“Cant wait to come back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Towers of Chevron Renaissance

Save Saved
You added Towers of Chevron Renaissance to your Saves list
Towers of Chevron Renaissance
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #43 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Forster, Australia
“Cant wait to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

A friend and I recently stayed for two nights. After doing a quick search on Wotif.com we found a GREAT price for accommodation here and the hotel reception staff were happy to match the deal. Our Apartment had two bedrooms and one bathroom and faced the Hinterland. the views were perfect!, location was perfect! pool was stunning and furnishings/presentation of our apartment could not be faulted. Still cannot believe the price was so good!! wish we could have stayed longer. A special mention to Jill in reception for her helpfulness and friendliness. Well Done!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, it is so great to read.

I have to agree, the view of the hinterland with all the lights at night is spectacular. I have also passed on your comments to Jill

Thank you again for your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

1,046 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Towers of Chevron Renaissance is an exclusive, luxurious self-contained condominium with each tower adjacent to one another. Though not a beachfront property, it takes merely a couple of minutes to get to the main beach of Surfers Paradise. If you get lucky like us and be assigned a unit at the higher floors, you will enjoy a magnificent view of the sea, the numerous lagoons sprawled with beautiful villas, each one having their own yacht docked right in front, as well as the lovely hinterlands and the magnificent array of ultra chic skyscrapers. The property also has a wonderfully manicured garden and a bridged swimming pool designed to look like a beach (complete with sand & shore!) and a playground for children. It also has a huge heated indoor pool complete with Jacuzzi and right next door is a very well equipped fitness center, steam bath & sauna. All these facilities are accessible free of charge to every hotel guest. I find the lobby tho' a bit disappointing as it isn't as luxuriously furbished as one would expect. Since there were constructions going on around the area in preparation of the forthcoming Australian Indy Car Rally, traffic was being re-routed. We had difficulty at first finding the entrance to Chevron (altho' the towers were already visible to us) so I phoned the reception to ask for directions and got a quite unfriendly, impatient and rude woman on the phone. Quite seldom to happen in Australia I must say, 'cos people there especially those in the travel industry are commonly very friendly! After checking in (and mentioning to the receptionist who attended to us the inappropriate behavior of her colleague), we proceeded to our assigned apartment. Chevron I must add is secured like a fortress! You can only access the specific tower where you have been assigned to stay. Except for the main lobby, each foyer or any other common entrance; to the garden, pools, gym or elevators can only be opened by swiping your issued guest card. Non-residents/visitors can't simply enter the premises and I find this very assuring! Our unit was a sprawling 3-bedroom apartment with 3 separate baths, living room, open spaced fully equipped kitchen, a foyer and a utility room for laundry. It was so big one can easily get confused in finding his way around. All over the apartment are huge bay windows and sliding doors that lead to a long terrace providing excellent views regardless at which area of the apartment you stand. As the units are individually owned, the style of furnishings differ. We got one that (in my taste) is a bit too masculine and somehow cold & bare although very modern. Well I suppose the unit must belong to a man as it is bereft of a woman's touch! Nevertheless, everything else was above standard. We had a great time!

Room Tip: Surfer's Paradise can get very noisy at night and Chevron is located on a main thoroughway so re...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your informative review. It is with your feedback that we are able to ensure that our property may continue to provide our guests with a holiday they will not forget.
I agree with you our resorts location is suburb and the views are breathtaking. Thank you for noticing the work of our grounds staff. Our pools are cleaned daily and surrounding grounds are kept in meticulous condition.
The service you received from our staff is certainly not the service we pride ourselves on. All staff members will be spoken to and we can only apologise that on this occasion their service was not up to our usual standard
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other potential visitors we will look forward to your return in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

On arrival I went into what I thought was the primary reception area on the corner at the front of the building, which was unattended. It turned out to be the resident’s entrance and not the hotel reception. I asked a local passer-by and he directed me about 40m further up the road to the correct second entrance, which was unfortunately just the start of the maze.

I checked in with a blonde lady that I would hate to ever pi*s-off. It seemed she had answered to many questions regarding directions to rooms, much more than she ever would have preferred to. She abruptly sketched me a map and rattled of something about parking in one tower third gate on the left up the ramp and some colour coding, and then going across to another tower to find my room. I couldn’t take it all in but was too afraid to tell her that.

