“Fantastic night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Cnr Cavill Ave & Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia
+61 7 5539 9377
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Once again had to visit our favourite destination on Gold Coast.
Had a good couple days drinking at bar and one evening for dinner.
Always relaxing and will go back again next time.Dan was good value behind the bar and quick with the beer.Food was good and priced accordingly.
Only gripe was when told to sit where we didn't want to when joint was empty Saturday arvo.
Also why do they smother fries in salt. I like to salt my own fries to taste.
All in all I will be back again to have my burger served perfectly.
My son had chicken Parmer and loved it.
Mrs had pulled pork sandwich and couldn't eat it all.
Visit 8 out of 10
Also you need to repair lights on guitar on roof.Not a good look from street.
Our visit was March 6-7-8

Visited March 2014
steve w, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear David M.
Thanks for your review David.So glad you had a fantastic night.I will pass on your comments to Dan in the Bar.
We are reviewing our salting techniques as I write this but please in the future ask your server to have your fries unsalted-no problem.
As far as the fluros out in the Guitar is concerned the Tram works are taking precedence at the moment and road closures and cranes are what is required to complete the task.
I cant wait for the Guitar to be restored to its illuminated glory.

• Indonesian first
“Rae was absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We came down to hard rock for the final night of our honeymoon and were blessed to meet the amazing rea our waitress for the night. All I can say is her service and personality make you want to come back. Also great food
Thanks for a wonderful experience rae we hope to be served by you again in the future :)

steve w, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Abby C
Thank you so much for the awesome review on our 'much loved' Raechel.
She will be chuffed to hear how you loved her service and I'm sure she would be only to happy to serve you again.
Rock On!
“Horrible food, good service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to HRC yesterday afternoon around 4:30pm. Staff was great from the moment we stepped in, very friendly and attentive.

We ordered the combo starter, which was great and made us think the mains were going to be great as well. Unfortunantly we were wrong.

My kids got the chicken strip meals, which they didn't eat. I tried their chicken and chips, so salty no wonder they didn't want it.

I ordered the mushroom and swiss burger and my husband got the hickory bbq burger (can't remember the exact name) and neither of us finished them they and the chips were SO salty like you were sucking on a salt shaker. My husband never leaves food on his plate!

My dad had the new york strip steak. He was VERY disappointed. It was so full of sinue that he couldn't even eat half of it so what a waste of money for him. He told our waitress who appologized and said she'd let the chef know. My dad was angry because at any other restaurant the chef would come out and appologize himself at the very least. He spent $40 on half a steak and vegetables and nobody did anything to make sure he was happy with his food after telling them it was the worst steak he'd ever had.

Will NOT EVER come back. What a disappointment especially when we were first excited to go there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
steve w, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear nixvm,
I was quite shocked when I read your review and to be truthful a little annoyed.
My annoyance stems from the fact that your complainant was not handled correctly and I am in the process of investigating how it came to this.
Please accept my apologies as I will be liaising with the Chef and the server concerned as to why this happened.If you can email me at surfers_ops@hardrockcafe.com.au so I can respond to you more discreetly.
Warm Regards
Steve W.
Brisbane, Australia
“The wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

On the footpath outside the Hard Rock Cafe in Surfers Paradise I had a fall. The council is putting up a Light Rail system and the footpath was uneven, covered with fake grass matting that was split and bunched up. I twisted my ankle and skinned my elbow, wrist and knee. Upon entering the restaurant the girls at the desk immediately came to my assistance. They cleaned my wounds and put bandaids on and got me an ice pack for my foot. Then they set up a special chair for my foot, so I could keep it elevated while eating. Hayley (our waitress) was oustanding. She was very caring and my the whole experience much better. The meal was lovely (as always) and I would like to thank the staff for all their help. I have approached the Gold Coast City Council about the footpath issues, only to be told it was the Light Rail people that are responsible and to fill out a 34 page form if I want to complain! Epic fail G.C.C.C but great work Hard Rock Cafe staff :) Josie

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
steve w, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Bubba 162
It was sad to hear about your fall outside our café.I hope you are now on the mend and your leg is better.
What was uplifting was the way our staff rallied around you and tried to make a bad situation better.
I have spoken to the staff concerned and have recommended that they be rewarded for their efforts of going beyond the call of duty.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Gold Coast, Australia
“Great staff, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My date and I went here for a meal tonight! Had a short 10 minute wait for a table. (Actually expected longer for a Saturday night) the staff were so friendly, kicking myself for not getting our waitress's name so I could give her a good wrap. But she was wonderful with helping us out ordering a vegetarian meal, swinging by to check if all was going well etc. Great attitude. And the big bloke that walks around singing like he's home alone! Awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere there. And the food was awesome! At first you think ooohh pricey, but once you see the meal you understand why. Fresh, good quality ingredients and put together so well.. fantastic kitchen and wait staff! Ill be back!

steve w, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear b3ck27
Thank you for your awesome review .Your kind remarks about our servers and are 'singing treasure' 'Rock'! was great.
We would love to see you and your friends back again soon!