“WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Towers of Chevron Renaissance

You added Towers of Chevron Renaissance to your Saves list
Towers of Chevron Renaissance
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   23 Ferny Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
South Australia
“WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

PROS.
The bathrooms where clean and modern and beds where comfortable. There is a FULL kitchen including oven and views to die for, three balcony's. You are right in the heart of surfers. We were on the 15th floor and we had no road noise. Catch the lift down to the ground floor, walk 50m in a shopping mall and you are at coles. Three pools, one indoor
CONS.
Where do I start. We stayed here last year and I was looking forward to something like what we had ...But I was in for a Huge disappointment. The room floor was very dirty. I had to clean the oven before I could use it, grease all over the door. The hot plate was also dirty. At some point they must of thought of putting in surround sound, but did not finish as there where cords laying all over the floor near the TV, that had very poor reception. There was filth under the lounges. We are all non smokers, but we had to look at other peoples smoke butt's on the floor of our balcony that were not cleaned up. For the 7 days we stayed in the room we found and killed THREE cockroaches.
OVERALL.
VERY DISAPPOINTED. Paid under $800.00 for the week, don't think it was worth that. Was this a one off and did I have the only crap room in the building? Would I stay again?
Not sure I would, definitely not on floor 15, that is for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Korean first
Tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Just completed a 8 night stay and I really like this site. Booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment via "My Bookings/ GCHR.com.au which is my tip to get the best price available with photo's of the suite you are booking.

The good

Really central and close to all that Surfers has to offer, with a Coles supermarket 50m from the lift at the ground floor and 150m from the bus stop to the Theme parks.
Heated indoor pool and spa which is great for the cooler months.
Was so happy with the room and the fact I could see real photos of what where we would staying not here is a set of keys and a room number and good luck.
Booking thru GCHR was able to get a great price saving big $$$

The Bad
Yes it takes 3 days on the first stay to know the layout of the site. As this was our second stay and already had our room keys posted to us we just skipped the front desk and caught the lift up to the room ourselves and went from there.
The outside pool is a write off because it's so cold, thankfully there is a large heated indoor pool. But before complaining check out how many other large indoor pools there are in the Gold Coast!
The beds were hard, but the rest of the equipment within the suite was good.

Overall.
4.5 stars because it's Central, great views, great price for what you get (good sized rooms, pools spas, gym...) Yes the front desk service is not up to that level, if this is important to you may want to try the Marriott Resort which is full on service but big $$$.
Highly recommend this place for families.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Great location with excellent resort facilities. Supermarket central and public bus across the road for cheap transport. The apartment we hired was spotless! No problems at all with lovely couch and large TV. The apartment we found on Stayz.com item 23072 from a lady named Vicki who was helpfull and gave us a fantastic deal. Also has website www.holidaysgoldcoast.net.au. We only paid a deposit and were assured we could pay balance at resort. Felt safe and satisfied with the deal. We will defiantly go back.

• Stayed May 2011
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Got to say I was so confused when trying to decide on whether to stay at Chevron Renaissance or not, I would read excellent reviews then terrible ones but after coming back from 3 nights of pure luxury I’m so happy I put the extra effort into do my research well before booking.

From what I gathered each apartment in this resort is individually owned, the hotel doesn’t own each apartment SO THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME, which would explain why the reviews are so up and down. All I can say is if you are not fussed with which view and apartment type/condition you get then by all means book online with the onsite managers/travel agent but if you want to know what you getting before you arrive book with an agent who can show you exactly what you will be staying in.

I have 3 small children and we don’t get the chance to go away that often so it was important for both me and my family that we were happy and got a CLEAN and well maintained apartment. We stayed on the 18th floor in a stunning 3 bedroom apartment, it was very well sized and accommodated out family of 6 easy, there was a large lounge room, dining area and luxurious kitchen.

2 bedrooms overlooked the river and the main bedroom (with huge comfy king sized bed) looked over the ocean and pool below and had its own huge plasma.. bigger than the one I have at home lol. The owner or manage had done a great job in pleasing me because there was not one thing I could fault! The balcony also had a view over the ocean and lagoon pool which looked so pretty at night when it’s all lit up. We didn’t check in at reception we were personally met at the resort and then the check in agent showed us up to our room (which I thought was a nice touch and good because there are 3 towers and it was easy to get lost)!

Were from Sydney and the pool outside was great, didn’t find it cold at all but the smaller kids had an absolute ball because it’s like a private little beach with sand etc which they played in for hours and gave mum and dad a good chance to relax! Location was superb, we didn’t want the extra expense of a hire car and honestly you don’t need it, you can walk everywhere within 1-2 minutes!

Our friends stayed on level 22 and they had old TV’s (not plasmas) and the carpet in their apartment was foul full of stains, but they booked with another company. Over I was very happy, just a tip too we asked for a discount when we booked and the agency gave us an excellent deal with saved us over $400 compared to booking with the travel agent! Good to put towards the family pass to the theme parks!

Room Tip: ask for photos of the exact unit you book
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Wonderful location in the heart of Surfers with great shopping, fantastic facilities for all ages.
The kids loved the big beach pool whilst I swam in the heated lap pool and worked out in the well equipped gym, then we all went to the beach and spent time in Infinity and Ripley's Believe it or Not. All the best attractions were within walking distance as well as the shopping.
The best location along the whole strip.

