“"Not all owners can afford to rennovate!!"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Towers of Chevron Renaissance

You added Towers of Chevron Renaissance to your Saves list
Towers of Chevron Renaissance
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Townsville, Australia
“"Not all owners can afford to rennovate!!"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm still at this hotel but am so upset I had to vent here - I have another 5 nights here and want to cry!!

Having lived in the Chevron I was excited to bring my parents here to stay on their first Gold Coast holiday and show them the lovely apartment building I used to live in. I immediately realised that the standard of the hotel rooms/apartments was much much lower than the privately rented apartment I lived in.

Firstly we were put into an apartment on the 20th floor. The 20th floor absolutely skank of garbage and I think it had some kind of problem with the garbage shoot? The apartment was awful, carpet was torn in some places, the sofa looked like it came from the dump (it had no spring left to it and was sticky!), bedding looked like cheap motel bedding!

So I went and asked whether I could change. The lady was really helpful and said they were at full occupancy so they would have to put us in a room that someone else was checking into and swap them into the room we'd come from. I went and had a look at the next room and it was just as bad - so tired looking, marks all over the walls, daggy carpet, awful sofa, motel beds.

I then went downstairs again and asked whether we could pay to be put in a better room or upgrade. The lady told me there was one more option and if i didn't like it then there would be no refund if we wanted to go anywhere else because they had given us options. The room was much better, new sofa, bedding that actually looked like I was in a hotel not a dingy motel. It wasn't perfect but was certainly the best of a bad bunch. The lady at reception said the one I'd chosen had been renovated.

One thing I will note about this apartment (and from the limited time I was in the others) was that it is just not clean! sticky finger prints on cupboard and fridge doors, sticky marks on counter tops and dodgy smell from the dishwasher means one of the first things we did when we went out was buy cleaning products because I didn't want to be any more of a pain in the bum than I felt I'd already been by asking at reception.

Another thing which we thought was strange was that there is heaps of wardrobe space but barely any coat hangers. We asked reception if they had any and they sent maintenance round to put some in. He told us we already had too many hangers because each wardrobe should only have 6 hangers! that's just not enough for people who are on holiday for more than a few days!

Maintenance guy then told us the something that made me really angry. All of the apartments are privately owned and the hotel acts as a booking agent for owners - the hotel is currently trying to get owners to renovate their rooms - only 150 rooms have been renovated and 300 are yet to do. He told me 'some owners just can't afford to renovate'... I said 'well they shouldn't book the rooms then'...he said 'it's very hard at 100% occupancy'. To me only rooms that are up to scratch should be booked and 100% occupancy should be up to the number of renovated apartments only - but they just care about how much money they make - they've got heaps of terrible reviews on here but are still at max occupancy!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction. It is always disappointing to have guests arrive and the accommodation they have booked is not to their expectations.

I am sorry that your original allocated apartment was not to our usual 4 star standard. I am pleased to read that our receptionist was more then helpful and was able to show you alternate rooms.

There is no excuse for an unclean room and I have been in contact with my Housekeeping Manager to ensure this problem never occurs again. We are currently in the process of accessing all apartments and contacting owners to ensure our standard is maintained throughout the resort.

Overall I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your time with us. I sincerely apologise for this dissatisfaction. If we can be of any further assistance please contact us directly on 9 from your in room telephone.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Korean first
Millicent, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here the first time in 2011 with my brother & his wife. The room was perfect. Great view of ocean and over the lagoon pool. Everything we need. Very clean and well presented.

in 2013, on our second trip to Surfer's, we decided to stay here again. We didn't even look around for a better deal as we enjoyed it so much last time. This time wasn't as wonderful. The room was dirty with stained carpets and marks all over the walls. It seemed liked it went from 4.5 stars to 3.

The towers are in a wonderful location, shopping center below and restaurants surrounding. The ladies at reception seemed to ignore us for a long time on our second trip but we found the tourism employees very helpful on both trips. The builds are hard to navigate around. Once you have worked out the floor plan to get from the reception to your room to the carpark and to the swimming pools/gym it will be time to leave.

I don't know if I will stay here again but if I do, I hope I don't get that room again!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the better quality rooms!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your apartment on your second stay with us. Scuff marks on the walls are considered general wear and tear on a holiday apartment however we are currently in the process of assessing all units to ensure any necessary upgrades and refurbishments are carried out. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with the surname on the booking or the apartment number so I can ensure this assessment is pushed to the top of the list.

The complex is very large and can take some time to get your bearings. We find that the map given upon check in is quite helpful to guests in finding their way around.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future. Our location is superb and with our apartments undergoing upgrades I am sure you would be more than satisfied.