After fooling around lost and confused for almost 40 minutes with secondary unattended reception desks and other complications, I then found the correct car park, then the right tower.... and consequentially the right level and eventually the right room. The whole time I was muttering “I bet it really easy when you know how”. Coming from my life traveling and living in Asia, I more than most thought a 5-minute helping hand from a check-in concierge would have made my first impressions of the place so much brighter.

It was equally confusing trying to find access to the mall and shops...for the first day walking right around out the front and up through the car park. After finding out how, again it became easy.

The room was nice, the location was good.... at least they don’t charge (like wounded bulls) for parking in Gold Coast hotels, unlike in Brisbane up the road.

After 3 days I was checking out. I found a lady lost in the car park asking me about all the same things I was confused over on my first day. I said I agreed it was confusing, and I can’t be sure and didn’t want to send her in the wrong direction, so I suggested she go back and ask reception (the second one on the ground floor in the other Tower!) She said she didn’t want to go back because the lady on the reception was rude! ....oh really?!!

Anyway, you soon learn why some places have 50% off for 3 night sales...as the pool was closed and the building was being cleaned or painted so construction workers passing by on platforms look right in at us ....even on the 9th floor.

I didn’t like the Gold Coast, and I didn’t enjoy my stay at Chevron Renaissance very much.

If this review has been helpful in any way please click my Helpful button so I know that my review is being enjoyed and is useful, as I only take the time to do it to help other travelers, so this is the only way I can know if I really have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
appreciate the time spent writing your review, it is with your feedback we can improve our overall product and standards.
We can understand we are a large resort and just like any other large resort it does require a bit of navigation to get around. A lot of information is told to guest’s on arrival and can be overwhelming at first, we hope by giving the printed information that this assist guests should they get lost or confused. We only have one reception desk and this is signed from the first main entrance into the resort. Please note your comment regarding the pool – the pool you have mentioned is the indoor pool. It was unexpectedly closed due to urgent testing requirements. I can confirm the pool is now reopened. Please also be aware this does not reflect the price you had paid.
The service you received upon check-in is certainly not acceptable. Positive steps from management have been implemented to ensure the customer service improves to the expectable standard.
I am glad you enjoyed your apartment and our location. Our central location makes it easy to explore all that the Gold Coast has to offer.
I can understand your disappointment, however we do have a lot of guests who return yearly and respect that the Gold Coast isn’t for you.
If I can assist you with anything further please do not hesitate to contact me.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

some friends and I decided to go to the gold coast for a nice night away, we booked the two bed two bathroom at chevron towers, check in was fine but when we entered the room it was horrible, the lounge was falling apart with all the fake leather peeling off In big patches, the rooms stunk, some lights didn't work, the pool was so overcrowded we didn't even bother to swim. Try another place only positive for this place atm is its location.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
chevrontowers, Front Office Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 12, 2013

