“Perfect stay, Awesome shower head and pressure .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cascade Motel In Townsville

Save Saved
You added Cascade Motel In Townsville to your Saves list
Cascade Motel In Townsville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Bowen Road | Rosslea, Townsville, Queensland 4812, Australia (Formerly Cascade Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in Townsville
“Perfect stay, Awesome shower head and pressure .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed during the last two days of the V8's, we picked this motor inn by default as everything else in Townsville was booked out, we travel up every year usually just after the V8s but were able to get there early this year. Our normal accommodation which is usually $120 a night was jacked up to $500 a night while the V8's were on so clearly we weren't staying there. I was pleased to find that this Motor inn was not cashing in on the V8's, it was a fabulous quaint little place, very quiet even though On a busy road and the patrons of the V8's were all leaving at the same times every morning. The room was impressively clean with everything we needed for our two night stay before resuming our usual already booked accommodation. Had I known this place was going to be so good I'd have booked my entire 12 day stay here. The shower in this motor inn was amazing, it's not too often I'm not ducking or bending or running about in a shower trying to get wet, but this was an awesome shower full relaxing almost massage pressure shower head at a sensible height. For both myself and my fiancé this was so good it was actually a conversation point for us.. It's the simple pleasures that make somewhere a good stay.
We did not try the restaurant as it was not open on weekends, only running Monday to Friday. However just a short 2 minute walk is an awesome pizza shop, and a Chinese takeaway next door.
The only downfall we had which was room specific i hope was the fridge was very noisy, not noticeable during the day but I'm a light sleeper and it kept me awake most of the first night, but I turned it off and slept brilliantly, I turned it off the second night when I went to bed and had no problems. The beds were very comfortable, clean and provided a very restorative sleep.
Over all I think I'll be booking my accommodation which is usually a minimum of a seven night stay at this Motor Inn. Any person not expecting something for nothing will be happy here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gladstone, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We (2adults 2kids) were visiting Townsville for the V8's & this was one of the few places with rooms available when we booked & was a bargain compared to others that were available. It's now called Cascade Motel in Townsville. All staff we came across were very friendly & helpful. We booked an 'executive family 2 room' - you walked into the large room & there were two single beds, a kitchenette, table & chairs & sofa, then a second room had a king size bed (actually two large singles joined together) - we'd checked out the website & the room was exactly the same as their picture. The bathroom (shower, no bath) was also separate to the toilet. Both main rooms had their own TV & air-con. Kitchenette had a full size fridge, two ring cooktop, microwave & sink. Rooms were clean. Hot water was a bit temperamental but it was never cold (the motel was completely booked out with race-goers & everyone was leaving/arriving at the same time each day so lots of people using the water at the same time). Beds were comfy & we had massive sleep-ins because the block-out curtains were very effective & there was no noise at all. Our room was in the back corner on the first floor (no lifts just up a flight of stairs). Motel has a restaurant & they do room service but we didn't eat there - prices were reasonable though. Kids had a quick swim - it was cold but they enjoyed it. We would definitely stay there again if we were in Townsville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cascade Motel In Townsville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cascade Motel In Townsville

Address: 100 Bowen Road | Rosslea, Townsville, Queensland 4812, Australia (Formerly Cascade Motor Inn)
Location: Australia > Queensland > Townsville
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 39 hotels in Townsville
Hotel Class:3 star — Cascade Motel In Townsville 3*
Standard and Executive Rooms available. 2 Room Family rooms also available. 27 Rooms. 12 Motel style / 5 semi self-contained / 10 spacious 4 star room self-contained, also a fully disabled room spacious and self contained. All units are undercover parking, free Austar, 108cm flat screen television, high speed internet secure wireless and broadband, shaded pool area and bbq area. Restaurant is open Monday to Friday for evening meals and breakfast is available from Monday to Sunday. Room service is available from Monday to Sunday for Breakfast. Close to Hospitals, Army Barracks, Shopping Centres, Townsville Golf Course, Restaurants, Cycle and Walking Tracks around the Ross River. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Cascade Motel In Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Cascade Motel In Townsville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.