“Great views - lacks "warmth"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Q1 Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Q1 Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Q1 Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   9 Hamilton Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Special Price
15% off your next stay
Ranked #8 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Great views - lacks "warmth"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night - definitely enough. Great views, rooms beautifully furnished and clean. Staff are the issue here - absolutely no interest from front desk ( too busy answering phone calls to be concerned with clients standing in front of them ). Tendency to be rude and a little condescending - some training /changes in this area needed. Compared to other GC resorts, the lack of any warmth or ambience is a big let down for Q1.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Sandra C,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. All feedback is highly valued by the management team and used as an important tool for maintaining the quality for which Q1 is well renowned.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and loved the views from your clean and spacious apartment. I was concerned to read that you did not find the staff to be as friendly and helpful as you had expected. I understand that for many, service is the crucial factor for a memorable Resort experience. Our staff are indoctrinated into a guest focused culture and are carefully monitored so that this is reflected in the attitude of the staff in all thier interactions. I acknowledge and am sorry that your experience was not of the excellent standard Q1 is known for.

1,127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

After staying a week here, I can honestly say that I would never do so again. The pools and spa aren't being maintained. I was able to use the spa for a couple of days until going downstairs on the weekend to find that someone had vomited in it. Yes actually vomited into the spa and down the wall at the back of it! It was sickening to say the least. What was worse was the fact that having returned the following morning to see if the spa had been drained and cleaned, I found that there were now dry remnants of the previous evening's vomit all along the back of the wall. Naturally I had no intention of using the spa again but I did check it the next day to find that the filthy remains still had not been attended to as there were still some dry vomit on the back wall. So not only had the spa not been drained and dealt with in the manner any reasonable person would expect - the cleaners hadn't even attended to the external remnants that were clearly visible! I am aghast at the lack of hygiene, lack of maintenance and lack of concern and respect for the welfare of the guests of the Q1. The hotel is rated as 4 stars, however it is being maintained as if it were a run down backpackers hostel. It is no wonder that after having returned home with a developing ear ache that my doctor has informed me the bacteria that causes the type of infection I now have, is often found in spas. What a wonderful parting gift from the Q1. Thanks so much! If you're looking for a safe, clean environment for your family to enjoy I suggest you go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear frequentflyermum,

Thankyou for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and value it as a tool for managing the quality of the Resort.

I understand that you feel that the indoor pool spa bath was not well maintained during your stay. Our 3 pools and spa are all cleaned & tested daily 7 days a week before opening at 6am, and are again inspected and tested twice daily every day 7 days a week. We do not understand how your comments came about as we have not received any other reports or complaints regarding the spa. However , we are very happy to discuss the issue and receive exact dates etc so we can review our inspection and test results and improve our services. Please contact the General Manager directly with further information if you wish so that this incident may be investigated further.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

4nights at Q1 - booked with www.q1holidaysgoldcoast.com.au
Room 5401

Every aspect of our stay was great - the room was very comfortable, great views from all rooms - one of our best trips to the gold coast.

The best value for money - as I did really shop around on the Internet. Location was great - easy to get to broadbeach & main beach restaurants. The room was clean and modern on arrival and the pool areas were fantastic - great option to have two pools to choose from...

We will return very soon.

Negatives
*broken hair dryer in room, could not be replaced as it was Sunday. Had to go and buy my own at my expense.
*people jumping the fence from other apartment blocks to use the pool. Informed the front desk, manager came to look and stated that it happens regularly. Here's a tip - change the height of the fence near the day spa it detracts from good people who have paid good money for their accommodation...

• Stayed February 2013
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear KarenmattSydney,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. All reviews are read by the Management team at Q1.

I am pleased that you loved your stay at Q1 Resort and Spa and that you found our prices to be competitive and our location and facilities to be fantastic. I regret that you encountered some folks who did not belong in the pool areas. Whilst this is a rare event, I am sorry that this occurred and your suggestion of a higher fence will be considered. I apologise that we did not have a replacement hairdryer for you. I have advised the Executive Housekeeper to order a surplus tso that we may have extra supply in stock.

