“Comfortable, and Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Centre Apartments

You added Paradise Centre Apartments to your Saves list
Paradise Centre Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3 Hanlan Street, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia (Formerly BreakFree)   |
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable, and Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We stayed at this resort for the Gold Coast 600 V8 Supercar race last year in October. We found the resort comfortable and the resort facilities excellent (all but the rotten mini golf section). It is so central to everything and throughout our 5 day stay we didn't have to move the car once, which was real handy. The value of the resort was great, it was much cheaper than many of its rivals. Staff were friendly and the quality of our stay was good. The building is older so you do have to adjust your expectations slightly, for example the loud air conditioning units in the unit and the worn carpets, but to be honest when you consider the price and the need for the unit, it was fine.

So we were going to re-book for the 2011 event as we were satisfied with last years stay there. However we rang to book and we find out the prices have risen quite a lot compared to what we payed last year for the event. This is a shame because we havent re-booked because it is now slightly too expensive for what you get, so we have booked our stay now at Circle on Cavill through a agency down there for cheaper than they wanted for us to rebook here.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
gavin_wishnowski, General Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property, I have taken your feedback on board. I am pleased that you really enjoyed the resort and its great location on your previous visit. Rates do vary according to occupancy and events, however, I hope you decide to revisit the resort again in the future.

Gavin Wishnowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I would first like to make this clear, I am a massive supporter of Mantra Apartments and stay with them throughout Australia on a regular Basis.

This is my first time to this particular Mantra Apartment, on arrival staff are great seem friendly, the first impression is it is very clean. The only thing is the Sign out the front looked out dated. When going into the room I was speechless the room is pristine, almost good enough for a king to stay here. I was really impressed and thought this was by far the best choice the Gold Coast could offer.

Well that impression was short lived. That night the sound proofing on the units is minimal, the noise level coming from the clubs really does echo thru the unit (I'm on level 15) in this day and age with doubble glazing and the like, the apartment could of been a lot more quiter.

On night 2 I had a noise complaint laid against myself and explained to reception that it is the sliding glass door. This noise complaint was at 6 in the afternoon. Reception were very nice over the phone and advised that maintenence would be up to have a look before 9 pm. I was actually starving that night and waited and waited and waited it got to 9 pm and I wanted food so I gave up knowing no one was going to show. That was a week ago today and no one has showen up since. Mind you in saying that I havent had another complaint laid against me.

I am a smoker, and after 10 days of been here I am still uncertain where I can and cant smoke. the unit has a balconybut to me smoking out there offends other guests when smoke goes into their apartment. I guess Ill continue to make the trip down to the ground floor and stand out the front of the hotel where there are no ashtrays. Yes I know it a dirty habbit and should give it up, but till then Ill take that lift 20 times a day just for my ciggy hit.

The unit I am in has an indoor air con unit Located right in the guts of the apartment, I have never seen this in my life it looks about as old as ... well Im sure it out dates me. I have informed reception of how loud it is rattling away in the kitched, I'm suprised it hasnt taken off as yet and bugger me no one has showen to have a look to investigate the rattling.

I must say I felt very intimidated by the hotel in the following respect. On arrival you are given a welcome letter, all the fluffy junk that no one really reads. On the back is the Rules and body Corporate By Laws. If you actually read this all youll do in your apartment is sit on the floor and be quiet. The most concerning of these by laws is the line "Activating fire alarms by cooking smoke from units will result in a QLD Fire Birgade callout fee of $927.45 been payable and charged to accounts" I'm not taking that risk geez I have spent enought here without having that extra bill should I accidently burn something. Im eating out whilst I'm here. The little info file they present has some great information in there on places to see and go.

Every day for the past 9 days I have utilised the gym, all of a sudden all the cushons are missing from all the equipment and out of service signs placed everywhere, Reception didnt seem aware of it and couldnt tell me when they would be able to be used again, grounds staff seemed to be unaware of what was going on and finally what appeared to be the manager advised it would only be a few hours that was yesterday, I am sorry but his attitude was sickening and a disgrace, customer service was clearly not a priority.
The girls on the front counter I have to say are really nice and if that was their manager they deserve far better.

Today was also a concern, I saw a gardener spraying weeds on the lawn.
With OH&S in this day and age I did NOT see a face mask been worn, there was no signage to alert guests that chemicals are on the lawn. As far as I see it he was using a back pack hand operated unit with no noise. The Pool area is closed at 10pm at night surely the spraying of chemicals would be better off undertaken then.

and finally my biggest gripe.
I like to party, I got home at 4am this morning (Im on holidays, so sue me) I was woken not long after I went to bed by a jack hammer, now if and when I had of booked this accomodaton I was informed that there is maintenance going on and there will be loud noise throughout the day I'd cop it sweet. But no if you want to know whats going on, the hotel will ever so kindly put it up on a notice board on level 6 for your inconvienice. Why not put the darn board on the ground floor where everyone will walk past it on arrival!!!!