I can be contacted directly on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au- Regards, Melissa
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Booked a couple of rooms for a staff retreat. Great choice! The apartments in Tower 2 were large and comfortable. Beds were a little hard. Enjoyed the heated pool and sauna. Ideal location - lots of restaurants close by, short walk to the surf.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
I am so pleased to read that your choice of accommodation was great!
We are centrally located with everything at your door step.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I agree with other bad reviews. Mouldy grimey bathrooms, dust in the carpet edges, broken fittings. Unfortunately a filthy room takes the attention away from what would otherwise be a great hotel. Run down, tired, looks like it hasn't had proper maintenance in years. Totally unhealthy for a young child to stay. I had to do vaccuming & cleaning myself to get it partially up to scratch for oir child, until i get to have a word with a manager today. The supplied vaccum was dirty & broken too.

• Stayed October 2013
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of assessing all units to ensure any necessary upgrades and refurbishments are carried out. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly with the surname on the booking or the apartment number so I can ensure this assessment is pushed to the top of the list.

I can be contacted directly on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers.com.au
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at Chevron apartments in July 2013 for 2 nights. We managed to get special discounted rate offer by booking with them directly. After hours check in was bit complicated, we had to ring after hours number, get a code and open lockers to pick up key to room. To find parking late at night was another issue despite maps given to us it was bit difficult to work out which tower we needed to get in and find parking as most car park spaces were occupied and we had to negotiated tight corners to get to empty parking spot. Apart from these hiccups our stay was smooth, apartments are spacious but I think they look dated in few areas and management should consider refurbishment as I think Chevron is several years old and property maintenance may need to spend money to bring these apartment in line to true 4 star property. Reception staff friendly and helpful. We did not use swimming pool/gym facilities so can't comment. Overall decent stay especially with good price deal it is value for money in heart of Surfer's Paradise !

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your informative review of Chevron Towers,

I am glad you enjoyed your apartment. We are currently in the process of contacting all owners to arrange any necessary upgrades and refurbishments to their apartments.

I sincerely hope we get to welcome you back again soon to escape to the sunny Gold Coast!
melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and i stayed at this resort hotel in JUNE 13. We were not notified of the major roadworks that were in place where a new light rail system is going in.......late and over budget.

Our GPS failed. We had to ring the hotel for guidance to the hotel......the attendant was helpful and guided us to the hotel over the phone. However, when we eventually got into the upper level car park the signage was as scarse as hens teeth.......driving around we asked a security guard and he said "Park anywhere".

Our room was reasonably clean. But if we dared to leave one mark we would be penalized - as per the notice on the back of the door.

On the 3rd and final morning, I had to go off to my conference leaving my wife to clean and pack the luggage and hopefully get it to the car. But the procedure of doing the latter was illogical . No help whatsoever from the front desk....."oh we are not allowed to help you........" So, my wife eventually got on to the Manager who was unhelpful......his instructions were useless.

When she came to pick me up in the late afternoon from the conference, the Manager got back on to my wife's mobile and complained that the keys had been left in the wrong box downstairs. As he was so intolerant to listen to our views, we just gave up and hung up on him. His impression to us was that he could not care less.

So that has killed it for us to be treated like crusty old fads......there was no need to speak to us like we were some criminals from overseas.......We are definitely not going back to this hotel.

I would finally say to all holiday makers going to the Gold Coast - please double check that you are able to get to your hotel of choice easily or if there is massive road works still going on in the area. The 2nd hotel we stayed for two nights was nearly as bad........in tolerable road works noise going on all through both nights.

Maybe one day in two years time we will get to stay at a pleasant hotel in the Gold Coast.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the major street construction zones.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback however it would appear that you did not book directly with the resort and actually with a private owner.

In regards to keys being left in the wrong place, signage on the doors and lack of direction for parking, all of this will need to be addressed with the people you booked through.

Our staff are unable to assist any persons that have booked through a private owner as they are not our guests and it can incur legal ramifications.

I am sorry to hear your stay was not enjoyable however this review is not an accurate reflection of the official resort onsite management or our service and does not belong on this page as you did not stay in one of our apartments.

I strongly suggest next time you travel to the Gold Coast you book directly with us here at the resort. We inform all patrons of any roadworks, provide instructions on how to enter the carpark and where to park, as well as providing a map and information on what is required for check out.

We can be contacted on 07 5584 8100 or stay@chevrontowers,com.au
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I advise you book a private apartment. We booked with GCHR and were very satisfied. The apartment is spacious and well equipped with large fridge, full foxtel, clean, modern washing machine and dryer, fabulous beds and cool air conditioner. wifi is available for a cheap, once off fee. This apartment was so clean when we arrived. One of the cleanest. The views are amazing, we saw whales in the ocean almost everyday. We stayed in apartment 2382 and yes, you can hear some noise from the ground level but you are in the centre of Surfers, after all, and I didn't find it intrusive. The pool is large with plenty of deck chairs and whilst cooler than some pools, definitely enjoyable. The lagoon pool with sand is great for kids, as is the large grass area on level 6. The BBQs are modern and clean (and very popular so get in early!) and tables and chairs are well supplied. The gardens are beautiful. The inside pool and spa is warm and clean. Showers are available here, too. The gym is clean and well equipped. The location is brilliant. Who needs a car wen you stay here? Great for families as Coles is on ground level. Overall, a fantastic place to stay with your family

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Towers of Chevron Renaissance? Share your experiences!