We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment with 4 Teenagers.
Accommodation: The views from the loungeroom, front balcony & kitchen are amazing. The apartment was very spacious and very clean with nice furniture and really good beds. A great kitchen with new appliances and more Cooking Equipment than I have in my own :)
Location: The walk to Surfers takes about 25 min., so if you want action/shopping/dining out every night, you should look for accommodation closer to surfers. If Views & Beachfront is more important to you, then the Viscount is a very good choice.
There is one restaurant and a bottle shop close by though.
Our Teens bought boards and went into the ocean every night after a day at the Themeparks, which was great. If we'd had accommodation in Surfers, I doubt that they would have done that. There is a walking/bicycle track starting right next to the Hotel, so if you are not to keen on walking/.running for your workout in the sand at the beach, this is perfect and nice and shady in the mornings.
Shopping: Pacific Fair is only 5 min. away by car. Being from German Background and living in remote W.A., where you don't have access to much, we drove 10 min. to Aldi Broadbeach, where a big shop for 4 Teens & 2 Adults only costs about 1/2 of what you would spend at the other Majors :)
Other: The staff is very friendly and always eager to help.
For a 3 bedroom apartment with absolute beachfront, this is great value for money.
The only thing we missed was a nice table/chairs setting out on the balcony, as our balcony only had 2 old higher chairs and a high table. It would have been nice to sit outside for brekkie!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family orientated and friendly atmosphere Fully Self Contained apartments with great sea views 2 and 3 bedroom apartments available, Absolute beachfront. Pool, Spa pool ,Sauna and BBQ areas on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Beachfront Viscount reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viscount Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Beachfront Viscount Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise