We stayed for 2 nights this week. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
We were using the hotel as a base for the theme parks.
Whilst the hotel isn't quite 5 star anymore, the room was immaculate and the facilities are good. Housekeeping also did a great job of our room during the stay.
On our first night we went up to the revolving restaurant in the main tower and enjoyed a lovely meal. Our little one was thrilled that the restaurant was turning! The food and wine were devine and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Our only quibble would be the fact the lift will not take you to the restaurant until 2 mins after opening time, so we (and quite a few other guests) went up and down in the lift 2 or 3 times until we gained access.
The buffet breakfast was great, lots of choice and everything is freshly prepared. Staff are very helpful.
With regard to the roadworks, I'm not sure how you could avoid it on the Gold Coast Highway at the moment as they appear to be tearing up the entire road, definitely not the hotel's fault. We found our way in quickly though so we were lucky.
We loved the spa in our room and took advantage of the well stocked mini bar too.
Overall a good family hotel, close (but not too close) to all the action and well priced. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Gold Tower is located adjacent to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. The Crowne Plaza Gold Tower offers premium hotel rooms and spacious self contained apartments including studio and one and two bedroom suites in a resort style setting. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The Studio and Suites also offer kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Crowne Plaza Gold Tower is located between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach. Major shopping centres, award winning dining, nightlife and world famous Gold Coast beaches are all within walking distance of the hotel. Crowne Plaza Gold Tower shares the extensive resort facilities with Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise including two outdoor swimming pools with heated spas and sundecks, gymnasium, full sized tennis court, games room and two restaurants and bars. The hotel features 9 flexible meeting rooms and can cater for up to 550 people. Four Winds 360 Revolving Restaurant is Queensland's only revolving restaurant. It offers panoramic views of the Gold Coast hinterland and Pacific Ocean as well as a delicious seafood and international buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise Gold Coast