“We loved it here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Condor Ocean View Apartments

Save Saved
You added Condor Ocean View Apartments to your Saves list
Condor Ocean View Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2 Riverview Parade, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Melbourne
“We loved it here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I have to admit when we first arrived here we thought it wasn't very nice. But after we settled in and had the airconditioning turned on it was lovely. When we arrived the TV didn't work and we had no hairdryer but the all rounder Mr Fix was on the job very quickly and we were most impressed. The location is fantastic, minutes from everything and the river views are gorgeous. I found the receptionist needed a lot of work in her people skills though, was very rude and abrupt. Besides having to deal with her it was lovely. The apartments are absolutely huge.

Stayed December 2007

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2007

We just returned from INDY at the Condor - we had a blast! We were so close to everything that we could just stroll to the INDY action, and again found the building to be within surprisingly easy walking distance to Cavill Avenue for shopping and partying. The apartments were big and clean - the 3 Bedroom apartment we had was on a high floor and gave great views out to the ocean and over the river. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a great location at a good price, especially those needing big rooms for families etc.

• Liked — The Location, and Huge Apartment.
  • Disliked — We would have liked a spa onsite
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
port augusta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

stayed here for 1 week. booked with a agent. agent booked airfares and car hire to complete on sunday, but accomodation to complete on saturday. i had paperwork to support original booking but to no avail. on saturday while at water park with my two kids, we were kicked out. our belongings packed up and put in storeage. upon arrival back we were offered a room at @ $400 a night, "INDY PRICES" i guess! i ended up tracking down others i knew and me and my two kids stayed the night with them on the floor. we were lucky that we had them up there or else we would have to sleep in the car. all our food was thrown out, plus a full seaworld environment bag has dissappeared, presumably with food, plu photos from theme parks have disappeared aswell. food and stuff can be replaced, but photos cant. i would never recommend this apartment faciltiy as rooms were sub standard. my curtains were hanging down and could not be closed in the bedroom. it took 3 days to get them fixed.

Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

This is the worst apartment I've ever stayed!! It is VERY old and running down. It is very dirty, and no rubbish bin. We saw some 'giant' cockroach, running taps, and the lid of the washing machine is half broken! I've stayed at a few backpackers, and even the backpackers are better than this apartment! :( DO NOT trust the pictures you see on their website. I would never stay in this place again!

Stayed September 2007
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

I just returned from a stay at Condor. Before I went I read a review on this site, and I'll admit I was a little worried.
So I get there - okay, the building isn't the most modern, but it was clean and good $. It's an easy walk to Cavill and close to the beach, shops & cafes, but it wasn't noisy. My room had a nice view of the ocean and the girls at reception gave me great tips about where to shop, and where to avoid.
I had a great time and would go again!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

I have stayed at the condor apartments recently and I loved the central location and affordable price. It is right in the heart of surfers paradise where all the major attractions are. It is also self contained so we saved heaps of money by cooking our own breakfast etc.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

We recently stayed in the three bedroom apartments at this property and friends stayed in the two bedroom apartments. We would definitely NOT recommend this property to anyone. Although relatviely cheap, the property is very old and rundown. In our apartment the decor was outdated, some of the lights didn't work, the wood on the door was peeling off, half the vacuum was missing, shelves broken in cupboards, skirting boards broken, curtains falling down, and the list goes on. The facilities were really average. The inside pool was dirty and there was mould everywhere. The receptionists were quite rude to our friends, and the desk closes (not operational 24 hours). Two groups of people turned up after hours, and ended up having to go and book into other hotels as they could not contact anyone.

Been to Condor Ocean View Apartments? Share your experiences!