We booked 3 rooms for a family get together and were very happy with our 3 night stay. The rooms were on different floors (10, 12 & 13) and all were virtually identical with great views. All appeared to be recently renovated, were spotlessly clean and luxuriously appointed. It was a nice touch to have a selection of complimentary snacks provided. (Sweets and pretzels) as well as bottled water and biscuits.
The rooftop pool and surrounds provided a pleasant venue for pre-dinner drinks although it did tend to be a bit exposed to the wind.
The location is very convenient, with a short walk across the historic Victoria Bridge leading to a great selection of restaurants along Palmer Street. Also within walking distance is The Strand and the beautiful foreshore with tropical gardens and views to Magnetic Island.
The only downside might be that there is no on site car parking, but the hotel has an arrangement with a nearby parking station.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Townsville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Townsville Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Click here to view a video of the hotelAt Holiday Inn Townsville, you are in the heart of Townsville's business and shopping district and just a short walk from Townsville's major tourist attractions. Enjoy panoramic views of Magnetic Island and sparkling blue waters of the Coral Sea from the rooftop and be welcomed with a smile and friendly service that's as warm as the Townsville sunshine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.