Whilst the building and furnishings were great, and the location is also very good. Many little things add up and let this place down.
There was 1 small sachet of powder for the dishwashing machine, to last a week ??
There was 1 small sachet of dish liquid for the kitchen sink, to last a week ??
There was 1 roll of toilet paper in each toilet, again to last a week for a family ??
There were not enough blankets available for the rooms.
Doors and windows to the balconies are poorly sealed, letting in a lot of noise when the wind blows, and street noise below is not blocked much at all. Could all be fixed with some well placed silicon on the non-moving parts, and rubber seals or the like where it did move.
Wi-Fi costs are high, but should be free or included in the cost of the room. Broadband isnt too expensive for them to buy.
The Spa and Indoor Pool were not hot enough, and the outside pool was very cold, but it did improve by the end of our stay... maybe too many complaints.
There is no advertising, notification or compensation by offering lower rates for a stay due to the massive amount of roadworks in the streets surrounding 3 sides of the apartments. The noise from the works, goes through most of the night. Very disturbing... take your ear plugs if you choose to go here.
I would go back here again if these things were fixed in the apartment, but no way go back there again until the roadworks for the light rail have been completed... but then again, you have to see how much noise the light rail system will generate.... and will it be an annoyance?
- Also Known As:
- Regent Apartments Hotel
- Regent Apartments Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Regent Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Regent
- Regent Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Regent Apartments offers an abundance of leisure and holiday activities in a great central location. Enjoy a game of tennis on the full size tennis court or relax with a soothing sauna. How about a swim in one of the two swimming pools – the fabulous indoor heated pool and spa or the heated outdoor pool with its fantastic water slide – a real favourite with the kids. Maybe a quiet BBQ with the family in the covered entertainment area. Utilize the free basement car parking or the public transport to all theme parks and attractions just outside the front door. Accommodation consists of very spacious air conditioned, 1 and 2 bedroom standard or superior apartments and one 3 bedroom rooftop apartment. Run by the friendly, professional on site management team. The Regent Apartments is ‘Perfect for the Whole Family.’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Regent Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.