“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers

Save Saved
You added The Breakers to your Saves list
The Breakers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Old Burleigh Road, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here a few weeks ago, the apartment was lovely (especially if you get one with beach views). It's an enjoyable 15-20 minute walk along the beach to get to the main part of surfers (a little quicker if you walk along the road). My only complaint is "complimentary internet" listed in the booking isn't really complimentary, its in the region of $10, $20 for an hour (can't quite remember), which I thought was a little cheeky!Either way, would stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
So glad you did enjoy your stay with us. I would like to clarify one thing though - the internet is complimentary - I think what you have done is tried to log on and seen that it requests you to accept a charge, however, this charge is credited back to you from the front office. I am so sorry for your inconvenience with that.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Apartment 43, which was beautifully presented, clean and well equipped, and above all offered superb north easterly beach views (towards Surfers Paradise). We loved the twin king bed, and waking to the ocean views to start each day. Stepping out the back gate directly on to the beach for our daily walk along the beach that takes us to both Surfers and Broadbeach eateries is a real joy! Will book the same apartment again next year!

Stayed December 2012
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
It is wonderful to hear that you not only enjoyed our fabulous location but also the apartment that you stayed in. As you know all the apartments are individually owned and the owner of this particular apartment is very conscious of providing a lovely environment for guests and so deserves wonderful comments like yours. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beachfront haven again.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Staying at "The Breakers" on December 2012.

Been email to "The Breakers" Lyn was the one who answer all my question.
She is very helpful and very patient. It was nice knowing her.

The apartment was GOOD! The beach view was very nice too! It is also because we were given a high level apartment. If i ever have a chance to come back again, i would choose to stay back. And would recommend to my friends!

Min

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thanks for your kind words - we are always here to assist where/when we can and it will be a pleasure to see you again when you next visit.
Mildura, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor we were very excited to be staying in such a well appointed establishment. Well how disappointed were we. Holidaying with my husband, brother and sister-in-law we were all looking forward to a lovely superior beach front apartment. The apartment was beach front but that was the only beautiful thing about it. We have all travelled through out the world and 4 1/2 star apartments are usually that 4 1/2 star. When we complained about it on Sunday we were told no one has ever complained about that room 24.In the main bedroom the queen sized bed had been broken and then reinforced with a steel side. The ensuite had hair and mould in the shower and a railing missing on the door which left holes in the door. The tiles throughout the whole apartment were full of fluff and dirt. The second bedroom (after paying $22 to have two king singles made into a queen bed) had a faulty light that when you turned on would flicker all the time. The kitchen after spending 30 minutes to look for the lights that where hidden in the cupboard was very old and tacky. The oven and fridge were all rusty. Lucky I sat on the kitchen chair and realised that it was broken before someone seriously was hurt. We reported it to the weekend manager and was told oh no not that chair again and the handy man would fix it. We never saw him.The lamp in the loungeroom was stuck together with duct tape. Only one light in the loungeroom was working. We all understand that its not the managers fault but they should seriously get the owners in of the apartment to update the whole apartment and not just a lick of paint. Oh that was falling off anyway. I am so sorry to be making such a bad review but what we thought we paid for definatly was not what we got.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Just one clarification for you - our property is rated 4 star and not 4 1/2 star and it was unfortunate that you were disappointed with the apartment you stayed in. When you came down to voice your concerns and I mentioned that other guests had not been unhappy with the apartment - this was certainly a fact - many guests have been very happy with that particular apartment and actually do request it and as I mentioned to you everyone has a different opinion/expectation.
I would like to address your issues one by one - the main bed does have a reinforced steel side plate which normally is not something that is even noticed - this bed was damaged by another guest when it was quite new and was repaired this way to ensure future guests do not suffer any discomfort - I agree it is noticeable if you look for it but it is not at all visible unless you remove the covers and to date we have not had any other reports about it and it obviously has not hindered the comfort of past guests.

