“Excellent place to show visitors Gold Coast panorama;very average food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Winds Revolving Restaurant

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Locals and visitors alike are magnetized to the this unique multisensory dining experience, with its combination of captivating views, eclectic flavor driven menu and warm service.As Queensland's only revolving restaurant; commanding views across the Pacific Ocean, Gold Coast city and hinterland await. By night the vista transforms into a carpet of lights along the coastline as far as the eye can see. The menu commands the same attention and is winning ardent fans with its sumptuous buffet menu of fresh seafood, hot dishes derived from flavours from around the world and decadent desserts. Complimenting these flavours in an extensive wine and cocktail menu.Four Winds 360° is open for lunch (12:00 - 2:30pm), sunset dining (5:30 - 7:30pm) and candlelight dining (8:00 - 10:00pm) 7 days a week and breakfast on Sundays only (7:00 - 10:00am)Four Winds 360° rotate your senses.
Australia
“Excellent place to show visitors Gold Coast panorama;very average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The very good rating I have given reflects the view, not the food.

I took an overseas visitor there for lunch last Sunday .This was his first glimpse of the Gold coast and it gives an impressive overview.It was also his first experience of a revolving restaurant.

Unfortunately the experience is let down by the food which is only average and it is quite expensive ($57 for Sunday lunch).The main reason I go there is to show a visitor the view.I would only go if the weather is fine and I recommend lunchtime.You can admire the view from noon until 2:30.The night view is not so good because the ocean and mountains are in darkness.

Sunday breakfast would be a cheaper option (<$30) but I can't get myself there by 8am!

It took just over an hour to do a full rotation.It seemed faster than the previous time I had been.It was a little too fast for my liking and one of our members had motion sickness.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Terrible, please don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have been multiple times and this has gone so far downhill in the past 3 years that i think it's underground now...(BAD).

The ONLY good thing about this restaurant was the view - we went to the sunset/first sitting and that was nice.

Bad things to note:
-frozen prawns and oysters
-not a lot of choice on the salad bar - there used to be more.
-budget cuts of meat used for the other dishes - roast that was very unpalatable - tough with sinew all through it
-the vegetables tasted like they were yesterdays they had been cooked for so long.
-food was not topped up enough for such a busy night
-terrible service: They would take away finger and refuse bowls and not return them as if to say "enough".

Worst part is that we left feeling ripped off and we only paid 50% of the price everyone else did due to a rewards program. Please consider other dining options on the coast.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“Go there for 1st session to see sunset & night view. Just for experience, don't expect too much.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

I was at the four winds revolving for my husband birthday. This restaurant is located the top of crown plaza hotel in Gold Coast and turning 360 c° while having a dinner to see panoramic view.

The food cost $65pppp on Sunday. It was Asian buffet. I was rather surprise that they offer buffet. If you pay $65pp, I kind of thought we get course menu. Don't get me wrong, I love Asian food. But the restaurant atmosphere and the price does not much the Asian theme.

The services is average. Although one of the staff organized to sing birthday song among brought a cake for my husband was nice.

Overall go for experience, but if I go again?...not sure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“WINE AND DINE WHILST SEEING THE WHOLE OF THE GOLD COAST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Yes, this is a terrific restaurant. It is however, a buffet and a little bit expensive, but worth while dining there for lunch or dinner, whilst you slowly turn in a 360 circle. You can either have just the buffet, or buffet and desert. Staff are fairly polite, but dont put your handbag or camera on the ledge next to you, as it will go around as the restaurant revolves. Yep been there done that.

Bunbury, Australia
“Save room for dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We went to the 8 - 10pm sitting and kind of regretted we hadn't got ourselves ready earlier for the 530 sitting mainly because by 8 o'clock it's dark and you don't get the full effect of the views.
For $62 per person it's great value if you love seafood...which 3 out of our party of 4 did. We overdosed on the prawns, oysters, calamari and bugs for the first hour before moving onto mains. Our non-seafood lover was happy enough with the alternative range of entrees - but probably not as happy as we were.
The mains are ok - there's a great range of options, from roasts to curries to stir-fries but by then we'd seen the dessert choices and decided to go light on main and skip straight to dessert. There was a bit of everything - ice-cream to mousses to cheesecakes amd various pastries.
The only downside is the strict eating times. I'd have been happy to sit there a bit longer and let my food digest but we'd reached our 2 hour limit. Also no-one asked us if we wanted tea or coffee... which would have been great.
The wine and beer list were fine - nothing outstanding but offered a good range of drinks at fairly reasonable prices. The service was good - plates were cleared fast and bowls replaced quickly. I'd definitely go again - but to the earlier sitting... or even lunch?

• Visited February 2012