“Not clean!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Enderley Gardens Resort

Save Saved
You added Enderley Gardens Resort to your Saves list
Enderley Gardens Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   38 Enderley Ave, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Not clean!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The shower was so full of mould that it could not have possibly been from a few days. I used half a bottle of exit mould and my sister in law used the other half in their appartment. While the management team is lovely, it just wasnt clean. For the price we paid, nearly $2000, this isnt good enough! The pillows were terrible and we all had sore necks. The foam was so lumpy and in places nothing there at all. Although we were given new ones which had to be purchased that day from somewhere. The ceiling fans were caked with dust and behind the beds it looked liked it hadnt been vacuumed for at least 6 months. Sorry guys but I think you need to change your cleaning team again and you're obviously not checking on the job they are doing.

Room Tip: always ask if there is air conditioning, dont assume they have it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Enderley_SP, Front Office Manager at Enderley Gardens Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your review.

All apartment bathrooms are treated for mould on every departure. Unfortunately with the extremely hot and humid conditions the Gold Coast was experiencing over the Christmas break mould was growing faster that we could treat it.

As we tell EVERY guests, if there is anything wrong COME TO RECEPTION TO REPORT IT. We will endeavour to do whatever we can to ensure all guests enjoy their stay.

Since the start of Peak Season we had been replacing all of our pillows, when you had come to reception to ask for new ones we had run out. However our manager left immediately to buy new ones, and the we supplied to you straight away.
We will speak to our housekeeping team about your comments and ensure this doesn’t happen again.

In regards to the Air Conditioning: we do not advertise that we have AC.

Again thank you for your review.

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have just completed my few weeks holiday in Enderley Gardens today, and I am really sad to be going. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, location is excellent, facilities are extremely clean, and the common areas are spot on. Mike, Robyn and the team have done an excellent job in helping to accommodate every need of the guest (within reason), and their friendly manner makes the trip even more pleasant. Very good place to stay, family friendly and very safe!! Ps there is no restaurant on site, but reception has a vast array of emergency items at a reasonable cost including ice creams and drinks.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the pool so you cant go wrong. Try to book in between 9-5 it is much easie...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

we stayed at the enderly and found the place dirty had to get the cleaner to come clean it still half a job done the dryer didnt work so they took it away said they would replace it in a couple of hours 4 days later and still no dryer the pan in the oven were filthy when we went to use the oven didnt enjoy the stay

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Enderley_SP, Front Office Manager at Enderley Gardens Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The only issue we have with this review it is 12 months old.

The Management team here at Enderley Gardens Resort has made major changes to the resort and its practices since you had stayed with us. We have changed our cleaners, changed our linen suppliers and have a very experienced maintenance team on staff.

As you can see from our most recent reviews guests are more than happy with the resort and its cleanliness. In fact as a measure of how happy our guests are, in less than 6 months our Trip Advisor ranking has gone from 65 out of 83 hotels to the top 25 hotels, resorts and apartments in Surfers Paradise. We think this is fantastic proof of how we use Trip Advisor to listen to our guests and the comments they make. It was the comments of cleanliness that gave us the power to replace our old housekeepers and a new, very experienced team of professionals.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went for schoolies and I have got to say that this place is very good (as per my rating). The hotel was very welcoming and comforting. The atmosphere of the hotel is very appealing too; Enderley GARDENS, it is pretty much like you are living in a garden and you can see that the staff keep this well maintained. The gardens are good as they keep the sun from entering your apartment (we stayed at the bottom floor), not to say there wasn't any sun because if you wanted sun there was open space and the beautiful spa and pool. Enderley Gardens was a small hotel when compared to the areas my friends stayed in which had many levels, Enderley had only two levels and this, I've gotta admit, actually made you more closer with your neighbours. Overall the whole vibrancy was superb. The only down point I would say is that it is around 10-15 min walk to cavill ave and that the apartment's dryer is maybe a bit outdated.
Would recommend this apartment to anyone and may even stay again next year!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Central Coast, NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My daughter & friends stayed there for 10 days. Every phone call my daughter made to me she commented highly how nice the owner was and the security guard.
She also said the room was very clean and the pool/spa/bbq area was also clean and inviting.
So thank you to everyone at Enderley Gardens you are high on my list to come & stay there myself.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Enderley_SP, Front Office Manager at Enderley Gardens Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Due to unforseen circumstances my husband had to cancel his holidays, so I was looking at being at home bored for a few weeks. my hubby suggested i go on holidays on my own. I had heard of Expedia and they helped set me up in Enderley Gardens Resort Qld for 4 days. Having never holidayed by myself in 31 years I was a little worried.
I set off on my adventure extremely apprehensive, but from the time I got off the plane everyone was so helpful, from the young lady who advised me how to catch the bus right to my accommodation door, to the new management at the Resort who welcomed me and showed me how secure my apartment was as well as the area, and had local knowledge of great eating places. The ocean was only 2 blocks away as was all eateries and shopping. I met a wonderful hairdresser called Frizzy Lizzie, and felt quite comfortable walking around the local area day and night, as it was well lit and there were people enjoying the night air as well as the sunshine. Enderly Gardens Resort management were also excited when I told them I worked as a Field Rep for Dulux as they had recently painted the whole resort in the Dulux colors Sago and Jewel which really brought the place to life.

• Stayed September 2012
Mornington, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here for 8 days and we loved it. We had a 2br apartment which was really nice with everything you need in it. The pool and grounds were amazing and very well kept. Enderley is very close to shopping only a 10 minute walk. Beach at one end of the street and a bus stop at the other end which made it easy to get to the theme parks. I would recommend Enderley to everyone great prices and a great place. Many thanks to the people at Enderley for making our holiday excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Enderley_SP, Front Office Manager at Enderley Gardens Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, we really appreciate it.

Been to Enderley Gardens Resort? Share your experiences!