“Enjoyable buffet dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Winds Revolving Restaurant

Four Winds Revolving Restaurant
2807 Gold Coast Hwy | Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia
+61 7 5592 9907
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Locals and visitors alike are magnetized to the this unique multisensory dining experience, with its combination of captivating views, eclectic flavor driven menu and warm service.As Queensland's only revolving restaurant; commanding views across the Pacific Ocean, Gold Coast city and hinterland await. By night the vista transforms into a carpet of lights along the coastline as far as the eye can see. The menu commands the same attention and is winning ardent fans with its sumptuous buffet menu of fresh seafood, hot dishes derived from flavours from around the world and decadent desserts. Complimenting these flavours in an extensive wine and cocktail menu.Four Winds 360° is open for lunch (12:00 - 2:30pm), sunset dining (5:30 - 7:30pm) and candlelight dining (8:00 - 10:00pm) 7 days a week and breakfast on Sundays only (7:00 - 10:00am)Four Winds 360° rotate your senses.
“Enjoyable buffet dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We came here for dinner (2nd seating - candlelight) in January with family visiting from overseas. Obviously since the sun had already set, it was dark so there wasn't much of a view outside the windows, but it was still nice to sit by candlelight.

The buffet had a mix of western and asian food which was great. We especially enjoyed the fresh seafood spread of oysters, prawns and crabs. The hot entrees and mains were also pretty decent. Desserts were average but we were very full by then anyway.

Most importantly, my family enjoyed their dinner here and there were no regrets.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stanley H, Manager at Four Winds Revolving Restaurant, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hi vse1128,

I was happy to read your recent review of Four Winds Revolving Restaurant and glad that your family enjoyed their dining experience with us.

We hope to have you dine with us again soon.

“Revolving/revolving restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Wow, where to begin...? The almost off seafood, the lack of a coherent menu selection, the poor selection of gluten free food, sweets on par with the local RSL, or the $75 price-tag for this dining farce!

As someone with specific dietary requirements (gluten intolerance) I did a quick read-through of the menu prior to booking and found that there was sufficient choice, primarily fresh seafood, for me to enjoy. The reality of the "fresh" seafood last night was king prawns with an unmistakable iodine smell, Balmain bugs with black stains on the flesh and dried out crab. Not wanting to risk the seafood, I thought I'd try the hot buffet. I was treated to a gluten free selection of steamed vegetables in butter, or some gluggy looking rice. I did manage to have a word with one of the chefs who confirmed that none of the wet dishes were gluten free. So after my steamed veg I hit the dessert section which had pavlova or creme caramel as my selection of gluten free faire (both of which looked like pre-fab rubbish).

I could go on, but don't want to venture into rant territory. Save your money, save your stomach.

PS: Having been a Chef since 1989 I feel I can comment with some authority.

Hi David P,

I was shocked to read your recent review of Four Winds Revolving Restaurant especially about the Freshness of the Seafood. Our chefs pride themselves in the Freshness of their seafood and will be horrified about your comments and will be something we bring up with the suppliers. All our seafood is brought in fresh each day as we are such a high turnover restaurant we never have any Seafood left at the end of the night. So for it to not be fresh is very puzzling and we will do some investigation.
Also our desserts is something we get constant positive reviews for. Second only to the fresh Seafood. Yes a lot of our deserts are made off site by a local supplier who delivers them fresh to us each morning however we are extremely proud of his quality and majority of our guests rave about them. I'm sorry to hear you don't have the same opinion.
Brisbane, Australia
“Family Visit - Dining Wonderland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family and I are frequent visitors to the Four Winds restaurant however on this occasion my Mother-in-law was visiting from overseas, making this an even more special event. We had been to several restaurants during her visit though none with as spectacular a view as The Four Winds. Knowing her appreciation for beautiful scenery, this was a perfect choice like no other. Of course the food was plentiful in both proportion and variety, elegantly presented and simply delicious. One of the integral components for me is the excellent service from the staff who are exceptionally friendly, courteous and provide a genuine feeling of warmth which I have not seen replicated in any other restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Hi Thomas B,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent experience at Four Winds Revolving Restaurant.

I will pass on your comments about the food to the chefs as they will be very pleased you enjoyed your food. They have a lot of pride in what they produce for their customers.

Also I agree with you that our staff give the best service and I am very proud of their abilities. I am glad that you think so too.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Dinner out with my husband”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We really enjoyed the beautiful food here at the revolving restaurant, as locals who don' t go out very often we found this occasion to be very special. The food was exceptionally nice far greater than at Ashmore Steak & Seafood which has really gone down hill in their seafood. Best oysters & prawns I have tasted for a while. Staff were really nice & not on top of you like in some high class restaurants. The view was amazing to watch while eating our dinner

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Hi Lorraine F,

It was very pleasing to read your recent review of Four Winds Revolving Restaurant.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the Seafood as we take the freshness of our seafood very serious and only buy the best from our suppliers. As a local your support is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you back again sometime soon.
Broadbeach, Australia
“Four Winds For Our Valentine, Good Food, Great Company, Wonderful Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Look forward enjoying the Four Winds Revolving Restaurant at noon sharp this coming 14 February 2013, like we have for the past 19 years for any happy family and friends' occassion to celebrate, together with our friends from Germany, Weilheim a lovely senior couple who come here every year and our other local german friends, another couple, also very nice and happy people, one of them a wonderful 86yr old lady will eat a dish with solely 30 prawns ONLY, cannot be tempted with anything else of the delicious food array, and we are still hoping to sway her to try something 'different' though, so we keep trying! Her husband treated us last time on 3 bottles of wine, for his 86th birthday in may last year, and when they went recently they mentioned how they appreciated being charged only as one adult and one child, lol! Anyhow i had better ring reception to let them know, there are four more people coming, these wonderful happy go lucky friends of us, as i have only booked for two lovebirds, being my darling husband of 24 years, and me! Six Valentines Comin' Up, giddyup!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Hedy H,

It was a pleasure to read your review with all your enthusiasm for our restaurant.
We look forward to having you dine with us again.

Thank you for giving the time to share how much you love our restaurant.