“Very Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have just finished our lunch at Rockpool and left two full plates of food behind!! What a waste!! I ordered the Crumbed Mackeral with chips and salad (Greek) my husband had Battered Mackeral and salad (tomato, onion and basil). The crumb on the fish was soaked in oil and had a very unpleasant taste, the cucumber in my salad could be smelt before it reached my mouth!! Yellowed leaf baby spinach, what more can I say!!! We were very sorry that we didn't visit the very busy fish and chip shop down the road.........Rockpool will not get recommendations from me!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Its a glorified fish and chip shop. We thought it would be a nice restaurant, if we went in with less of an expectation I think we would have been satisfied though. They had no air circulation or fans so eating a hot meal and the room being hot was not enjoyable. I had garlic prawns and the prawns tasted frozen and were not salty and I think they forgot to put the garlic in. My partner had the platter and rated it an average meal also. Would go again but would not expect too much.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Townsville, Australia
“Poolside Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My favourite place in all of Townsville and take any visitors there. Grreat variety of meal types, great service, wonderful view from all tables, and reasonable prices. Parking can be a bit of a problem though at peak times but it is so totally worth it.

Visited May 2012
Raymond Terrace, Australia
“Wedding reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Really good service, plenty of space good quality food produced considering volume of people

Visited October 2011
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“YES YES YES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The restaurant is not great, needs renovating, but the food is awesome. Try the seafood platter. The owners are some great people and they can cook seafood. I never tried the steak, I am sure that is good too. They also have an amazing salad bar. You can just walk in and get a take away very nice salad for only $6. One of my favourite spots. Amazing ocean and Magnetic island views.

Visited March 2012