“Disapointed 4 Stars Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Towers of Chevron Renaissance

Save Saved
You added Towers of Chevron Renaissance to your Saves list
Towers of Chevron Renaissance
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
AUD115 (AUD)
Hong Kong, China
“Disapointed 4 Stars Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My first time to stay in Gold Coast in New Year 2013 for 3 nights. Booked a flat of 2 bedrooms through the website of Towers of Chevron Renaissance. It is the so-called 4 stars rating but I do not see worth to have 4 stars. The lobby was big and grand but the room was small beyond expectation. The washroom with bath, shower was small and dirty. The floor in the living room was dirty and sticky. The kitchen utensils were not clean. No wardrobe in one bedroom. The table and chairs at the balcony were very dirty, so we could not sit at the balcony to enjoy our breakfast though the balcony view was good.
There was no oven tray in the oven. I made the request after 6p.m on the first day but the lobby reception desk was closed. The telephone answering staff told me that the oven tray could only be provided on the next day. What should I do with my food (oven cooked) bought for the dinner?
The next morning before I went out for sightseeing, I told the reception desk staff to arrange oven tray to my room. However when I returned my room at 5.30p.m, still no oven tray!.
I immediately went down to ask the reception desk staff (another one) who was so busy to tidy up the reception counter for closing. She promised me to take the oven tray to my room later. But I had no confidence of their service, I sat in the lobby waiting for her as all my food were waiting for the oven tray. 15 minutes later, the staff saw me still sitting in the lobby. She took serious attitude to make a promise. I thus returned to my room and the tinfoil oven trays finally arrived my room within 30 minutes.
The 3rd morning, I complained it to the reception desk staff whom I said on the 2nd morning. She recognised me but she said having told the worker to send oven tray to my room yesterday. I was disappointed of the service in this so-called 4 stars hotel. The oven tray should be in my room when I checked in, not until I noticed and made several requests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment.
There is NO excuse for an unclean room, and I can ensure you that this is not our normal standard.

Fung E, please contact us directly on 07 5584 8100 when booking your next holiday as we would love to welcome you back for you to experience the true Chevron standards.

909 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place is filthy!!How is this place fully booked?? We stayed in tower 2 on the 31st floor. From the moment the lift opened, there is a terrible smell on this floor. Then when we opened the door to our apartment the smell got worse!! We realised this smell happened at certain times of the day, and in our apartment, if you used the air conditioner, it smelt worse! We couldn't use our air con and had to keep our balcony doors open at night, so with the noise it was hard to sleep. This didn't concern anyone at reception as they wouldn't move us, even though we could hardly sleep from the noise! Why is there no 24 hour reception desk with so many units, and no manager on duty on the weekends?? I realised those that complained and did get moved, had booked direct with the hotel. Was it just coincidence that I had booked with Discover Qld, paid less than the hotel rate, and no consideration given to the fact that the room stunk, we had to leave our balcony doors open in the heat of the day, and night, which meant none of us got a good night sleep for 10 days??? I wasn't advised I would be treated like crap had I not booked direct with hotel, otherwise I would have booked direct and paid more!! Others who had booked direct, told us around the pool, they had been moved when they complained. We arrived to find our apartment had not been cleaned. As housekeeping goes home early, the poor receptionist had to clean our room, it was filth, hair everywhere, and the chair in the second bedroom was covered in loose tobacco, obviously a left over from schoolies!! Cigarette on balcony, floor of balcony and chairs have never been cleaned, couch all fraying, pillows smelt, no cover on main bed, bathroom filthy, chairs in kitchen covered in sand!! The airconditioning filters had never been changed, if you wanted to use it, it was definately a health hazzard. The skirtings have never been dusted, the cream carpet is grey from the dust, the entire perimeter of the apartment. the walls were all damaged, the bedside lights worked sometimes, other times we thought we were going to be electocuted!! The shower didnt drain properly, so by the time you had a shower, it was ankle deep. A mini service half way through the stay, was make the beds (no sheet change) and dump towels on the kitchen table, after 5 days for a 10 day stay!! No floor clean or rubbish removal (1 bag in bathroom litter bin), no removal of old towels!! After complaint, they came and cleaned the room!! May I also point out that all the housekeeping staff we saw in the lifts pushing the housekeeping carts were young kids and backpackers!! Note to hotel, Kids are not cleaners!! The receptionist that cleaned our room when we checked in, even told us they had changed cleaning companies this year, to what, backpackers??? We ate out every night as there was no way I was cooking in there!! The pool was overcrowded, if you weren't at the pool by 8.30am, forget a sunlounger!! As it is not cleaned on weekends, so by monday the water stunk!! Definately not relaxing when you have to fight for a chair around the pool!! The toilets near the pool were not cleaned all day and they were filthy by the end of the day!! The poor security guard spent his time looking up at balconies to see where things were being thrown from above!! And telling kids to stay off rocks, when the signs clearly told everyone to stay off!! The second pool had to be shut down one day, as someone threw a glass into the pool from a verandah above!! All I can say is that me and my family will never be back again!! Compared to where we always stay in Broadbeach, this is filthy, overcrowded, noisy and crap!! So what if Coles is underneath, and you can stay somewhere cleaner and less crowded and walk for 5 mins for groceries? I just dont understand the appeal of this place!!! The surrounding area is also overcrowded, noisy and not too many nice dining options, lots of take away and fast food. I will never stay hear again, and generally the comments around the pool were all complaints of dirty rooms and things not working in rooms. They would want to pick up there game when it comes to maintenance and cleanliness!! I have travelled to Bali, Fiji, Maldives, Canada, America, Europe, Singapore & Hawaii and many parts of Australia, in many varying types of accomodation, and I have never stayed in anything so filthy in all my life!! I didn't expect hotel service as these are apartments, but I expected a clean room!!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room if they exist!! Obviously they do because some people have made positive re...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Busselton, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very poor. The apartment was filthy. The dishwasher didn't work, so all the plates & cutlery had not been cleaned properly. The balcony, windows and furniture were covered in smeary marks. The beds had not all been made up and there was not enough bedding. The airconditioning did not seem to work so we had to leave the balcony doors open for the breeze. This however was not a very pleasant option because of the noise from the streets below. The pool area was also not clean and was very crowded.
We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment which was a very good size. The apartments are central to shops, dining options and attractions.
We would not stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Reading the other views that were posted, I was suprised at the significant differences that i experienced to what others had experienced. We had a three bedroom apartment on the 30th floor (i think) which had a fantastic view and was in a great location. My room was clean and was free of any damage. The couches and beds were comfortable and had good choice of channels on the T.V. The pool and gym were great. The pool was huge so there was plenty of room for other guests and you didn't feel like you were overcrowded at all

