“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2809 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Buderim
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights this week. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We were using the hotel as a base for the theme parks.

Whilst the hotel isn't quite 5 star anymore, the room was immaculate and the facilities are good. Housekeeping also did a great job of our room during the stay.

On our first night we went up to the revolving restaurant in the main tower and enjoyed a lovely meal. Our little one was thrilled that the restaurant was turning! The food and wine were devine and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Our only quibble would be the fact the lift will not take you to the restaurant until 2 mins after opening time, so we (and quite a few other guests) went up and down in the lift 2 or 3 times until we gained access.

The buffet breakfast was great, lots of choice and everything is freshly prepared. Staff are very helpful.

With regard to the roadworks, I'm not sure how you could avoid it on the Gold Coast Highway at the moment as they appear to be tearing up the entire road, definitely not the hotel's fault. We found our way in quickly though so we were lucky.

We loved the spa in our room and took advantage of the well stocked mini bar too.

Overall a good family hotel, close (but not too close) to all the action and well priced. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room while the road works are on to avoid noise. :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Many thanks for taking time to post your review and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the roadworks, which as you say are beyond our control, but I am pleased to say their programme of works is very close to complete.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you again in the not too distant future.
David Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Redcliffe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went to the gold tower for a holiday on gold coast, stayed in spa 1 bedroom suite for just under $500 for a Thursday and Friday night. Booked via there website everything looked and sounded nice, there was no mention during booking online about any roadworks or anything similar.
Got there about 3 and there was heavy roadworks around the whole area due to some light rail link project, we drove around twice looking for entrance but we couldn't find it. We rang the hotel and the woman gave us helpfull directions we had driven past the entrance but there was a construction truck there before so we didn't see the sign.
The staff booking in where very nice and polite, we went up to the room which was on the 7th floor the room itself was very nice nothing spectacular but nothing to disappointing either. Full size kitchen, decent size LCD tv and separate bedroom with another tv. The only disapointment with the room was, the toilet was in the bathroom which with a child was bit annoying also the outside of the windows doesn't look like they have been cleaned in years, the ones not accessible I can understand but what about the balcony glass surely that could be cleaned?.. Anyway room was peacfull, went out for dinner found The prices in hotel to expensive for a family to eat at. after getting back had trouble getting in driveway again as twice as much construction was there then earlier during the daytime had to wait for several trucks to vacate the driveway, when it got to about 9pm roadworks were still going on and I thought na they will stop before midnight so we will be able to sleep but at 1:30am I rang room service and they brought me earplugs but I couldn't sleep with them in. All you could here was trucks going back and forwards guys calling out to other workers and now and again some loud machinery which would make you jump up as you were just dozing off. I know that it is out of there control but I think they should of at least discounted the rooms, or advertised during booking that this was happening I felt like I was ripped off as I couldn't even sleep the first night. The second night was a bit better as they moved us from the 7th floor to the 14th could still hear it a little bit but I could actually sleep so it was a bit better. After getting home I have looked it up roadworks are happening every night between 7pm and 5 am on different areas of the highway. My bigest disapointment was I choose the wrong nights and why wasn't I informed before forking out all my saved up holiday pay, that it was going on right underneath bedroom windows of the hotel. Also my nice car has got bits of black tar and little rocks n marks all over it from driving into hotel should of hired one just for the stay so i didnt damage mine Staff was very nice and helpfull and room was good at least.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking time to post your review and I am sincerely sorry that your stay was so poorly impacted as a result of the Gold Coast Rapid Transit roadworks - which I am pleased to report are very close to completion.
In the meantime please let me know next time you are due to visit the Gold coast and I will do my utmost to ensure we make amends for your recent disappointment. Please email me directly with your contact details so that I am able to extend a generous offer for you and your family accordingly.
Thank you once again.
david.brown@ihg.com
NSW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Hotel is suited in a fairly central spot for Broadbeach or Surfers, and short taxi ride to the casino or restaurants. Hotel is very dated from the outside (the pink is not appealing!), but inside is nice enough, although not 5 star.