This hotel is great on the outter layers, if you are coming for a long period of time I would not consider this apartment, great for a short stay but thats it. I still have 7 days to go here and have contemplated on many occasions packing my things and going to another hotel. To the management at Mantra, you have a great chain of hotels throughout Australia, however this one lets the team down.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I noticed that you indeed stayed in a new fully refurbished room in the resort. It is disappointing that your long stay holiday started so well but ended up having issues. The resort is constantly upgrading to improve facilities, however, communication is important also. These comments have been noted, so thank you again for the feedback to assist improving the overall enjoyment for our guests
Adelaide, South Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Was really worried after reading some comments on this website but booked anyway with a good deal. We requested a recently refurbished room which was not what we got. It was clean, plenty of space, well equipped but in need of upgrade. For example, the tiny tv table was the cheapest type normally found in hard rubbish. The extra bed/mattress requested with the booking was not there, when it came it was very old and stained. The room definitely not 4 star as claimed. The location does make up for it though (just), as does the excellent pool and bbq areas. The 13th floor was noisy at night due to party noise from the surrounding bars, but this may not bother other people. On balance we would only just recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
gavin_wishnowski, General Manager at Paradise Centre Apartments, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I have taken your feedback on board. We have high expectations at the property and am disappointed these were not met with regards to the need for an upgrade of room. Measures have been undertaken to upgrade rooms. A high emphasis is placed on cleanliness of the room, so I am happy this met with expectations. The positive feedback about the spaciousness of rooms and excellent pool and bbq facilities has been noted. The property facilities have been upgraded for guest enjoyment.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed in an apartment for a few nights. Picked these apartments because of the great location. Its above Centro shopping centre with easy access to beach, Cavill Avenue and several great restaurants below. Didn't need car much at all. Unfortunately the room was just not up to scratch. Dirty towels, bath and toilet. Rooms and furniture very dated. Noise from the street can be heard in the evening (but this didn't bother us). Rooms have great views from balcony and location is fantastic, its just a shame the room didn't live up to the view or the location.

Room Tip: Very central, great views, but poor room
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property, I have taken your feedback on board. The property has embarked recently on some room refurbishments. High expectations of our contracted cleaners are expected, and the feedback will be followed up. Thank you for the positive feedback on the location. Being above Centro shopping centre and near restaurants centainly draws people to the property.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

My husband and I and our three young kids (7, 4 and 2) stayed in the Allunga building on the 6th floor. I was worried about staying here because of the majority of reviews I had read on this website......My experience was fabulous. The apartment we stayed at was clean, modern and very large. The location of the apartments are just awesome. A stone's throw away from everything. The staff were also very friendly. Purchased my theme parks tickets through them and they organised transfers to the airport at the last minute. Highly recommended. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the property. The property prides itself on being family friendly. We are happy we could offer the friendly service of being able to book tours and transfers. It has been noted in your review you will definetely be staying again. We will ensure to provide this friendly service and cleanliness of rooms upon return.
Tauranga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This visit we decided to stay right in the middle of Surfers Paradise just to experience it. The Paradise Centre Apartments are the place to stay if you want convenience to shops, supermarkets, entertainment, restaurants, takeaways, beach and much more. These apartments are right above the Centro shopping mall on Cavill Ave and walk straight out onto Cavill. The pools were fantastic and you can look over the beach from the pool area. BBQ's, gym, tennis court. The two bedroom apartment was very comfortable and really spacious - fully airconditioned and had a balcony looking over the pools, beach and Cavill Ave. Staff were friendly but kept out your way unless you needed them. We will definitely be going back here - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the property. The location is a big asset of the property, and there for the enjoyment of all guests. I am glad you also enjoyed the spacious apartment and facilities offered at the property.
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

ok first of the we stayed for more than 7 nights and overall it was ok.
the kitchen was fine, the lounge and dinning are were very nice the best of the apartment.
the bathroom had stains on the roof, the floor needs to be re-done that also goes with the laundry which is right next to the bathroom.

ur room will only get serviced if your staying there for more than 8nights...

thhe bedroom- well the bed was very uncomfortably, the pillows were flat as anything with stains on the floor. you will need to go out and buy ur own laundry products.
the veiw and the location however are absolutly AMAZING, walked out onto the balcony and looked straight out to the beach and looked down upon cavill ave.

the night life is amazing however you can hear most things that go on at night but u can sleep easy.

the front office we're polite and happy to help out with anything that we needed thumbs up to them there.

the centro surfers paradise is located underneath the hotel which was a bonus as well as the bus tranfers from the apartments to the theme parks and aiport, plus and even bigger bonus was the beach... only a 4min walk from the apartment and you there, as well as the wed and fri markets about a 10min walk...

overall i suggest that the hotel renovates the apartments they need to be improved.
our stay was satisfying and nice...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback our property. There is some great positive comments in your review, Constantly, we are working on upgrading the rooms to present as well as the excellent facilities in the property. We am happy to here the team booked your transfers and tours and provided the customer service expected at the property. The view and location is amazing, to use your words and once again thank you for your feedback.
Gavin Wishnowski

Been to Paradise Centre Apartments? Share your experiences!