“Worth every cent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Centre Apartments

Save Saved
You added Paradise Centre Apartments to your Saves list
Paradise Centre Apartments
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3 Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly BreakFree)   |
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
London, United Kingdom
“Worth every cent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The apartment was excellent, was concerned when first arrived with the building works but after going up to the apartment there was no issue, we will defiantly go back there. The staff are very helpful and friendly, secure parking which is great because you really do not need your car as everything you want and need is right there, looking forward to our next break.

• Stayed July 2014
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Rionne J

It was pleasing to read, even though the frontage is currently being refurbished, you found the measure we have in place, were at no issue at all.

We do strive to provide the WOW factor and by the sounds of your review, it was pleasing to see we had achieved our goal, as well as we were able to contribute to what sounds like a wonderful and everlasting memory of Gold Coast.

Rionne, Once again, I do personally thank you for taking the time for your feedback and I trust it won’t be too long before we welcome you back to Paradise Centre Apartments.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I recently stayed at Paradise Centre Apartments with my family in a 2 bedroom unit (9th floor) in the Ballah Tower. I was a little nervous when making this booking due to the negative reviews of some people on this website but our stay was positive, I would stay here again when visiting the Gold Coast without hesitation.
The apartments are well worn, but clean with all the necessities; kitchen equipped for self catering, laundry facilities and full sized fridge. No WiFi. The exterior is very well maintained and more modern. The facilities are excellent, sauna, gym, BBQ area, spa and outdoor heated swimming pools, all very well maintained. When you are sitting on your balcony enjoying that first cup of tea and views in the morning, you won't worry that the carpet and furnishings are a bit dated. It is perfectly situated just a short elevator ride with direct access to the local shopping centre (shops such as Woolworths, Factorie, and places like Timezone and Ten Pin Bowling), Cavill Ave and only moments to the beach. The reception staff were very knowledgable and helpful.
There are renovations currently taking place which did make initially finding the entrance/reception difficult and there was some noise fro the construction work. I did not experience any noise from Cavill Ave except for on State-of-Origin night (who wouldn't hear a bunch of excited Queenslanders!!).
Overall I was very happy with the standard of accommodation, facilities and value for money. I would stay here again and would be comfortable recommending these apartments to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Danelle C

After reading your review, I appreciate you had made taken the time to read Paradise Centre Apartments reviews on this site. Based on these reviews (both negative and positive), I thank you for deciding to stay with us.

It was also pleasing to read, even though the frontage is currently being refurbished, you found the measure we have in place had only slightly hinder your stay with us.

Even though the apartment you had booked was not an Executive Apartment. It was pleasing to read you still found the apartment, comfortable, clean, and with all of the necessities to make your stay with us enjoyable, especially with that first cup of tea on the balcony.

I do concur our Non-Executive apartments could do with updating, which is why our apartment refurbishment program to Executive apartment is continuously on going. For those reading this review you will find our Executive apartments are refurbished to modern Executive style apartment, and are well worth the extra coast.

Danelle, Once again, I do personally thank you for taking the time for your feedback and I trust it won’t be too long before we welcome you back to Paradise Centre Apartments.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Accidentally burnt some butter which set off fire alarm. Immediately called reception to say false alarm-no fire but told that fire department were automatically called and could not be cancelled. Ended up with paying over $1100.00 Australian for the callout. Apparently it was in the fine print when you check in that they have the right to charge the callout to the customer despite the Queensland Fire Department discouraging Apartment owners from passing this charge on to tourists. Our discussions with management over this incident were unsatisfactory.
Construction work was also going on at the front of the building making it very difficult to locate the actual entrance to reception. We were assured there would be no noise from the construction work but there was still some rumbling noise.
Would definitely never stay here again and would strongly not recommend these apartments

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Andrew

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartments.

As we have been in communication directly with you regarding the matters outlined in your review, please feel free to contact us directly if you require any further clarification.

I do hope you have a change of mind and we may be able to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Warmest regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I rarely give any compliments to any resorts or hotels on TA but i think Paradise Centre really deserve a big one here. To be honest, my family and I will only be checking- in this September but Paradise Centre has started to impress me already. They are forever helpful and quick to respond to any queries that i have emailed them thus far and
I am sure my stay there will be a wonderful experience. Can't wait.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear sy1188

It was pleasing to read that you have experience one of our belief, that is, our guest experience just doesn’t starts from when you arrive at Paradise Centre Apartments, our guest experience starts from when they make first contact with us and continues right through past their departure.

