1. Worst welcome ever.
2. Horrible, incompetent staff (namely Cathy)
3. Cannot multitask and give another customer towels for the pool whilst we were signing papers to check in. ? it takes 2 seconds common.
4. “Check in is at 2pm” – deal with it.
5. Luggage holding room “is not a changing service” – go change somewhere else.
6. Received a call confirming room was ready – “by the way your credit card declined so you will have to pay again in full before you get your room”. Really? Wrong, I have a receipt.
7. First impression = very frustrated/shocked.
8. Rooms are nice, comfortable, clean.
9. Discover fridge is broken, can’t keep milk for 1 night, too warm, although turned up to the coldest temp.
10. Discover dishwasher is broken – dishes come out dirtier than when they went in.
11. “Self-contained” – i.e bring your own toaster.
12. Cathy = complete dimwit. Could not offer answer to simple question “What time is the return theme park transfer I booked with you yesterday?” Response: “where does it say its return? [um, you told me it was, you booked it] Here, go on hold with the company while I serve another customer, just tell them your problem” [hands me the reception landline and puts me on hold to a message recording]. I hand back phone and tell Cathy this is her job. She refuses to wait on hold to find out the answer to my question. I ask “is there anyone else I can speak to?”
“No not right now…..well who else do you want to speak to?”
“I don’t care anyone apart from you”
“Ok I’ll get the manager”
Jason (the junior manager) joins us and answers simple question within 30 seconds. Thanks Jason.
13. Departing, I ask for evaluation forms or the like, all they can offer me is a business card with tripadvisor.com written on it.
14. Am told this card is “only if you want to say nice things”. What? Yep. Sure.
15. Get your act together Q1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Australia’s Tallest Residential Tower’ ... Q1 Resort & Spa Surfers Paradise offers 1,2,3Bed & Sub Penthouse Luxury Apartments with unique glass enclosed Balconies & Spa Baths, 24 hour reception & security, unparalleled resort facilities on a beach front location & set amid one hectare of landscaped grounds. Q1 Resort & Spa features two lagoon swimming pools, heated indoor lap pool & spa, alfresco poolside Cafe & Bar & our famous "Seventy 7 Buffet Breakfast" located level 77 floor above ground with viewing platform. A world class gymnasium, saunas & steam rooms, private theatrette, conferencing & wedding facilities, children’s games room & our award winning Q1 Day Spa await you. The Q1 tower also hosts Australia’s only beach side External Tower Adventure Climb from level 77 to 80 ... Q1 Resort & Spa towers over the Gold Coast with views to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Q1 Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q1 Hotel Surfers Paradise
- q1 Resort Surfers Paradise
- Q1 Resort And Spa Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise