My sister bought us 4 nights for our honeymoon. The room was had a great view but the furniture was worn and tattered. We stayed there on the day of our wedding but the bathroom lighting was so dim that my wife couldnt use it to get ready... a bit of a pain. The air con was non existant in the lifts so we sweated profusely in our wedding attire getting to the car. Every time my sister tried to call us in our room she had to wait approx 5 minutes and had to repeatedly ring back in order to get some one to answer the lobby phone. Parking for guests is made to be a big ordeal and 2 staff members were pretty rude (i wont mention names) at the front desk. They acted like they hated their job and hated even speaking to us! And I wasnt even asking extra questions, just basic stuff...
The lobby was nice, except the water features were drained the entire time. I would not class this as 4 star. 4 star means people are nice to you, that furniture is in decent condition and that air con is supplied in general areas. I probably wouldnt stay here again.
on a positive note: the rooms are large, the bed was comfy, the kitchen had pretty much everyhting you need, the "self laundry" was spot on. Half of the staff were fabulous (all male? the females were less than nice). The breakfast was ok, the view is great.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort
- Q1 Resort And Spa Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.