• Stayed March 2011
, Manager at Towers of Chevron Renaissance, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Ariadne238

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Like many previous guest that have enjoyed our service and location we are pleased that you found everything quite central,

We look forward to your return visit to the Gold Coast and I'm sure you will be back to stay with us

adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This cannot be rated 4.5 stars!!! I have stayed in 2.5 and 3 star hotels in Europe that were cleaner than this. The 2 apartments we stayed in were dirty especially one of them having cockroaches and an ant infestation in the bathroom. In the same apartment the a bed was snapped in the middle, the air-conditioner did not work, neither did one of the TV's or the fans in the toilets. And the carpets are torn in various places. The toilets had a very bad smell and were not cleaned before our stay, there were hairs all over the cistern and the bowl. (took photo's as proof). They have a policy saying that if you leave the place dirty you will be charged cleaning fees, I am actually thinking of sending them an invoice for my cleaning services, and for the cleaning products we purchased to sanitise the place. The place is a maze, the signage is poor especially in the carpark. We were not greeted, we were not given maps, (as management might retort) and the directions were given to us at lightning speed together with a poor quality grey scale photocopy showing the position of the 3 towers. The girl behind the front desk didn't even look at us in the face while we were talking to her, and she couldn't wait for us to buzz off!!!, I don't know what the hurry was, it's not like it was busy, Surfers was dead, there were no people around and the retail shops and cafe's were all desperate for sales, you can really tell on their faces that there is a financial crises!!!! All in all, the position is great!!! Having Coles below is an advantage. Just be prepared to clean the bathrooms, all the crockery and cutlery and microwave and oven and fridge yourselves.,.....I love the Gold coast and will return again and again, but at a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Many thanks for posting feedback on your recent stay at The Towers of Chevron Renaissance

I was really disappointed to read your feedback regarding our customer service as it is an area of our business that we have really worked hard on.

I apologise on behalf of my team for the shortfall in our service and room condition I would be grateful if you could contact me personally to give me the room number that you stayed in so that we can ensure that the bed and other issued are fixed properly as I would hate to think that there is still a temporary measure in place.

I hope you will take the opportunity to revisit The Chevron Towers in the future to see the improvements that we have implemented.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We just came back from an 8-night stay in a 3-bedroom apartment (2404) in Tower 2, level 40, room 4. We booked directly through the hotel via Sunlover Holidays after speaking to Francois (Reservations Manager at Chevron) who told us the pros of booking directly rather than with companies like Stayz or GCHR who rents out privately owned apartments.

Chevron Renaissance is very well located right in the heart of Surfers with Coles and many restaurants downstairs. It’s a perfect place for a family holiday. When we booked the apartment we requested for Tower 2, specific bedding configuration, etc and I have to say, this is the first time after staying in so many hotels around the world that EVERY SINGLE one of my request was met!. So, thank you Chevron for listening to your customer’s requests! In fact they went above and beyond by even giving us an ocean view apartment which we didn’t even request for because we thought it would never been given as surely we would have to pay more for an ocean view.

Francois and the ladies at reception were very pleasant to deal with.

The 3-bedroom apartment was a good size for 5 adults and a child. There were 2.5 bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. There are more than enough lifts, plenty of parking and we had no problems finding the right tower, apartment or parking……so I’m not sure what some of the previous reviewers meant when they said it got confusing.

Previous reviewers also complained about not enough toilet rolls? We had plenty. Each bathroom came with three extra toilet rolls and was replenished on the 4th day when housekeeping came and cleaned the apartment.

There are number of things than can be improved on:
- Housekeeping could do a better job cleaning the apartment as there is quite a lot of dust on surfaces and even a pair of used insoles found under the side table in the master bedroom. The plates and cutlery had to be re-washed as they were still greasy from previous use. Does housekeeping rewash the plates and cutlery after each guest? It appears that the previous guests washed them without using detergent because they ran out?
- The woollen blankets in the wardrobes needs to be cleaned as it was smelly from previous use.
- The sofas in the lounge room need to be cleaned. The arms of the sofas are very dirty and we could smell body odour on the sofas (smells like people have been sitting on them with no clothes on)
- The light carpet while very nice when new now needs a good steam clean
- The sheer curtains in the lounge room were full of mould. We told reception and they came and took it away for cleaning on the same day.
- As we stayed 8 nights, housekeeping came on the 4th day to clean the apartment. They gave us fresh towels, made the beds, new shampoo, conditioner but NO SOAP! Why did they give us more shampoo and conditioner but no soap? It wasn’t a big deal as I just went downstairs to buy soap but it would have been nice not to have to buy a pack of 4 bars of soap which I only used one and had to carry the remainder three bars home.

The above are not criticism but rather suggestions to Chevron on how to further improve on their service. We enjoyed out stay, loved the central location, the convenience of shops and restaurants downstairs and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
I was extremely pleased to read your comments regarding your recent trip to The Towers of Chevron Renaissance.

The team and I are working very hard to ensure we know what matters when it comes to our guests and reading your comments demonstrates that we have managed to deliver this when making your reservation with us.

I cannot stress enough the importance of booking directly with the resort

The views from the 40th floor are truly amazing and I’m glad you and your family got to enjoy it.

In relation to the issues that have been raised regarding our Housekeeping team, please rest assured that this is not common practice here. These matters have been addressed with our team and we appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve on all levels.
I am pleased that the staff was able to assist you once you reported some issues you had.

The team and I look forward to welcoming back to the Towers of Chevron Renaissance in the very near future

Reservations Manager

Been to Towers of Chevron Renaissance? Share your experiences!