“Q1 hotel stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Q1 Resort and Spa

Booking.com Orbitz.com
Q1 Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   9 Hamilton Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Special Price
15% off your next stay
Melbourne, Australia
“Q1 hotel stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

came back recently from the gold coast stayed 4 nights at the q1 .lovely looking hotel but had a few gripes pools look amazing but are way too cold.i think it would have been lovely if they were heated. indoor pool was a health risk zone . apartment we stayed in was nice but had a very poor view.couldn't sleep properly because of the window blinds rattling all night begged for a higher floor but they said they could'nt help us out. some staff working there weren't that keen to be there or make our stay more welcome.. wish our room was serviced more frequent...1 last thing why do guests staying in this hotel have to pay to go up to the top observation deck for the view when they are paying top rates anyway to stay here. it should be complimentary....

Room Tip: Try and get the highest floor possible for your stay.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear annemarie877,

Thankyou for staying with us recently at Q1 Resort and Spa and we appreciate your feedback on-line.
I am pleased that the apartment you stayed in was great but was concerned the view was not as you expected. Q1 Resort has different room types, some are on higher levels than others and the height of the apartment type is also dependent on the type of accommodation, whilst all requests are acknowledged, sometimes we cannot fulfill due to availability restrictions. The indoor pool is heated to 28 degrees celsius and is compliant with all laws. You did not explain in which way you felt it was a health risk zone. I am sorry that the blinds rattled in your sleep, this will be reported to our Maintenance Manager.
Skypoint observation deck is a major Surfers Paradise tourist atraction and is owned and operated by Dreamworld, a seperate business to Q1 Resort. However, Q1 Resort does offerr special discounts to Skypoint exclusively for our guests.

Kind Regards,

994 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The 2 bedroom apartments where very clean and spacious! They have two bathrooms which was a life saver..having our 2 12 year old girls with us! The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels daily! The balcony was enclosed which made us feel at ease with the girls! Perfect location..close to everything! Will be back again. Hopefully soon! Phil Equizi, SA

• Stayed March 2014
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Overall was pretty happy with our stay at Q1- the rooms were very spacious and included spa baths. The hotel itself had good facilities including 2 outdoor pools and an indoor pool with spa. We also went up to the observation deck and had a nice high tea up there looking over all of surfers paradise :) was very nice

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cootamundra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The facilities at the q1 are great the staff are always good and the location is great but I think the maintenance needs attention for the reputation it has it lacks quality these days I have spent thousands of dollars over the past 6 years staying here about 15 times and introducing that many new faces to the q1 and I sent a email last time I stayed there in December and never got a reply from q1 management so I'm under the impression they don't care about there clients feed back or queries so I was dissapointed with that but I went back and stayed in march/ April my freind was wrapped but I was dissapointed with our room carpets stained door half jammed blinds frayed yeah not a resort feel about the room I wanna go back but I need some sought of incentive to do this help me out here management

Room Tip: Ocean view apartments are very nice it's a great place 3 years ago and still is you can't re...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Darrell S,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your many stays with Q1. We appreciate that you are one of our regular guests and look forawrd to your next stay with us and thank you for your positive word of mouth referreals too.

I was concerned to read that you sent us an email back in December that we did'nt respond to. It is our policy to respond to emails in a timely manner and I apologise for this. I invite you to resnd it to us if you still have it on file and we will ensure that this is followed up. I am sorry that your last stay was not as excellent as your previous ones and this will be forwarded to Management to ensure that your next stay will be a great improvement.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The view from our room on the 43rd floor was nothing short of amazing and the unit was well appointed but i have a few 'buts' s, some are small some a bit bigger but they would have made our stay a whole lot better.

