“LOCATION, LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Centre Apartments

Save Saved
You added Paradise Centre Apartments to your Saves list
Paradise Centre Apartments
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3 Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly BreakFree)   |
Ranked #19 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
AUSTRALIA
“LOCATION, LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Paradise Centre Apartments 3 times and will be returning next year to stay for 2 weeks to celebrate 2 special occasions. We have researched a number of other properties in Surfers Paradise but find it difficult to better what this location offers. We have always stayed in the Alunga Building and no lower than the 16th floor, you can't beat the view - also:
1. Private access to the Shopping Centre.
2. Supermarket is located with the Centre, its a Woolworths that has all you need.
3. The beach is across the road.
4. You are in the middle of Surfers and Cavill Avenue.
5. Perfect location for kids with the bowling alley and Time Zone.
6. It has 2 outside, heated pools, spas, tennis courts and BBQ area.
7. If you feeling a bit crazy they also have a fitness centre, but with all the walking and activities - that is more than enough exercise.
8. Some of the best eateries are on your door step, getting around is easy with buses, taxis, hire a car or a bike etc....
All of which is easily accessed from the Paradise Centre, the rooms have been renovated, and to be honest were in need of it - they are really comfortable, clean and spacious with all the amenities in the apartment you would need and I would always recommend these apartments, worth the price (which is reasonable) and the staff have always been more than friendly and helpful. I would only have one issue, and this I find with all accommodation, when making a request - it can't be guaranteed - that is the only obstacle to our holiday next year as we have (due a family member) specific requirements and we are going to request a particular room, if we can't get that room then we will have to rethink our holiday.

Room Tip: If you definitely want a view, as for a high floor - also, ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear, Becca1411

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our location, with easy access to everything you needed to make your holiday enjoyable.

I also appreciate your comments especially of our refurbished apartments and great amenities.

I would also like to announce from April of this year we had introduce a Execuitve tariff for our 1 and 2 bedroom executive apartments, so our guest to guarantee an refurbished apartment.

These apartments have been recently refurbished to an executive style apartment.

I glad to read you found us friendly and valuable part in helping you in having wonderful everlasting memories not only of the Gold Coast, but the memory of visiting Surfers Paradise

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My paretner and I stayed in the Ballah hotel of Paradise Centre Apparentments and were wowed when we walked into our room. Before had we had read reviews and decided we would call and request a "high level" "renovated room" and we got that! Third highest floor from the top, amazing view over the city, and the beach. The room was extremely clean, smelt fresh and was really welcoming. Foxtel and direct phone calls to taxis and food delivery's. Where the actually hotel is located could not have been more perfect for us! As we are in our early twentys and did want to experience the night life. Being ontop of timezone was an added bonus, when the elevator stopped inside of there. So easy to quickly drop down to Woolworths or any kind of shopping. About a 5 minute walk (or less) to the main surfers paradise bus stop. We had a late flight and didnt get in until around 8, reception was open until 10. an had a late flight leaving, which was fine because after checking out they allow you to keep your cases in a room behind reception. It made our stay on the Gold Coast even better. Great service, and would love to thank all the staff there!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear, Emilymedhurst

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I also appreciate your comments about our apartments and great amenities being the best.

I'm glad to read you found us friendly and valuable part in helping you in having wonderful everlasting memories not only of the Gold Coast, but the memory of visiting Surfers Paradise

Fredrikstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Situated in the Ballah apartment complex, the loaction is perfect is you like a central stay in Surfers Paradise. Our 110 square meter apartment had a tumble drier, washing machine, two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a spacious living room and a lot of room for storage.
Outside we overlooked the great pool area, whick consisted of a small and a large pool + a jacuzzi. There was also a tennis court there. Great place to stay if you are tired of the beach.

There was a Woolwborths directly underneath and other shops as well. Outside the building you fing the main street with loads of shopping and restaurants. The beach is just a hundre meters walk away. Here you enter through the famous "Surfers Paradise" entrance.

The couch was a bit worn, and the same goes with the furniture. Beds were average.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Just had to talk to them when we checked in and out, as we had a pleasant stay. Can easily recommend Paradise Centre Apartments.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear, Martinspurs

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay with us and happy to hear that you found our location the best, with easy access to everything you needed to make your holiday enjoyable, especially our great amenities.

I also appreciate your comments on how you found the apartment and I would appreciate if you would be so kind to contact myself to discuss.

