I'm still at this hotel but am so upset I had to vent here - I have another 5 nights here and want to cry!!
Having lived in the Chevron I was excited to bring my parents here to stay on their first Gold Coast holiday and show them the lovely apartment building I used to live in. I immediately realised that the standard of the hotel rooms/apartments was much much lower than the privately rented apartment I lived in.
Firstly we were put into an apartment on the 20th floor. The 20th floor absolutely skank of garbage and I think it had some kind of problem with the garbage shoot? The apartment was awful, carpet was torn in some places, the sofa looked like it came from the dump (it had no spring left to it and was sticky!), bedding looked like cheap motel bedding!
So I went and asked whether I could change. The lady was really helpful and said they were at full occupancy so they would have to put us in a room that someone else was checking into and swap them into the room we'd come from. I went and had a look at the next room and it was just as bad - so tired looking, marks all over the walls, daggy carpet, awful sofa, motel beds.
I then went downstairs again and asked whether we could pay to be put in a better room or upgrade. The lady told me there was one more option and if i didn't like it then there would be no refund if we wanted to go anywhere else because they had given us options. The room was much better, new sofa, bedding that actually looked like I was in a hotel not a dingy motel. It wasn't perfect but was certainly the best of a bad bunch. The lady at reception said the one I'd chosen had been renovated.
One thing I will note about this apartment (and from the limited time I was in the others) was that it is just not clean! sticky finger prints on cupboard and fridge doors, sticky marks on counter tops and dodgy smell from the dishwasher means one of the first things we did when we went out was buy cleaning products because I didn't want to be any more of a pain in the bum than I felt I'd already been by asking at reception.
Another thing which we thought was strange was that there is heaps of wardrobe space but barely any coat hangers. We asked reception if they had any and they sent maintenance round to put some in. He told us we already had too many hangers because each wardrobe should only have 6 hangers! that's just not enough for people who are on holiday for more than a few days!
Maintenance guy then told us the something that made me really angry. All of the apartments are privately owned and the hotel acts as a booking agent for owners - the hotel is currently trying to get owners to renovate their rooms - only 150 rooms have been renovated and 300 are yet to do. He told me 'some owners just can't afford to renovate'... I said 'well they shouldn't book the rooms then'...he said 'it's very hard at 100% occupancy'. To me only rooms that are up to scratch should be booked and 100% occupancy should be up to the number of renovated apartments only - but they just care about how much money they make - they've got heaps of terrible reviews on here but are still at max occupancy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towers of Chevron Renaissance offers a new level in contemporary lifestyle, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise. The complex consists of 3 majestic towers rising 50 levels, featuring one, two or three bedroom, self contained apartments. Set in private landscaped gardens and manicured lawns, facilities include a 600sqm bell shaped pool surrounded by sandy beaches, a 25m lap pool, spas, saunas, barbeque areas, a gymnasium, children's playground and games room and private theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Towers of Chevron Renaissance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Hotel Of Chevron Renaissance
- Renaissance Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Renaissance
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise