“A great place for a holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breakers North

You added Breakers North to your Saves list
Breakers North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Old Burleigh Road, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“A great place for a holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Great Location . We are booked again for 3weeks.
A great place to relax and enjoy the great views.right on the beach with great facilities. Great staff that are very helpful.
Looking forward to enjoying what they offer .
We have stayed there a number of times,and always great.

Polly. Victoria

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

First time stay and booked online with Last Minute. Chose because of beach access but due to deterioration of sand and boardwalk being closed it was a bit of a jump down to the beach. We had a 2 bedroom beach front unit that was bigger and better than expected. There were 2 negatives the first was the smell outside our unit that was coming from the rubbish room where something had overflowed. The second was after we got home and checking our credit card we found that Breakers had charged us again for the accommodation that had already been paid for and this took a few phone calls to get sorted out to get it reversed. But, I would still recommend this as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for beachfront.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My experience here has been very good. Staff are excellent and friendly. Not too many places say good morning to you. The rooms are clean and modern.
I have enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the day go by. This is exactly what I wanted to do. I have a beachfront apartment (B), and when I do return here, I will again request a beachfront apartment.
Sitting on the balcony in the morning sunshine is very relaxing.
Breakers North is handy to the Oasis, about a 20 minute walk, or you can catch the bus, which is only a short walk away from the apartment. The local bus service runs every 10 minutes and is very handy.
Especially, if you are booked to do the whale watching with Sea World, just hop on the bus, and it drops you off at Sea World, and is a short walk to the Cruise Terminal.
Overall my experience here, has been very relaxing. I was not worried, that I had to change rooms on my 2nd day, as my room was not ready till Sunday. I did have a great view from the first apartment on the 14th Floor, then on Sunday I was moved to the 7th Floor. Fantastic views from both floors.
The grounds are well kept, pool, spa, tennis court, bbq area are all well maintained.
I like the security on the property. To have only access to you own floor is an excellent idea.
I will be back.
My parents are coming back this month, and they love it here. They have stayed here a number of times now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Second time my family and I have stayed at breakers north and it keeps getting better, modern clean rooms, out the door and on the beach. Sitting on balcony in morning sun eating breakfast overlooking the ocean. This is where a surfers paradise holiday begins. Take a look at Breakers North. We be sure to return again and again. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nothing bad to report on our stay, was enjoyable and was handy to what we needed to do.
Nice room with everything we needed. Front of house were not over friendly but did their job in instructing us on what we needed to know about the establishment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gold Coast, Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Myself and my children just enjoyed 10 days here. It is half way between Surfers and Broadbeach but away from the hustle and bustle. The buses go past every 10 or so minutes in both directions if you didn't feel like a half hour walk. Best of all it is literally a jump and you are on the beach right in front of the lifeguards. The weather was fickle but we swam everyday because the pool and spa were heated. It was never crowded and it had a real family atmosphere. If I had one suggestion, it would be to have some kind of shade around the pool.

Even though our room was on the 3rd floor we still had a great view over the pool and beach. I booked last minute so didn't have high expectations but it was lovely,clean and very spacious. The kitchen and bathrooms were very new and modern and had everything we needed. Keep in mind this a holiday rental not someones home, and you will be more than happy.

Jim on the desk was very pleasant and easy going which is what i would expect at a holiday apartment complex. Any problems I had were quickly dealt with even though they were minor. He even helped me with a simple job like setting up the dvd player for my children which most people can manage (except me).

Yes there is free wi fi but don't choose to stay here for that reason alone. It can be dodgy but I managed just fine with it when I sat out on the balcony which was no hardship.

I would stay here again and recommend it to others as I hope i just have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Colchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Firstly on arrival I was greeted by some grumpy man who really looked like he didn't want to be there. Finally checked in, after it taking him ages to get motivated to find the paperwork! The apartment looked and smelt like it hadn't been cleaned since last people, only tidied and new sheets and towels. The only plus to this place is you are right on the beach. I certainly wouldn't stay there again, nor would I recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Breakers North? Share your experiences!