovated, and looked very tired and in need of renovation itself. The tropical gardens were overgrown, full of weeds and in a general state of unkempt. There were weeds and trash throughout the car park for our six night stay, but the night security lighting and security fence seemed to keep cars and motorbikes safe overnight. The temperatures in Townsville are very high even at Easter, and there is no undercover parking. We did see a guy on a ride-on-lawn mower slash the newly laid turf in front of our block of units. One day we attempted to have a swim in the pool, only to find that the maintenance person had dumped a few kilos of salt on the edge of the pool and in the pool near to the stairs. As it was such a large amount of salt in one spot, sitting on the pool floor at the foot of the stairs, it was not dissolving. After we arrived, we had letters left in our room explaining that there would be no house keeping services for three of the days over Easter, due to penalty rates. At the restaurant, which overlooked the resort pool, there was a sign on those days saying that the restaurant was open, but that thee would be minimal staffing, so no table service. To be fair, the front desk staff were able to provide coffee, milk and towels over this non-staffed period. Since Accor claim to be the largest operator in Australia, we were surprised to find an Accor motel this run-down, last time we stayed here (many years ago), it was very well maintained. All of the staff we spoke to were fantastic - both front desk and cleaners (when they were on-hand). We we're not advised of the Reno or Easter staffing prior to booking or arriving, and both impacted on our holiday. It would appear that to work through the other 4 blocks, the renovation will take many months.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry to hear your experience wasn't as positive as you had hoped. We have been in the process of adding rooms to the property, which I am delighted will be completed this week. We have also been upgrading the gardens and conducting some landscaping works, all of which will improve the look and feel of the hotel. I hope that you will return to the property in the future, to enjoy our upgraded facilities and rooms, and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during the works.

Kind regards,
Steve Wellsteed
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I only stayed overnight but it was pleasant stay from start to finish - reception was good, room was clean and the pool looked amazing but didnt get time to go in it.
Comfortable bed, great breakfast, fast checkout

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Jakie

There aren’t enough words to describe how thankful we are for such a great feedback, Thank You.
Thanks for sharing your amazing experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
please introduce yourself to us in your next visit and we will make sure you will get memorable service again.

Many Thanks
Kasun Karunamuni
Cardwell, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a long drive I was happy to arrive at the Mercure Townsville in time for dinner. My check in was very efficient and I was very pleased to be swiftly offered assistance when I mentioned that I had a lot of gear to take to my room. It was no trouble at all and I didn't even have to ask! The room was clean and suited my purpose well. I would have liked to have been able to drive my car closer to the room but with the layout it wasn't possible and I was offered assistance both on checkiing in and on early morning check out at 4:30am. Thank You. I ate by the pool and must admit I was pleasantly surprised by both the choice and quality of meals. The only comment I would make is that I found it slightly annoying that some new arrivals were walking along a path next to the outside dining area to get to their room. I would have liked more privacy when eating. I checked out very early the next morning in darkness by the lass at reception came to my room to assist me which I am very grateful for. It was dark when I left and I could not find the direct way to the highway so came back in a circle to the reception area. Perhaps good signage would have avoided this problem. Locality to the airport is great. Thanks to all the staff. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: When booking perhaps ask for one near Reception so you can park the car close by.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dera Gaila,

Thank you so kindly for your fantastic review. I so appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and other readers.
I am thrilled you enjoyed the tropics and our hotel environment from your room. It is certainly a beautiful experience to take a break from crowds and enjoy the atmosphere and views.

I apologize for the lack of privacy for people dining outside the restaurant tables. I have discussed this with our operations manager and we are currently working on possible solutions to rectify the issue.
Also I am glad that I had the opportunity to help you out with your bags the day you checked out from the hotel.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Townsville.

Kind Regards,

Kasun Karunamuni
Assistant Manager

Been to Mercure Townsville? Share your experiences!