“AMAZING!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Centre Apartments

Save Saved
You added Paradise Centre Apartments to your Saves list
Paradise Centre Apartments
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3 Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly BreakFree)   |
Ranked #19 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Auckland
“AMAZING!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Having never stayed at the Gold Coast before we picked this place based on distance to town and the beach and the price. We were absolutly stoked with our apartment couldnt have asked for any better. It literally is connected to a mall. Go down the lift level 4 and you have access to a mall, the clubbing strip plus the biggest timezone (games place) ive ever seen. The staff were awesome and friendly helped us book our shuttles everytime we needed to use them. We had a 2bed apartment for 4 adults it was perfect. We stayed in room 1004 in the Allunga building. Amazing view of the beach and pool area! Would definatly stay here again. Thanks heaps guys A+++++++++++!!!!

• Stayed November 2012

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went up with family and had 2 apartments, one 2 bed and a single bedroom apartment, The apartments are in a great location but pretty old now and the single bedroom was dirty and smelly.

We got a good rate but would have paid more for a better room.

Room Tip: If you can, have a look at the apartment first.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

all the good reviews are true!
we stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the 21st floor and it was a very pleasant stay. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made the stay more enjoyable.
Th location of he hotel is very convenient.
would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
N.S.W
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Arrived at reception very helpful friendly young man checked us in. Went to our room one bed apartment and there was a king bed and I had requested twin singles. I rang reception and they said they will send a fold up bed strait up. After waiting an hour I rang back and a different lady on reception said fold up beds cost extra. I said I just need separate beds. Half an hour later a man shows up with sheets and rips the sheets off the king bed unzips the bed so its now two singles and then walked out leaving the sheets on the floor where they stayed for a week. He said... you are right to make the beds??... dumped the new sheets on the lounge and walked out. I wasn't happy had travelled all day and now had to make beds. Ok .... so I made the beds then went to sit on the lounge and OMG there were white stains all over it yuk, don't even want to imagine what they were from.... At this stage I am thinking god what a place. I placed the spare blanket over it and left it there for the whole stay . So after this start surprisingly I enjoyed the rest of my stay here. The kitchen and bathroom were lovely and the views were fantastic. The beds were comfortable and my sister and family booked a two bed and were put right next door to us. The pool was nice and warm but the spa was broken the whole 9 days we were there. The location is great...shopping centre below with woolworths grocery store, coffee and clothes stores. Great bars and restaurants close by. The building is secure as you need a scanner to access the lobby and lifts. The beach was just across the road. So after a bad start I actually enjoyed my stay. I would stay here again purely for the location and the view.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Firstly, thankyou Sharon Kate and Essa. You were professional courteous and exceptionally helpful.
I read trip advisor and was concerned re reports of some dirty old units in the complex, however my daughter in law really wanted this location so I booked a two bedder . I am aware from personal involvement in other unit blocks that some owners choose not to refurbish. This becomes a difficult situation for staff since they have limited updated stock with which to accommodate numerous clients all wanting the best, especially when the rates are the same.
I requested an updated apartment and was fortunate enough to be given one.
My unit was immaculate. Faultless, spotless and magnificently positioned. My granddaughter spent hours in the clean and well maintained pool, and the gym facilities were excellent. The location of the apartments is second to none.
I would like to thank the owners of 2504 for their stylish refurb and suggest other owners who have not done so, consider investing in the upgrade of their units to maintain the integrity of an apartment block which has so much to offer. By not doing so you are not being fair to paying guests who are unsure of the condition of their allocated unit ,and unfair to other owners whose income is diminished by guests not prepared to take a gamble on getting a refurbed unit ,and look elsewhere as I almost did. Alternatively I suggest the body corporate discuss a two tiered rate system so clients have the choice of paying more for a better unit.
Again to the staff, thankyou for a wonderful few days. I cannot fault our unit, your facilities and your commitment to outstanding customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were given unit 704 initially but after inspecting the room we went straight back to reception and asked for a room change. The unit was directly above the tennis court and pool and you had to get up on tiptoes to see the ocean. After trying to fob us off we were changed to room 1204 which was brilliant.

The units are a bit old and tired but so spacious. The 2 bedroom unit could easily have been 4 bedrooms, it was so big. Fabulous view of the ocean out the front window and balcony.

I would definately recommend this to travellers who don't have a car. You can get all your groceries at the Woolworths directly underneath the hotel, there are heaps of restaurants all around to suit every taste and budget. You can catch a bus to Pacific Fair for more variety and upmarket shopping.

Mackay, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Unfortunately I am currently staying in a 1 bedroom self contained apartment at the moment with my husband and 21 month old. We made it a family holiday with my mum, dad and sisters and their young families. We booked months in advance and asked to be on the same floor ... Unfortunately 3 different levels later. You cannot visit anyone on any different level with a key to that floor which is making it difficult to see family.We walked into our room today which is on the 21st floor to find it a total disgrace when it comes to cleanliness. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in the last 6 months or touched at all. There are no screens only glass doors which did not shut properly, which was terrifying having a 21 month old. Our bedside tables had cigarette ash in piles on them. The room stunk of smoke. I confronted reception and practically got too bad, no other rooms available. We'll send a cleaner up to fix the room up 'at no charge' (what)?? There was no way we were paying for a cleaner. I'm sorry, but the whole room needed a complete clean over. There was dust and who knows what built-up about 1cm high around doors and windows. The only upside is the great location and beautiful view our room has. The website photos are definitely not what we got ... Totally misleading. Devastated that we have another 6 days stuck here.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a "clean" room and if possible a renovated one. Don't bother oth...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Centre Apartments? Share your experiences!