THE BUTS ...
1. No chopping board
2. No shower caps
3. Having to pay a deposit for a beach towel, and the fact that you need to line up at reception to return it - could there not be a towel pick up/drop off point near the pool?
3. signage EVERYWHERE about what you CAN"T do and the NO PARTY policy - it is very dampening to have this flashed up on very plasma, every wall - I appreciate that at times Surferes Paradise may be overlaoded with teenage party people but in mid March when the tourist population is more family orientated & or friends getting away for some relaxation perhaps the focus could be switch more an atmosphere that is less what you CAN"t do and mpre what is on offer.
4. We never felt like staying on the hotels grounds , food & drinks were discouraged from the pool area and with no hotel bar or restaurant you are forced to go elsewhere.
5. The rooms may not be all the same but ours was an ocean facing room and I feel as though the curtains or window shading needed to be heavier to block out the sun - 3 blinds across one set of windows with gaps inbetween the three are not inducive of a nice holiday sleep.

Room Tip: ocean acing rooms have an amzing view not just of the ocean but up and down the coast - just be prep...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Bridget F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Q1 experience. I am pleased that you loved your apartments' view and the ideal location that Q1 has to offer. However, I was concerned to read that some aspects of the facilities were not up to your expectations and I apologise for this. All Q1 Managed apartments provide a chopping board and I am sorry that your apartment did not have one in supply at the time of your stay. As Q1 serviced apartments are not a hotel, shower caps are not placed in the apartments, however, shower caps are available free of charge at reception; your idea of a towel depsitory is an excellent one and this will be brought to Managements attention for consideration. There is only one plasma screen on the premises installed by the buildings body corporate outlining some of the by-laws of the building, I am sorry if this made you feel uncomfortable.
Our three on site swimming pools and BBQ area often have food and drink consumed around them, this is in fact encouraged as there is a poolside restaurant and bar. The by-laws of the building do however prohibit glassware poolside and loutish behaviour for safety concerns.

south west rocks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we stayed in a 2 bedrooom ocean view apartment with amazing sweeping views up and downthe coast , the rooms were all very clean , the staff were extremely helpfull and polite .
the rain couldnt be helped , so we just worked around that , we still swam ,used the very well appionted gym . we ate at longboards on more than one occassion, we had a ball , i would recomend q1 to anybody , its simply amazing. nothing more to say exept we will be back !

Room Tip: go for the rooms ending in 4 for the best ocean views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner and I went away for our anniversary and we were very excited to be staying at what we believed to be the well regarded Q1. However, we were very disappointed at how tired and unclean our apartment was for our stay. When we saw the frayed curtains, stained and torn couch and the Peninsula building right in the middle of our ocean view, we was disheartened. But because we were so in need of a holiday, we put this aside and were happy to be there.

Although the position of Q1 is great, we were constantly met with reminders of other people who had stayed here before us. The first reminder was when I went for a shower on the first night and turned around to find hair on the wall staring me in the face. This immediately made me wonder if the shower had been cleaned at all. The second reminder was when we woke up on the first morning and noticed that we had spent the night sleeping with someones blood on our pillow case. It was only 10 minutes later when i went to rinse my mouth out after brushing my teeth, that 5 cm's from my eyes, I saw a build up of hair shavings in the sink. This made me feel sick.

We went down to reception and told them of these issues and said they would get someone up right now to get them sorted. We went for breakfast at SkyPoint and when we returned 2 hours later, these issues had not been fixed. It wasn't until approximately 2 hours later when we were settled into a movie/ half asleep, that they came to attend to these issues. This was evidence of the level of importance this issue was for the staff.

Upon leaving, we were expecting to be asked how our stay was. This way we could provide our feedback to the receptionist. When this didn't happen, we thought it would be best to provide this feedback to Q1 and other potential guests through this avenue. Unfortunately these issues have culminated in an unsatisfactory experience for us with Q1.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nippers101, Guest Relations Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear MnMtravellers,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the convenient location of Q1 but was concerned to read that you encountered housekeeping related issues that are clearly not consistent with the Resort's reputation for high cleanliness standards. I am very sorry that your experience was not a positive one and have ensured that our Executive Housekeeper is aware of your stay. Please be assurred that steps will be taken to ensure this does not happen again. Although housekeeping did attend to the report that you made at reception, I apologise for the delay in doing so and for the lack of follow up by reception upon your departure to ensure that your concerns were attended to.
As your review title suggests, I believe your stay would have been very different had you not experienced these issues and urge you to consider staying with us again in the future.

Q1 Resort and Spa

Been to Q1 Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!