Thankyou again for your valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 Resort and Spa again in the future and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Kind Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

So walking in and the white couch was brown, black marks all over the walls, dirty floors and the kitchen looked like a health hazard, vomit stains on the pillows and hair in the bathrooms. If you need a towel thats $3 for each one. Even tho we had three bathrooms and had to go down stairs to ask for toilet paper because the phones are broken, they sent up one. After asking for more we got yelled at. Rude staff that make you feel very UN WELCOME! Coming in side after hours we got treated and questioned like criminals. I've stayed at many hotels and this has got to be the worst by far. Horrible horrible hotel do not waste your money!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Monteleone21,

Thankyou for for taking the time to offer some fedback regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We value all feedback and use it to proactively improve upon the Resort product and services.

I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations and that your experience was not a wholly positive one. I regret that the housekeeping and service standards that you experienced were not of the very high standards for which Q1 is well renowned.

Q1 Resort and spa.
Gladstone, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We are bargain seekers so our reviews are directly related to value for money.

We were able to obtain a 2 bedroom apartment for a week for an amount we thought was excellent. We invited another couple to join us and of course having two bathrooms was great. The building is still relatviely new and situated in great position, close to everything you need (small supermarket, coffee shop and bottle shop in the same complex) plus numerous eateries within walking distance. The beach was close and you could hear the waves.

The decor is simplistic and stylish (expensive furnitur?) and there re is plenty of room for the four of us to do our own thing if that is where the mood takes us. Tthere is an outdoor area which is enclosed, a sitting area near the door, a dining are and a lounge area. The bedrooms are large enough and the view we had was mainly hinterland (which was very interesting) and a beach view at the periphery.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again for the same price

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Mackasx2,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at Q1 Resort and Spa. We appreciate your valuable comments and consider all feedback as vital to assist quality management arounf the Resort.

I am pleased that you loved your stay at Q1. The spacious two and three bedroom apartments are ideal for families and groups. Whilst ocean views are popular, I am pleased that you liked the hinterland and city views too, there is much to see from all of Q1's aspects. Q1 is indeed in a convenient location and I am so glad that ou found this to be the case as well.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

First of all I stayed here for a work conference so I may have a blurred recolection of events.

This being said the apartment I stayed in was huge and could of housed and entire family (single bedroom)

The staff were attentive, helpful and my room was available early which is always nice

A good pool and general area, very close to the beach.

Breakfast was a little below par as only a continental is offered and after a night out something more substancial is often required. You can get breakfast close by or cook it yourself in your room so maybe I am being a little fussy here. I guess what I am saying is don't pay the $19 for the breakfast on the 77 floor, take the tour instead.

Enjoy your time in surfers

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear sthOZ,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. All feedback is appreciated and considered an important tool for continuously improving upon the quality of the Resort.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Q1. It is often remarked upon how spacious the apartments are, the great Resort facilities and the convenient location to the beach, restaurants and shops. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy these aspects of Q1.

I acknowledge your comments about the Skypoint breakfast and I am sorry that this is not what you expected for the price paid. This will be forwarded to Skypoint for consideration.

Thankyou again for your valuable comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Q1 soon and trust that your next stay will be even better.

Launceston Tas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

If your looking for a relaxing non stress holiday then the q1 is the complete opposite. The staff are the most unfriendly people we came across anywhere on the Gold Coast. If you have a car, you have to walk for about 5 minutes to reach the lift to go to your floor. All the cutlery and dishes were barely clean, half the lights in the room weren't working and all of the outside windows were so dirty you could barely see out of them. Overall a horrible experience and defiantly not worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013
Nippers101, Front Office Manager at Q1 Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear 21101984,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Q1 Resort and Spa. We appreciate all feedback and proactively use it to improve upon the Resort product and the services that we provide.

I am very sorry that Q1 did not live up to your expectations. The poor perceptions that you had of the complimentary parking, the staff and housekeeping services are deeply regrettable and not the usual standard that so many Resort guests experience.

I can assure you that these matters have been thoroughly investigated and addressed with the relevant department and their team. As a result we have adopted a more strict and thorough procedure to ensure we meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests and clients.

Q1 Resort and Spa

Been to Q1 Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!