Overall, a good experience and might be back, or might try a few other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed hear on family holiday for 10nights in tower 1 on the eight floor - Room 1081 2bedrooms 1bathroom. The apartment was perfect - enough space for family of 4 with cable TV, video player, Airco, laundry and comfortable furnishings with great views from all windows/balconies.
We booked via STAYZ.COM Gold Coast Holidays at a much cheaper rate than direct, apartment is not serviced, and you have to ensure you clean and leave it as found on checkout. The apartment was clean and everything in pretty good working condition, beds comfortable, clean sheets and bath towels. There was complimentary tea and coffee satchels and a set of vanity items to get us started, you then need to bring/shop for all your goods including toilet paper. There was a small amount of washing up detergent and washing powder but not sure if it was left over from previous or provided as complimentary. Parking was included.
The apartment was quite sound proof - we did not hear any neighbour noises and hopefully they did not hear our crew either!. Fantastic location and wonderful amenities - BBQs by the pool, lift down to shopping mall with restaurants, entertainment and a coles shopping centre. These apartments are surrounded by shops and are about a block up from the Cavill Mall and beach. (Bring beach towels). There are three apartment towers that are interconnected on the 5th floor level with access to the gym and pool facilities.
My mother and aunt stayed in Tower 3 on the 30th floor (which was way too high for my liking - but AMAZING views and their apartment was a little nicer in its furnishings and larger - with TV in bedrooms. As apartments through STAYZ are privately owned- there seems a little variability between them - but the booking agent sends you phtotos to choose.
I am sure we will book again for future Gold Coast holidays!!

Room Tip: Ask booking agent to send you phtotos to choose an apartment right for you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your feed back.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Towers of Chevron in the future.
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great location just a lift ride down to the shops and supermarket. Pools were stunning with lovely gardens. Rooms were large with lovely views. Very clean had everything for the perfect family holiday. Air conditioning was great in the heat to chill out in the comfortable rooms. Kids were very safe to wonder off on there own and exploxer the hotel. Would stay again for location if nothing else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
chevrontowers, Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and also to comment on the presentation, cleanliness and amazing apartment.
The views are breathtaking!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in the Sky Tower and the only good thing about this accommodation was its location. From the first moment we stepped into the apartment things weren't up to standard. There were not fitted sheets on the beds, only a doona cover with no case and a sheet. there were only 3 rolls of toilet paper in the whole apartment for 6 guests for 7 nights, one of the toilets seats were broken, the carpets were dirty and ripped, there were cables hanging out of the walls near the TV, the dishwasher was full and dirty when we arrived, there were only 5 drinking glasses in the whole apartment and no washing up liquid or dish washing detergent.

It was 35 degrees when we were there and the air conditioner wasn't working from the moment we got there. We called the owner to fix it and he said to talk to the real estate people. We spoke to them and they said there was nothing they could do for 2 days until someone could come and look at it. We asked for fans in the mean time and their words were 'I am not a miracle worker, where do you think I would find some fans' and didn't supply us with any remedies in the mean time.

When trying to complain about these issues I left a message with the company 4 separate times to call me back and they never returned my call.

I will never be staying here, or anywhere looked after by these people ever again, it ruined our holiday.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Towers of Chevron Renaissance? Share your experiences!