I have to say I was surprised with your comment re the mould/hair/fluff/dirt as we do pride ourselves in the way our cleaning staff operate and if the light was not functioning properly in the bedroom it would have been replaced if you had mentioned that. I agree it is quite a nuisance that the light switches are hidden in a cupboard in the kitchen and I will rectify that with a sign. I agree there is a very small line of rust at the bottom edge of the oven, however, the fridge is fine.
I do apologise for the broken chair - I did say to you that I would have it fixed by our handyman and I totally forgot about it - it has now been repaired. Re the lamp that was stuck together with duct tape - this was necessary as we did not have time to do a proper repair prior to your arrival, otherwise you would not have had a lamp in the living room and it was hidden under the shade so really was not obvious. This has now been properly fixed. If there was only one light working in the lounge room I do apologise for that, however, one phone call would have rectified that.

I am sorry that these issues caused you such anguish but everything is fixable and we are here to help rectify any problems if notified - unless of course I forget - once again I apologise for that chair. I think your expectation may have been considerably higher and we certainly are not 5 or 6 star - we do, however, provide a very clean, comfortable property and as you said yourself you came to us because of all our wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights in October 2012, the apartment was nice, suggest you ask for an apartment on a higher floor and not facing Old Burleigh Road, as it is a very busy road. My 1 Bedroom apartment was on the 1st floor and the balcony was tiny. To leave the balcony door open during the day or night, lets in the traffic noise. Swimming pool was excellent as is the location. If I do return I would ask for a much higher apartment with a bigger balcony with an ocean view, instead of a street view.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor, and an apartment either ocean front, or ocean view. Not facing Old Burleigh R...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and whilst the particular apartment that you stayed in would not be your choice next time it is quite a popular choice for others who do not want to be on a high floor.
We look forward to seeing you again at The Breakers.
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We are a young 26 yr old couple and stayed for 8 nights in a two bedroom superior room, I think room 55 or 54 for $175 per night. The day we arrived the beach winds were insane, I know this is not the hotels fault but the building vibrated the whole night making it hard to sleep and this continued for three days into the trip! We didnt want to make a big deal so we put up with it, but then the coffee table incident! I casually lifted my plate onto the the old coffee table to eat my breakfast and a butter knife fell off shattering the non saftey glass, I was made to pay $77 dollars to replace the glass on the old coffee table, I would have rathered went to fantastic furniture to buy a new modern one than pay, I just thank god it was not a tiny child as they could have been badly injured. No tv in the main bedroom bedroom! Our foxtel went down and we reported this, went a few hours without until my partner managed to fix it himself.Pool is tiny and full of kids more of a family hotel! The kitchen and bathrooms were renovated but the furniture was like out of an opp shop, its very decieving on the website partly renovated is what this means. Its also very far away from either surfers or broadbeach about 20min walk so be prepared to get taxis or buses. Oh and on the last day the remote for the tv stopped working at this point we were not suprised!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
It certainly was unfortunate that you broke the glass coffee table, however, as all these apartments are individually owned it is our responsibility as managers to ensure that the owner is not out of pocket for any damages regardless of your thoughts to purchase a different piece of furniture - I do recall you did request not to have to pay for this and in fact were quite taken aback when I suggested that you do replace the whole coffee table so I managed to lessen your expense by only replacing the glass and at $77.00 I think you have done well.
Re your comment about the website being deceiving - the apartment you stayed in is actually featured on our website so exactly what you saw is what you got.
It was unfortunate your Foxtel did not work for a short period of time and it is out of our control if these outages occur and it was also unfortunate that the TV remote stopped working on your last day - it is also out of our control when batteries cease to function so it would have been helpful if you had mentioned this on your departure.
It was such a shame that the broken glass in the coffee table caused you so much anguish on your holiday.
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in a cabana as part of a family group travelling to the Gold Coast . We thoroughly enjoyed the beachfront setting with good security access gates to the beach and pool. The pool was always clean. Our cabana was comfortable and clean. We didn't pay 5 star prices, so didn't expect luxury, which we didn't want with a pile of kids around. Cabanas are more suitable for kids over 6 as there are stairs leading to the kids room which resemble a heavy ladder with rails. Apartments are better suited for the littlies. Apartments and cabanas have intercom connection which is essential as access can only be gained from person holding the key to their prospective floor, so accessing your friends floor can only be granted by meeting them on the ground level and going up with them. Management was kind and helpful with a mentally disabled adult relative who at the best of times could present as a challenge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us at The Breakers and thank you for your invaluable feedback - your comments will certainly assist others.
Look forward to welcoming you back again another time.

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!