“Not the best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Townsville

Save Saved
You added Mercure Townsville to your Saves list
Mercure Townsville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 Woolcock St | Currajong, Townsville, Queensland 4812, Australia   |
Ranked #11 of 39 hotels in Townsville

494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

There was a little delay on checkout due to 50% discount not being applied to our dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Very much appreciated the upgrade. Not many deck chairs arount the pool area. Staff friendly and professional. Very happy with our stay. Would definetley come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
richo59, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear mumandjess,

Thank you for positive review about Mercure townsville. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks again and look forward to see you again in Townsville..

sincerely,

Cairns, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It was a quick check-in at reception.
We have used our first free stay from Accor Advantage Plus and got a standard room.
We found out the floor in the room was dirty and the bathroom was moldy and spider webs on the wall.
After we told the receptionist, they have upgraded the room and offered drink vouchers.
However, the superior room floor was dirty too.
There was no cold water from the water tap.
When taking shower it made a very loud noise and the air conditioning was leaking as well.

Dear Tripguyy,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. It is disappointing to learn about your experiences regarding the cleanliness of the rooms. I have shared it with my executive housekeeper and maintenance manager and they share my disappointment. Further, let me assure you that we are taking positive steps to prevent any future occurrence.

Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our stay at the Mercure in Townsville was quite comfortable. The room was neat and clean. The only reason that I have marked the service down a little was due to the length of time that it took to be served and I believe that it was more lack of staff than staff not working properly. The staff were all very friendly, approachable & knowledgeable.
The location overlooking the lake in great. We would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
richo59, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Shirley1954,

Thank you for your review on our hotel.

Ido apologise that we did not meet your expectations when attending to you and i have discussed your concerns with my team to review our planning of team members to business demands so that we have adequate coverage in all areas of the hotel.

I am very fortunate with the team members who work here as we regularly get such positive comments about their positive and helpful attitude and manner.

I and the rest of the team again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Townsville on your next visit.

Yours Sincerly,
Peter
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Acceptable hotel, staff friendly, AC didn't work but informed staff next morning and they apologised and said they would rectify ASAP. Weather was vey warm so not a real problem.
Location is a little bit out of the way, but pleasant stay and beer was cold.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
richo59, Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear RJS124,

Thank you, we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville. We are glad that enjoyed your stay with us though there was an initial hiccup.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Celsius Restaurant is now serving some great James Squires beer varities. Its worthwhile giving it a try next time you are here.

Magnetic Island, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

got great room rates as an Accor Club member - red hot special. Nothing to complain about because it was all good - especially the breakfast buffet. Nice pool, we didn't have time to use it though. Easy drive to town - close to shopping and restaurants like Sizzler and McDonalds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
richo59, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Lana4819,

Thank you, we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville. We pride ourselves in having the best breakfast Townsville has to offer. Why not visit us on the weekend and have some freshly made omelettes?

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Regards,
Cairns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here after a not so pleasant stay at Central Islington Apartments in Townsville. Im a clean freak and I would recommend the mercure to everyone. However, we did stay in a superior resort room which was refurbished about 2-2.5 years ago. So, make sure you check, before booking, that it is a refurbished room. The room isn't ultra modern but it is certainly very comfortable and clean. The bed is comfy too. The fridge has a little freezer that works a dream (I noticed hardly any motel freezers work well) which is great because we like to freeze our water bottles for the following day. If I had to be picky the only thing I would comment on is that a lady came at 9am and asked if we had used anything from the mini bar. I was asleep (and subsequently woken up) but my husband was up working. I just think given that checkout isn't until 11am that it could wait until after check out. I wouldn't pay anymore than $140 a night for the room though. Also, I was delighted to see that checkout is 11am instead of the usual 10am. It's a lovely change and I think is quiet a big bonus if you don't have to head off early. Also, its a little bit of a walk from your car to your room but reception do offer to help with your luggage so it's all good. Overall, very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Before booking call and ask if the particular room you are looking at booking is refurbished.