“Amazing Apartment!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baronnet Apartments

You added Baronnet Apartments to your Saves list
Baronnet Apartments
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   12 Enderley Ave, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing Apartment!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom superior apartment with ocean views with my mum for my birthday and was very spacious with the most amazing views. I gave her the main room and I just slept on the couch. Which felt just like a bed! So comfortable. Service was great and booking a tour through them was so easy! Beach is less than a 5 min walk and so close to everything. Right in the middle of surfers and broadbeach. Highly recommend this place will defiantly stay again :) Will stay here every time now we come into surfers. Hive it a 5/5.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked a 2-bedroom pool view apartment through booking.com.au, but rather disappointed when we checked into the apartment. The room was ok, definetly not the standard of a 4 star but it is ok with worn furniture, cheap appliances and cheap rusty utensils. Bathrooms a little dated, kettle and teapot had blackened inside made us disgusted to use them .
We stayed 3 nights, we were there for theme parks and wonderfull beach, not for the apartment.

On the last day, after we checked -out the apartment at 10 am, we left the key at the reception. Then we requested to leave our bags in the mail room at the Baronnet after checked-out till 4pm. Thankfully we were able to leave our backpacks in the mail room. We left the Baronnet at 10 am and came back at 4 pm. They didn't say anything about any charge related with the room from 10 am to 4 pm when we were still in the Gold Coast. But after flight-back to our house, next day we had received an e-mail that informed us we were charged $308 for the broken table -top-glass...We were shocked! They ruined our wonderfull Gold Coast holiday! We didn't inspect the room before and after we stay and also the management of the apartment didn't gave us any report that indicating the every stuff - furnitures in the apartment in a good condition. They had already taken the amount from our credit card without showing any proof that we broke the glass. That is completely unfair. By chance, we had taken video inside the apartment for our memories and it was a good proof. In the video, it was clearly seen that while we were in the apartment the glass of the table was not broken. The Manager Judy blamed us for the broken glass. She just told us that her housekeeper said that the broken glass was not there prior to our stay. While they ruined our wonderful holiday by blaming us for something we had no idea, on the other hand, this kind of accusation also touched my honour! We tried to explain the situation to the ManagerJudy, we showed the photos of the table glass was not broken when we were there...but none of them convinced her! We asked her to refund the amount they charged unjustly, but she definetly refused.

We are claiming this unpleasent situation to Australian Competition and Consumer Commission with our proof and waiting for the result.

By the way, we would like to warn Gold Coast holiday seekers for this bad experience with the Baronnet Apartment in order not to ruin your holiday.

Or if you gonna stay in this apartment, we advice you to checked-out your room together with the receptionist and then you are sure that they will not cost you any charged and they will not blame you anything after you go back your home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
judy92, Manager at Baronnet Apartments, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I thankyou for your opinion on what happened but I would like to explain my side of the situation.After your departure my housekeeping staff alerted me to the fact that the dining room table top a 12mm thick glass was broken with a very large crack aprox 30cm long. This was definitely not there when you went into the unit ( as you would have notified me due to it being dangerous) and after you departed it was there!! My housekeeping staff as part of the unit clean wipe the table top regularly and they assure me it had happened during your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here in the same superior two bed apartment for the last two years while the Gold Coast 600 is on and have been amazed both times,
It's a fantastic location and only 15 minutes walk to the race. Views are brilliant and the size of the apartment is very generous with 180 degree views. Will definitely be staying again next year very friendly reception also.

• Stayed October 2013
Maitland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Modest rooms, felt like home with everything you need (Except DVD player which can be rented or plug your laptop into the TV with HDMI lead). The unit was bigger than my daughters unit she lives in. On the 9th floor you get a good view out over the ocean. Its far enough out of the main tourist shops but you can easily walk there. The only time we drove the car was to the theme parks. booked some tickets through the front desk at a better price than I could have got on the net.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked a 2-bedroom ocean view apartment after reading reviews and looking thru fabulous photos on their website, but rather disappointed when we checked into the apartment. Lighting was very dim, decor very dated and tired, with dirty, worn carpet, totally different to what I've seen on the website. The ensuite bathroom's small brown square tiles was once popular in the 80's, but has never been updated since. The lady (Judy) at the reception whom I think is the owner didn't seem very pleased when we arrived. I said hello with a smile requesting to check in, she just hand me a sheet of paper and asked me to check all my information. Perhaps if we were Aussies or European guests she would be more welcoming. I have wanted to talk to her about our disappointment with the room but decided not to. Finally, I must mention that the other lady who was at the reception when we checked out was very courteous and friendly, that gave a better ending to our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is our 3rd stay here and would come back here as I wouldn't stay anywhere else. We were here for two weeks with an ocean view it was beautiful. Would highly recommend it to my family and friends. It's close to the shopping centre and and the beach was a two minute walk. The surf club was a 2minute walk and they serve beautiful meals. We are hoping to come back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean views as you can see the whales out in the ocean. And you don't hear the traff...