Hotel staff were friendly & helpful, and hotel room (ocean views) was nice enough. Unfortunately we got a room with two doubles, which seemed rather strange.

Breakfast is expensive, but no more so than at any other hotel.
All in all, nice enough with no hassles, although the outside could really do with a spruce up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Many thanks for posting your review of your stay with us in the Main Tower of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.
All our rooms in the Gold Tower have a king bed but our Main Tower rooms offer a choice of two double beds or a king bed. I do not unfortunately know how you booked but it appears you selected the standard room option - which offers two double beds.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us however and for sharing your feedback.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My best friend and I stayed in the gold tower crown towers back in may 2011. Upon checkin we were greeted by the friendly checkin staff andy the main lobby reception who directed us to our lift well to the other tower where we were staying. The room was larger than we originally thought and the balcony had a beautiful view out over the ocean. The king bed was very comfortable, but as for the fold out sofa bed. It was nothing to write home about. The room was cleaned in the mornings whilst we were out and coming home to a freshly cleaned room was nice. There were pool towels provided for us and the pool and spa was great as it was pro ate and separated from the main tower. The revolving restaurant was fabulous and the concierge had a great knowledge of the surrounding area and organized transport for our departure from the gold coast.
Room service is quite overpriced for a crowne hotel, (I regularly use Adelaide and Perth Crowne) but there are plenty of good local restaurants nearby. Overall it was a great stay and I have recommended it to all of our friends after our brilliant experience there.

• Stayed August 2011
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last week for our wedding anniversary. We booked a deluxe ocean view king room with spa. On arrival we found a (good) bottle of sparkling in the fridge for us, as well as some Belgian chocolate. A nice and much appreciated touch. Thanks Kimberley! :)
This was typical of the good customer service we received during our stay, from the moment we arrived till checking out.
King bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. Bathroom was clean too. The view from the 18th floor was beautiful.
The hotel is not right in the centre of Surfers but reachable by bus or taxi in 5 minutes. It only costs $15 for a limousine to get to Cavill Ave if you want to splash out. The Gold Tower and the main tower are linked via a short indoor walk (30 metres). Neither myself or my wife found this to be a nuisance as it's just such a short distance. Reception is in the main tower and breakfast is served in the restaurant just opposite the main entrance.
Breakfast needs a special mention in my review: I travel a fair bit around the world and Australia for work and I can say honestly that I've never had food of this quality for breakfast at any of the similar rated hotels I stayed at before. The eggs benedict were amazing. There were also scrambled eggs, fried eggs, wagyu beef sausages, fresh croissants and other danishes, fresh fruit, a blender to make your own fruit juice, the list goes on. It's worth staying the night just to have breakfast here in the morning.
The only thing we disliked of our stay was the dated decor of our room and the fact that the thermostat didn't have better temperature controls (5 settings between cold and hot). The dated decor is the only reason why I don't think you get the 5 star hotel experience here anymore. Having said that, I believe the price-quality ratio is extremely good and I'll definitely be back if I need a room in Surfers.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear PipMas,
Many thanks for posting your review of your recent stay with us and sharing your constructive and informative comments. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards,
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast downstairs was fairly expensive however there was a huge variety each morning so we were more than happy. We also dined at the revolving tower resturant in the hotel which was quite pricey for the food that was served. The only major let down was the location for us, It was about a 20 minute walk to and from the main strip of shops and mainbeach, however buses ran from outside the hotel which I found relatively expensive considering the distance you travel.
If your heading to theme parks such as dreamworld, there is a bus that picks up from outside the hotel. However if your going to Sea World there is not a bus service from the hotel - bummer.
It has an outdoor pool which was really nice and staff are really helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Feb as a last minute Wotif idea. Check in was quick, staff friendly with instructions and the room was lovely. No complaints here. A relaxing night away.

Stayed February 2012

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!