“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Townsville

You added Mercure Townsville to your Saves list
Mercure Townsville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 Woolcock St | Currajong, Townsville, Queensland 4812, Australia   |
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Townsville
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was my first time to Townsville, the location for this hotel was fantastic close to the airport and the center of town. It would be a great hotel to stay while on holiday, the bar and restaurant was great, breakfast was one of the better i have experienced. And if only i had packed my swim shorts, as the pool looked so inviting. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

we were very upset to waste our free night on a room not suitabloe in the middle of someones wedding yes we were given another room but not till after 3 hours after we had arrived and we had already asked and been told no rooms so this was a lie we have stayed many times over the last 4 years and this really did put a bad taste in our mouths
Also our surname is Ferriman not missing as you have sent this and our confirmation to

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Maffra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Mercure Townsville was well laid out and in an ideallic setting. Meals were reasonably priced and tasty and staff eager to help. The whole place was family friendly and I would recommend it for single business travellers or families travelling for leisure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

The staff were delightful and the service was very good. I was moved to an upgraded room when my television didn't work but I was disappointed with the cockroaches and bugs in the room. I have booked to stay there again but will ask for a can of pest spray when I check in. I guess it is a down-side of the tropical garden setting. The location is in the suburbs, near to where I needed to be for business, but I would probably choose a hotel in the city if I visited Townsville purely for leisure. The dinner menu is comprehensive and my guests and I enjoyed our meal. Breakfast was sufficient but not expansive.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Very clean modern hotel with large spacious room and good restaurant. Really liked that the all day (cheaper) menu was still available for dinner. Staff (especially Jeanine) at reception were very helpful and efficient. Only drawback was the distance from the city centre if travelling for leisure. Alternatively very close to airport if travelling for business. Overall a very pleasant experience. Would definately recommend to friends if travelling to Townsville.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mercure Townsville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mercure Townsville

Address: 166 Woolcock St | Currajong, Townsville, Queensland 4812, Australia
Location: Australia > Queensland > Townsville
Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 Luxury Hotel in Townsville
Hotel Class:4 star — Mercure Townsville 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mercure Townsville Hotel Townsville
Mercure Hotel Townsville
Accor Hotel Townsville

If you own or manage Mercure Townsville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.