I was also pleased to read you found us friendly and valuable part in helping you to create everlasting wonderful memories, not only of the Gold Coast, but your memory of visiting the world famous Surfers Paradise Beach via the amazing Surfers Paradise Arch.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great place to stay. We had a low level apartment which suited our needs perfectly. We could even see the water even though it wasn't a beach view room. The pools were perfect for our little kids, the kids pool being 0.4m deep was deep enough for them to play in but not get into any trouble. The location was the best with easy access to everything including a supermarket. Only things I would change : 1. the couch in our apartment was terrible (one of the seats had broken springs) 2. The apartments aren't serviced except for stays over 8 days, they need to provide a few more towels and cleaning items for this length of stay, however when we asked for additional items they were provided very quickly. 3. The roll away bed was provided without sheets! However it was lovely and would definately chose to stay at this place again without any hestiation.

Room Tip: Sand from the beach gets everywhere. We had a room with a tiled floor which definately helped with...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear, Geraldine F

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay with us, I am happy to hear that you found our location is the best with easy access to everything you needed to make your family holiday enjoyable, especially our great amenities and toddlers pool,

Once again, thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Looked at some reviews beforehand so hesitant about rooms but no fear as all was excellent.
We did request a lower floor as with two small children did not want to be up too high but don't think that registered as we where on 29th out of 30 floors! Otherwise could not fault, perfect for needs with a spare bed for our little one also without needing to be requested! Clean bedrooms and kitchen, pool perfect for 2 small kids and never overly full, always had choice of beds even as late as 9am! Close to all bars, restaurants and other amenities superb!

• Stayed April 2013
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear, Chambo66

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartments, I am happy to hear that you found our units to be spacious, clean with great amenities, especially the nearby shops and pool area,

It was also pleasing to read your family enjoyed their stay with us.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future

Gladstone, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off I would like to thank the helpful staff I delt with, Kate and Sharon. They helped us out in a timely and friendly matter with our needs. The outside areas of the resort is lovely the pools clean and the gardens beautiful. I told the gardener on day he was doing a great job. The location is also one of the best on the coast with Woolworths directly underneath with lots of other shops and too many fast food outlets and restuarants to name. There is a large Timezone centre and bowling alley under it also so plenty to do if it rains. (pick up gold coast brochure booklets from the information booths to get vouchers for lots of things like two for one etc).
Now for the bad our first room was 1204 in the Allunga building. The view was nice and the apartment large and spacious but very dated with large cracks in the wall and 1970's furniture with cracks and stains. The tvs are all updated thank goodness and there is foxtel in every room. The kitchen was old and was the appliances. The fridge had broken shelves and no microwave dishes only basic cutlery etc. The bathroom and ensuite were directly from the 70's with dark brown safety glass with the wire squares through it and the ensuite shower door was off tracks. Worst of all and the reason we requested another room after only 1/2h in it was when my daughter dropped her game down the side of the bed in the kids room I moved the bed out from the wall to get it and there was a lot of water damage to the carpet and black mould over it for about three meters. No wonder they had a spare bed covering it up. We moved to another two bedroom 1902 on 19th floor which was still dated (not like first room) but at least had been renovated in the eightys and was clean. Management should tell owners they will not rent out their rooms till it is up to a four star standard as I nearly cried when we went into the first room. I would stay again for the position and the amenities as long as I inspect the room first before we accept it.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first before you accept it and ask for a renovated one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Regina,

I thank you for your time to tell us of your recent stay with us at the Paradise Centre Apartments, on the Gold Coast.
We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations.

We’ve noted your comments regarding the apartment condition as well as your comments towards your helpful experience with our reception staff especially Kate & Sharon.

We are currently in discussions with owners regarding refurbishment of their units with about 50% of owners having already completed a full refurbishment, this is an ongoing process.

Upon saying this we have passed on your comments to the owner of the apartment mentioned and as a result the owner is in discussions with us to completely renovating their apartment.

We do thank you for taking time for your feedback as well as advising us of your concerns. We do take all of your comments on board and value your feedback as an integral part of our continuing aim to maximise services of our guest.

Whilst it would seem that Paradise Centre Apartments has not lived up to your expectations. I would certainly hope that you give me the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Kind Regards

Steve

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

It was a superbly perfect stay with my friends in Gold Coast. The location is right in the center attraction of the Surfers Paradise beach, 10 mins walk to Skypoint. The apartment that we stayed was really clean with complete facilities. The apartment has 2 swimming pools with jacuzzi, tennis courts, gym and bbq area. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Steven B, Front Office Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear, CT_Yat

Thank you for your recent posting on trip advisor.

I was pleased to read the review of your recent stay at Paradise Centre Apartment. I am pleased to hear that you found Paradise Centre Apartment is perfectly located to Surfers Paradise attractions. Our apartments and facilities have met your every requirement, especially the 2 swimming pool, jacuzzi, tennis courts, gym and BBQ area,

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Paradise Centre Apartments in the not too distant future

Front Office Manager

Been to Paradise Centre Apartments? Share your experiences!