“Very Disapointed” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days from 5:00pmLunch: Friday & Sunday from 12:00pm - 14:30pmBenny's Hot Wok Cafe and Bar is the ultimate Modern Asian dining experience. As soon as you step into the restaurant you are instantly transported to Asia. Each dish on the menu is cooked using the best seasonal, fresh and local produce, leaving your tastebuds truly satisfied and craving for more.
Magnetic Island, Australia
“Very Disapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

Honestly I've been here many times and found my last experience a total disaster.

The new menu goes a totally different direction on what benny's was & my thoughts were that they have failed miserably.

it's lost me as a customer. I won't be back!

• Visited November 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Townsville, Australia
“Kids chicken and chips were like cardboard!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Unfortunately our family dinner out here was not pleasing at all due to the quality of the food. The venue was lovely, the hostess was really lovely however the food not so good at all!!! It was not at all how I thought the food would be. Bland and nothing to rave about! The kids meals were even worse! Sorry but not a good experiance when it came to the food!

Visited January 2014
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“not as good as it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

we have only moved to Townsville in the last 3 years. previous to this, we would make Benny's a sure stop everytime we visited Townsville, which was about 2 - 3 times a year. Benny's used to have the best service, value for money, and the best food ever. we recommended it to everyone. when we moved here, Benny's was the first stop on the first weekend. we couldn't wait. however, we were bitterly disappointed by the state of the service (the waiter that used to be there was now gone) and the prices had gone up. no problem, we thought, as long as the food tastes as good as ever, we could put up with that. the curry puffs I ordered were really dry and the portion sizes had diminished as well. my husband ordered 'hot' and my young neice could have easily eaten it. we left very disheartened. we have been back a couple of times since, but have noticed that not only the service has gone downhill (they all seem to have no idea of customer service or what it even is) but the quality of food has as well. the prices, however, have not. such a shame, as this was my favourite restaurant ever. now, my corner chinese take away shop has better food at reasonable prices

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Asian Fusion food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

I love this restaurant and desperately wish they had one in Sydney. Being a gluten free family it was heavenly to find gluten free salt & pepper calamari, pork belly and many other favourites made with quality ingredients.

Please do double check with the wait staff that the food you receive is gluten free. Unfortunately a mistake was made on Friday night and the fried rice for our children was not gluten free. It was taken away but our kids had already demolished half of it. This in turn meant we had two very sick vomiting children the next day. I do however understand mistakes happen.

We returned on Sunday night and questioned the rice put on our table was gluten free. The wait staff seemed quite annoyed that we would question this when we had clearly ordered a fully gluten free meal. He went to double check while we held our children back from eating. Fortunately we did double check as we were AGAIN served the non gluten free version.

This has unfortunately tainted our experience at Benny's quite substantially as the impact is dire. I would like to re-iterate how much I love the food, and love the gluten free options available at this restaurant, but please do double check if you have any food allergies.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“Should have listened to them”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

Overheard two ladies discussing Benny's, they both seemed to be local, and their conversation indicated that this was not a great place to visit. As I had been to Benny's many times before, I chose to ignore their conversation. Big mistake!. The Mongolian lamb while tender, was smothered in a sweet sauce, and the duck was so under cooked it needed a chainsaw to tear it from the bones. The San Choy Bow was however superb. Their appeared to be no one in charge for the night, as when I complained about the duck, the waiter just said he would take 50% off the price of it and showed no interest in taking the entire price off the bill, which he should have done as the meal was all but untouched. I doubt that we will be back again

• Visited September 2014