“OK” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Raintree Motel

Raintree Motel
You added Raintree Motel to your Saves list
Raintree Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   12 Bowen Road, Rosslea, Townsville, Queensland 4810, Australia   |
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Townsville
A TripAdvisor Member
“OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Resonable value for money, older property opposite good Tavern for meals, good parking, air con could do with a clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Arriving off train/bus (a trip which I could not recommend) from Brisbane, I had the good fortune
to be introduced to the Raintree by Jeff a taxi driver - and from the first minute of my 3 day stay I thoroughly enjoyed my accomodation. Not the Ritz, but extremely clean ground level units with abilityto sit outside your front door and soak up tthe sun - plus the opportunity to use the swimming pool and visit a large hotel, 100 yds across the road, for drinks, great food and TAB.
The real bonus of the Raintree was it's very sensible room rate! - complimented by the very best
hosts, Barry and June, you could ever wish for. If in Townsville again the Raintree will be my preference - take my tip, stay here if you can, you won't regret it for a moment!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Much like other reviews: Clean, quiet rear room, bathroom requirements provided + hairdryer, plenty cupboard space, iron/board, plenty beverage reqirements with carton(s) fresh milk. Basic pool. Coles + liquor outlet + Subway over road & a georgous 'Sixties' boutique clothing store & alluring 'lolly' shop. Could not fault this place for midrange tourist price. Yes...a little bit of former 'wet' damage showing around corner skirting board; and loo pressure needed a bit of help once; but shower lovely and hot; nice thick towels. Visiting family we cannot comment on food. Daytime taxi fare from railway to motel was $11.50; night taxi from Idalia to motel was $17. We slept OK on a tourist-range mattress. There was no garden ambiance - OK for our 'sleep-only' requirements. My best tick is that place was very clean + with plenty of tea/coffee/sugar sachets and a small carton of milk for each day's stay - a small item but important to me. I just hate when there isn't enough sugar or milk. So yes, I'd happily go again as a place to bed-down. The place was well patronised on our visit.

Room Tip: Our room 14 was at rear so we had no traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Staff great & very helpfull rooms great value & clean also has pay TV shampoo,shower cap , tea coffee & milk included for a real great rate also across the road from a Coles shoping Center & surprisingly quiet

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

Great managers,clean rooms,excellent facilities and just over the road from a supermarket, and the Rising Sun tavern which has a terrific bistro with great meals.The Raintree is on busy Bowen Road but it's surprisingly very quiet even inside the car park courtyard area. We stayed two nights,a week apart and had different rooms on both occasions.The first time we were upstairs and the second down in the courtyard area.Both rooms were excellent.,although the downstairs room had a stocked minibar which was handy.You can also purchase drinks from the manager at reasonable prices,cheaper than you would expect to pay at other venues,for example I bought two Tooheys New stubbies at the motel for $4.50 each and the next day at the Townsville Airport waiting lounge I paid for one Tooheys New stubby for $7.00.So the Raintree managers' aren't out to rip anyone off,just give good service.Another thing I've noticed too is that their rates seem to be always consistent,not spiking for busy weekends,school holidays and the like.Location is terrific,rooms are cleaner than your home and the service is friendly.Recommended.

• Stayed August 2011
Geraldton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This motel is excellent value for money - I would return again.

My room was very clean, basically but tastefully furnished and had everything that I could need for a short stay. Both the room and bathroom were spacious.

The bed was was comfortable, the linen was of good quality, as were the toiletries. There were plenty of extra pillows and blankets. The minibar was well-stocked and reasonably priced. There were wine and water glasses, and teacups and mugs (often you get only one or the other at a motel). The milk was fresh, not tiny UHT sachets.

Facilities that I did not expect in the room included a hairdryer, a clean iron and an ironing board, and a microwave. There were plenty of extra powerpoints for my computer, modem and phone charger without having to disconnect the microwave or kettle.

The furniture was comfortable, and the desk was big enough to spread out my laptop, books and study materials (I was in Townsville for a course which involved a lot of study and revision each night).

The managers were extremely kind and helpful. They helped me track down a missing Australia Post parcel that contained my course workbooks, and came to my room to check that I was OK at my husband's request - I'd had a bit of a mid-course meltdown on the phone to him at home in WA.

There is a taxi rank right across the road from the motel, so cabs were often waiting or arrived very quickly when ordered. There is a Coles supermarket and a decent-sized shopping centre accross the road as well. The motel is about ten minutes by cab from Townsville Hospital, and about ten minutes from the airport.

I could not fault my stay at the Raintree - the managers were wonderful and the room was the cleanest and best equipped that I've seen in a motel.

This review comes with my highest recommendation and thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011 via mobile

Overall, an extremely poorly run establishment. Random patrons were given access to our room without our permission. Noise complaints were made about our room despite us not being there. Despite the room being for three and the booking for two, the manager refused to add the extra person to the room and kicked them out in the middle of the night.

Oh, and the place is a dump.

• Stayed April 2011
woody018, Owner at Raintree Motel, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
I remember this room vividly. The first complaint call came at about 10pm and guests continued to complain all night. It wasn't just the one room there were 3 rooms in a row here for the Move and Grove concert, so there were varying complaints about each room. I was up several times telling them to quieten down.
The room in question paid for 2 people to sleep there and 5 stayed the first night. So to try and nip the noise factor in the bud, I rang the lady that booked the room and left a message, she called me back. I explained the overcrowding problem from the night before, she said no problem there will only be 2 people staying there that night. I said due to the noise complaints the previous night, any more than 2 paying guests would not be tolerated.
That night about midnight I notice the 2 paying guests arrive home by themselves. Then about 15 minutes later I notice 2 young men creeping around corners going to the room in question. I confronted them and told them to get off the premises as they didn't have a booking. This is when they wanted to pay extra. I tried to explain it was to late at that stage, when the office is closed and when you get caught to pay extra. They had been warned earlier that day.
In Townsville there is a company set up for people who don't do the right thing and their details are kept on a database so hopefully next time these people try and book a motel in Townsville they will be refused and will have to sleep in their car as they say they would like

Been to Raintree Motel? Share your experiences!