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your allocated apartment. We are currently in the process of apartment upgrades. In order for us to have our Quality Control Officer and Maintenance Manager do a full assessment on this apartment can you please email me directly on stay@chevrontowers.com.au with your surname or the apartment number you stayed in.
We are centrally located with everything you need at your doorstep. I am sorry on this occasion we let you down however should you choose to stay with us again please contact me directly on 07 5584 8100
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights and to be honest I was very nervous after booking given the latest reviews. We arrived at the apartments at 11:00pm knowing that there was late check in, pressed the buzzer and the buzzer kept beeping at Us?? Luckily there were people waiting inside who let us inside the doors. We headed to reception and following instructions to us phone, it automatically called through to after hours service who asked a couple of questions and advised the pin to access a specific numbered box with instructions and room key inside. We got a little confused which entrance to use for parking at first even though instructions were very specific, had no trouble finding a parking spot on the first night (Wednesday). The reception, entrance ways, lifts and halls were beautiful, very modern. Security was fantastic, could only access room and facilities that were applicable to us which provided extra peace if mind. When nearing our room we could smell a very strong paint smell which got worse when we entered which must have been noticible to the cleaner as the balcony door was left ajar to let in fresh air. The two bedroom one bathroom apartment was lovely, quite basic but modern The main bedroom had a queen bed and other room had two singles with extra bedding in cupboards. The apartment had full kitchen, washing machine, dryer, ironing board, iron, washing basket, vacuum cleaner, flat screen tv (in lounge only) shower over bath, and coffee facilities. All furniture seemed new and beds super comfy. We guess that all the room floor/door trims/doors were freshly painted with fumey laminate paint as the smell did not leave during our entire stay and seemed more prominent when smelling these areas of apartment. There was also sanding dust at top of shower screen and on hair dryer. I did mention the strong smell to reception and her comment was "wow that's weird" when asking if safe to leave all balcony doors ajar to make it nicer for our return. She mentioned that she would send someone up to look at ability to lock sliding doors open (needed additional key to do this) to make our valuables more safe but did not hear anything more about it and was not fixed upon our return so doors were left open all day :( as we did late check in I had to go down to check in to reception properly at this time a $200 bond was held on my credit card, I was asked if I required another key, and was advised to come back in a few hours to collect as new programming needed to be done on security fob?? There is a large amount of car parking, quite a few say no parking/reserved and only had issues on Saturday night trying to find space, got one on the third floor :) There is 4 lifts which do a fantastic job, so fast!! It is only a very short stroll to the beach of which has night markets regularly, right near the mall and supermarket/shops underneath which was very handy. The indoor pools heat fluctuated from one day to the next, two of the nights it was extremely cold, spa was toasty warm :) there is an outdoor spa also which is lovely but unfortunately found it on the last night as it sits behind the beach pool. The undercover BBQ facilities equipped with electric bbqs, scrapers, sinks and lounges was lovely, can imagine sitting there watching the sunset eating dinner. A children's playground was next to pool and grassed area. These apartments are not ongoingly serviced without cost, but for the great deal we got on our stay we were more than happy to wash and dry our own towels, buy washing up/laundry liquid and toilet paper. We will Definately be staying here again if given the same type of deal next time, only reason for 4stars is due to the smell in our room which did make it unpleasant of a night with headaches and sore throats the next morning. Our room was 3081 on the 8th floor and provided nice views.

• Stayed August 2013
chevrontowers, Owner at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your informative review. We are delighted you and your family had a great stay.
I have looked into your booking and can see some of the walls had been painted the week prior. We are currently assessing all apartments and contacting the owners for upgrades and refurbishments. I apologise that the smell was still in the apartment for your stay. The lady at reception was correct in telling you we needed to program your fob – it was a new key and we needed to match the fob with the room key.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was travelling with three children and staying for 8 days. I chose this place because it was close to the main beach, it had free parking and walking distance from a supermarket so I could do the shopping easily.
I had the 38 th floor centre apartment with a view of the hinterland...or whatever they call it but not the ocean. At first I was tempted to get the room changed then remembered about the street noise issue so I was glad to stay higher up...turns out it was a good call. It still had city noise but nothing like the bottom 25 floors.

The apartment smelled badly of cleaning chemicals and the bed side draws were really really dusty. I complained and they said they could do something about it but I just cleaned it myself...it took two days for the small of the cleaning stuff to disappear.

The place is run with skeleton staff levels but they are very nice and as helpful as can be...if I was expecting a 4-5 star experience I would have been disappointed but I adjusted my expectations based on the room price and I found it to be totally acceptable.

the coles super market and bottle store were just a walk away and were super handy

Room Tip: Go high to avoid room noise from the street and don't going during schoolies week!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, General Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks for your insight! We are very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay in the resort and your visit to Surfers Paradise. The Towers of Chevron Renaissance is extremely well located with everything you need at your doorstep. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 28 year old daughter and we all loved it. We were up on the 18th floor so the views were lovely. We were right in the centre of everything with just a 5 minute walk to the beach. The complex is amazing and the security very reassuring. The pool and leisure facilities including beach, were on the 5th floor and were amazing. It was winter when we were there so we didn't get to use the facilities much but we would love to go back in the summer. Our apartment was very clean and comfortable although the furniture was not of the highest quality and I would have preferred the kitchen to be better stocked with better quality cutlery, crockery etc.. Having said that, we did manage with what we were given but it would have been nice to even have had some proper sized mugs to drink out of.
There is a LOT of construction work going on in Surfers at the moment as they are updating the road and tram systems so it was a bit noisy by 7am but we are early risers so it didn't bother us too much. The staff were very pleasant and helpful too.
We still very much enjoyed our stay and would go again.

Room Tip: Check the roadworks
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Public Relations Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We are so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our central location and our world class facilities.
The construction of the light rail is due to be completed soon and it surely will be a great feature to the Gold Coast.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.

Been to Towers of Chevron Renaissance? Share your experiences!