“Good. Nice pool and view.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Townsville

You added Holiday Inn Townsville to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Townsville
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   334 Flinders Street, Townsville, Queensland 4810, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Townsville
Canberra, Australia
“Good. Nice pool and view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was given a disabled friendly room which was nice and comfy. Draw back being the shower head and bathroom sink were too short for me but it didn't bother me. Shower curtain doesn't do anything, still got water all over the floor, would of rather a glass door. 7th floor windows don't open but A/C works very quickly, saying this, it was quite dry and it is nice to open a window to let some natural air in. Staff real friendly, pool was nice, views are amazing. Only an easy 15 minute walk to the strand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony so you can open the windows, anything above the 8th floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HITManagement, Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Townsville, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the friendly service that your received from our friendly team during your stay.

At Holiday Inn Townsville we are lucky enough to be within easy walking distance to some of Townsville's popular attractions. I am thrilled that you had an opportunity to take a stroll along the strand waterfront.

I do apologise that you were allocated a disabled room and I appreciate your feedback regarding the shower curtain. It is only our disabled rooms that feature a shower curtain. The remainder of our guests rooms do have the glass door that you mentioned.

I have added a note to your profile to ensure that you will not be allocated a disabled room in the future.

Unfortunately all of our standard rooms are on floors that do not have a balcony. For future bookings may I suggested a Superior room which features a balcony allowing the natural air to flow through.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Townsville between 19 and 23 May. Was up from Melbourne on business.

16th floor room was great, with a wonderful view.

David Brown (Manager) put on a few drinks on the Wednesday which was a nice touch.

All in all a pleasant stay with wonderful friendly, and good humoured staff.

David

Room Tip: Balcony room is excellent for a great view!
Hi davynjayne,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the picturesque view from your own private balcony.

At Holiday Inn Townsville our friendly team are dedicated to providing our guests with a memorable experience. I am pleased that you were happy with the level of service that you received.

Wednesday evening guest drinks was started by our General Manager in February this year. I am elated that this event added a little extra touch to your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We enjoyed a recent 4-night stay at the Holiday Inn in downtown Townsville. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a 10th floor room with a balcony, which was nice but not especially useful (no chairs, e.g.), which provided a small sliver of a view of the ocean. The room was plain but comfortable, though the lighting was very poor and figuring out the light switches was a challenge. There was a very ample breakfast for $19 a person (if paid in advance, $23 if not); lots of choices and eggs could be ordered as you wanted. Centrally located, though it appears the downtown in Townsville is dying. Many empty store fronts and several businesses were having going-out-of-business sales. Not far from many good restaurants on Palmer Street. All in all, a good stay, but don't expect anything spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors with an ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HITManagement, Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Townsville, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent 4 night stay with us.

At Holiday Inn Townsville our team are dedicated to providing a friendly and efficient customer service experience to each of our guests. I am glad that you had a memorable stay as a result of the helpful service that you received.

Our buffet breakfast is quite popular with our guests, with many choosing to upgrade for the discounted rate prior to arrival. With eggs to order and many more breakfast options, our buffet breakfast aims to cater to everyone's tastes. I am pleased that you found your dining experience pleasurable.

The mall as of late has lost quite a few local businesses however there are current projects underway that will see new stores open in the CBD very soon.

I do apologise for the poor lighting in your room. I will pass on your feedback to the Engineering team to investigate.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We visited Townsville to attend an away game for the Roosters. The hotel is ideally located in the centre of town, opposite the Cowboys Leagues club. Staff were friendly and professional, rooms were spacious and clean, request a verandah room to enjoy the views. Great restaurants were found a few hundred metres east, along with bars, nightclubs and strip clubs, worth a look before dining either at the restaurant or at the club. Breakfast and good coffee surround the hotel. If travelling to see footy I recommend joining the club as a "STAR" member, $39 includes seat at game, ($26) as well as $5 return bus to game ($10) plus about 15% off food, drinks and merchandise. I should have sussed this option out before, I would have definitely saved dollars. Hotel was a bit dated but clean and tidy. The air conditioning was temperamental being unable to maintain constant temperature thru the night. I noticed a bulb was blown in the room making it a bit dark at night. The pool was spotless although the wind made swimming not an option. I'd stay here again and recommend Holiday Inn to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a verandah room, higher floor the better, facing Magnetic Is if possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HITManagement, Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Townsville, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Hi Barina61,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that our central location in the Townsville CBD was of convenience to you during your stay. As you mentioned, we are ideally located across from the Cowboys leagues club for all 'footy fan' guests.

At Holiday Inn Townsville we are dedicated to providing a memorable customer service experience to each of our valued guests. I am pleased that you were happy with the friendly and professional service that you received.

Our rooms on floors 10-18 to do boast private balconies, and as you mentioned are surrounded by picturesque views.

I do apologise that you encountered issue with you air conditioning during your stay. The Engineering team has noted the issue from your stay and has rectified the problem.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

An enjoyable stay in the sugar shaker. The hotel was friendly, comfortable and central. The views were as good as the pillows. But be warned, this hotel has the worst mini bar. All the little bottles of booze tasted like shampoo.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback on IHG Guest Reviews. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the 'Sugar Shaker'.

At Holiday Inn Townsville we are lucky enough to be surround by such picturesque views, from Castle Hill to Magnetic Island.

Our signature pillow range is quite popular among our regular guests and can be found in any Holiday Inn hotel across the world. I am please that you were able to have a refreshing night's sleep as a result of these options.

Unfortunately we do not keep a stocked mini bar in the guest rooms. Mini bar items can be ordered at your leisure through room service. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Reception staff vary from bored to extremely helpful, bar staff are very friendly, room service is quick and the food is a high standard (try the salmon - it's a generous portion).

Room 804 was spacious, simply furnished but it's modern and good quality. The shower room is an OK size, most importantly the shower itself is a good size and there are drawers for all your stuff.

Great idea to have an option of 'soft' or 'firm' pillows on the beds, both types clearly marked. Bed linen is crisp and good quality.

Room Tip: Room 804 is a connecting room - without your TV on you can hear your neighbour on the phone etc.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HITManagement, Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Townsville, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Hi Donna,

Thank you for review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

Our friendly team are dedicated to providing a memorable customer service experience to each of our valued guests. I do apologise that during some of your encounters with our team you did not receive the level of service expected of Holiday Inn.

I am glad that you had an opportunity to visit the Shiraz bar and try our delicious room service menu. Thank you for the feedback on your meal.

The spacious guest rooms at Holiday Inn Townsville were designed to ensure that our guests feel comfortable and at home. It is wonderful to know that you appreciated the size of the room and the ample draw space for your own belongings.

The Holiday Inn brand pillow range can be found in all of our properties across the globe. I trust that you were able to enjoy a restful nights sleep as a result of the soft and firm options.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Distribution and Relationship Marketing Exectuve
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Right in the heart of TVL with a great view to boot. Super room with possibly the best pillows in any hotel!!!
They have the best breakfast for a super start to your following day.... You can even make your own pancakes!

• Stayed May 2014
Hi iamcharlie7,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us right in the heart of Townsville.

The Holiday Inn brand 'soft' and 'firm' pillow options are quite popular with our guests. No matter which Holiday Inn you stay in around the world, you will be sure to find these exact pillows. I am pleased that our pillows contributed to your restful nights sleep.

At Holiday Inn Townsville, we pride ourselves on having one of the best buffet breakfasts in Townsville. I am glad that our breakfast helped kick start your day - especially with the make your own pancakes station!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive

Been to Holiday Inn Townsville? Share your experiences!