My first time to stay in Gold Coast in New Year 2013 for 3 nights. Booked a flat of 2 bedrooms through the website of Towers of Chevron Renaissance. It is the so-called 4 stars rating but I do not see worth to have 4 stars. The lobby was big and grand but the room was small beyond expectation. The washroom with bath, shower was small and dirty. The floor in the living room was dirty and sticky. The kitchen utensils were not clean. No wardrobe in one bedroom. The table and chairs at the balcony were very dirty, so we could not sit at the balcony to enjoy our breakfast though the balcony view was good.
There was no oven tray in the oven. I made the request after 6p.m on the first day but the lobby reception desk was closed. The telephone answering staff told me that the oven tray could only be provided on the next day. What should I do with my food (oven cooked) bought for the dinner?
The next morning before I went out for sightseeing, I told the reception desk staff to arrange oven tray to my room. However when I returned my room at 5.30p.m, still no oven tray!.
I immediately went down to ask the reception desk staff (another one) who was so busy to tidy up the reception counter for closing. She promised me to take the oven tray to my room later. But I had no confidence of their service, I sat in the lobby waiting for her as all my food were waiting for the oven tray. 15 minutes later, the staff saw me still sitting in the lobby. She took serious attitude to make a promise. I thus returned to my room and the tinfoil oven trays finally arrived my room within 30 minutes.
The 3rd morning, I complained it to the reception desk staff whom I said on the 2nd morning. She recognised me but she said having told the worker to send oven tray to my room yesterday. I was disappointed of the service in this so-called 4 stars hotel. The oven tray should be in my room when I checked in, not until I noticed and made several requests.
- Also Known As:
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Hotel
- Hotel Of Chevron Renaissance
- Renaissance Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Renaissance
- Towers Of Chevron Renaissance Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towers of Chevron Renaissance offers a new level in contemporary lifestyle, located in the heart of Surfers Paradise. The complex consists of 3 majestic towers rising 50 levels, featuring one, two or three bedroom, fully serviced, self contained luxury apartments. Set in private landscaped gardens and manicured lawns, facilities include a 600sqm bell shaped pool surrounded by sandy beaches, a 25m lap pool, spas, saunas, barbeque areas, a gymnasium, children's playground and games room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Towers of Chevron Renaissance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.