After reading your review, I appreciate and acknowledge you rarely give any compliments as well as, I thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Paradise Centre Apartments trip advisor page.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family in September

Steve Bickerton - Front Office Manager
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am glad I did not listen to the negative reviews of some people on this website. I stayed at Paradise Centre Apartments in a 2 bedroom Unit in the Ballah Tower. Perfectly suited to the beach, shopping centre and the mall. No hire car needed, tour desks readily available. The staff were very accommodating. There are renovations currently taking place but the safety of
guests was paramount at all times. The apartment was extremely clean on arrival and we appreciated the starter pack of tea and coffee to get us started. I had concerns about the noise level from the mall but we did not experience any. We appreciated the 16th floor view over the water and a nice roomy balcony to enjoy that first cup of coffee in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Patricia F

It was also pleasing to read, even though the frontage is currently being refurbished, you found the measure in place was paramount to your safety and didn’t hinder your stay with us.

We strive to provide our guest with the WOW factor and it was pleasing to read we were able to assist not only in providing a wonderful experience, that we were memorable part of your holiday on the Gold Coast.

Steve Bickerton - Front Office Manager
Rotorua, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We loved it. We stayed two nights and decided to stay another two nights. We had to move but that wasn't a problem. Fabulous pool gym etc . my only complaint which I would have given a excellent was customer service. When I rang to stay another two nights I was given a price and I said that I will check air tickets and come back to her. I rang back and said I will come down with credit card and she said that's fine. When I got downstairs she tried to increase the price. This is why its gone to a very good. I shouldn't have had to get into what was heading towards a heated discussion. That was poor customer service so hopefully in the future prices will be honoured. I did get the original price but would have been nice not to have gone through it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Fiona K, thank you for your contribution from your recent stay, at Paradise Centre Apartments

It is pleasing to read how your review describes a true reflection of what Paradise Centre apartments has to offer, as well as the pride, passion and effort the team put in, to ensure we deliver the WOW factor for our guest.

It is also pleasing to read your comment that you love it so much that you decided to stay an extra couple nights.

Based on your comments I do recall this matter quite well. On this day, from the time after your initial enquiry, until your return, we had experienced an extremely high volume of bookings come in for the dates of your extension enquiry. Thus leaving only one room left by the time of your return later that day. As a result of this influx of bookings, the original discount tariff quoted earlier, was no longer available upon you return.

As with any Hotel business in such a situation the prices are increased higher depending upon occupancy/ demand. I can see by the time you had got back to us, even though the original discounted tariff quoted was no longer available (due to influx of reservations, prior to your return), we did acknowledge the change in the tariff and offered a heavy reduced rate from the revised tariff that was available, upon your return.

Once again Fiona K, I do personally thank you for feedback and I trust it won’t be too long before we welcome you back to Paradise centre Apartments, for that extended holiday.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in June 2014 in #1303 - a 1 bedroom apartment in Allunga tower.

I was a bit disappointed in our room because it wasn't to the same high standard of other Mantra properties we've stayed at (and our friends were staying at Mantra on Cavill, which was luxury). The bedroom, dining room and lounge were good with modern furnishings and carpet. The bedroom was quite small but the bay windows made it feel bigger and the apartment was clean. We also appreciated the washing machine and dryer.

Unfortunately the bathroom and kitchen were very tired and in desperate need of a reno. We could never get the shower to a perfect temperature and my poor 6'2" husband was almost touching the roof with his head in the pokey bath/shower combo.The dishwasher was from 1980 and a lovely shade of discoloured yellow but they only gave us enough powder for 2 cycles so we had to hand wash the dishes most days, which defeats the purpose of the dishwasher to begin with. The air conditioning unit in the hallway cupboard was the size of a Jukebox and an even further throwback to the 1960's.

However, the staff were friendly and the biggest thing going for this property is its location and views. I loved eating breakfast on our balcony looking out to sea, and being able get to Cavill Ave directly from the tower via the below shopping centre.

It was a lot quieter than we were expecting, which was a pleasant surprise.

Using a food analogy, it's certainly no fancy degustation but if simple comfort pub food is all you're after, this property will suffice. Overall, I'd go back for the view and location but with lowered expectations next time.

Room Tip: Avoid room 1303 until they renovate the kitchen and bathroom
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Renae

I thank you for your time for raising your concerns of the apartment during your recent stay with us at the Paradise Centre Apartments, on the Gold Coast.

We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations.

We've noted your comments regarding the apartment and have on forwarded them to the attention of the apartment owner.

We are currently half way through an apartment renovation program, where by the apartments are extensively refurbished to a modern Executive Style Apartment.

I see from our records when your reservation was made with us, the accommodation type that was booked on your behalf was in our 1 Bedroom (non-executive) apartment. I trust that it was brought to your attention there were 2 different tariffs to choose from, being 1 Bedroom Executive Apartment and 1 Bedroom Apartment.

I trust for those reading this review, you’ll see from other TripAdvisor recommendations, our Executive apartments are well worth the extra cost.

Once again Renae, I do personally thank you for feedback and I trust it won’t be too long before we welcome you back to one of our Executive apartments at Paradise Centre Apartments,

Yours Sincerely

Paradise Centre Apartment

Been to Paradise Centre Apartments? Share your experiences!