“Outdated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Crown Towers

You added Mantra Crown Towers to your Saves list
Mantra Crown Towers
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5-19 Palm Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Room was spacious but so outdated, did not look at all like the website photos, stuck in the 80's and so tired! We even rejected the first room and when shown the second room I asked the attendant where the rooms are that look like the internet photos and the reply was "to be honest I've never seen one here". Yikes! Pool was it's saving grace, spent our time there including the poolside cafe which meant we had access to decent coffee when we needed a pick me up to keep up with kids!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are a family of 5 and every Christmas we plan a family road trip away .We love headed up the coast and stopping at different places along the way .
The Mantra Crown Towers was a great place to relax and rest .Its mostly set up for family's. The two bedroom apartment we stayed in was huge . Great kitchen with everything you need when travelling with hungry teenage boys .Great view to the ocean and the Gold Coast inter land.
Clean with great customer service when needed.
Nice big pool , lots of sun chairs , and snack bar with drinkable coffee.
Close enough to Surfers paradise but far enough away from the noise and craziness.
Nice Thai restaurant on site , great customer service .

Room Tip: The higher you are the bitter the view .
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Woods Family,
It's nice to read you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed the facilities we have on offer.
See you next time!
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed at some great motels around the world...Room 1203 was not one of them!
This would be about our 5th or 6th trip to the Crown Towers. We are a family of two adults and two teenage boys. Its a bit hit and miss as to whether you get a nice apartment. A couple of years ago we stayed in the loveliest room - it was clean, modern and had a great view. This time we paid for the ocean view (as always) but couldn't help but feel ripped off. We waited an extra hour after check in for the room to be ready (the staff placated me by giving us a free breakfast certificate, when a simple apology would have sufficed).

Now the room...

The kitchen was not the worst I'd seen but could use some improvement - like a decent dishwasher.

The lounge area clean but has the the cheapest dark blue carpet I'd ever seen. Which leads into the bedrooms.

The Beds were so uncomfortable my kids asked if we could get an earlier flight and go home. And in the middle of the night there was a high pitched noise like a faulty tap in another room.

The Balcony was large but mostly unusable because of the air conditioners from above dripping onto it.

The bathrooms were so grubby I wondered if I should were my thongs (flip flops/jandles) in the shower and there was some serious mould growing between the tiles.

On New Years Eve cigarettes and stuff started showing up on the balcony (thrown from above), the at night a coke bottle was poured and the bottle (thankfully plastic) was thrown whilst we were sitting out there, as well as toilet paper, bottle tops and soap packets. I mentioned it to the person at front desk on during the day and they smiled and said thats terrible, I also mentioned it on New Years Day when we were checking out (early) and again some sort of stepford smile. I would have been happy to complain to the front desk instead of on here but I feel it would have been pointless.

I would recommend staying at Chevron up the road - newer but slightly smaller apartments. Or pay a bit extra and stay at Circle on Cavil - thats what I'll be doing next time, though the pool may not be as cool.

Dear OffTheDiet.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
I am sorry to read we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion, 1203 does have a large balcony due to the floor location, some items to blow off levels above and get captured here from time to time.
If your travel plans do however see you return to the area, please don't hesitate to contact me personally at the resort to make your reseravtion.
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Grubby & stained furniture & walls, loudly squeaking kitchen cabinets, c.1980s fridge that leaks, yellowing light fixtures & fittings, stained bed spread, unhomely industrial carpets, cracked & stained kitchen floor tiles, flickering lights, thin mattresses with springs that dig in, poorly equipped kitchen, no free Wi-Fi... You too can have all this at just $800 per night!

We shared this appartment with family from overseas and we had to use the bath towels over the lounge just to sit down. I was embarrassed to ask for their share of the costs because I booked the room in good faith that $800 per night will get preferential treatment for a great room.

Dear Michael18S.
I am sorry to read that your time with us didn't meet the mark, I have shared your comments with the team.
If you have the opportunity please contact me at the resort to discuss your review in further detail on 07 5555 9999
Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is my third year up to the Gold Coast as a family of 5. As my oldest child was now 17 and the youngest too big to sleep on a stretcher, this year we booked a 3 bedroom apartment with spaciousness in mind. This accommodation was an extra $100 per night to what we were previously paying so even after allowing for an extra room I had higher expectations.

From the moment we arrived, the complex did not disappoint. Our room wasn't ready on arrival and we had to wait an hour and a half and to compensate we were given a free family breakfast at the downstairs restaurant. The management and staff are to be commended for their initiative in tackling issues proactively.

Our room on the 16th floor was very spacious with a great view and facilities. It was also cleaner than previous accommodation so maybe the wait in reception was worth it.

I have read other reviews regarding the decor and this was perhaps a little dated but as it is not one of our priorities; we prefer space and cleanliness we weren't bothered. The beds were comfortable and kitchen amenities ample for some stay at home meals.

The pool area was what made our stay a wonderful relaxing experience. We were blessed with nine days of great weather and where in previous stays we had spent most of our time at the beach this time we spent most of our time at the hotel pool. The large lagoon style accommodated everyone and the pool with the slide was enjoyed by my youngest. The gym was well appointed as was the indoor pool and spa.

There is a foyer cafe and poolside cafe at your fingertips offering snacks at reasonable prices all day long. Coles is a block and a half away so not too far to get groceries. It is a five minute walk into Cavill Ave and bus stop to Pacific Fair is a few metres away. It is situated next door to the vomitron amusement but we were not affected by this at all which was initially a concern.

The staff were friendly and very accommodating. I bought theme park tickets online and panicked when the printer at the internet kiosk in the foyer was out of order. No problem. Reception offered to receive them by email and print them out for me. This may sound like a small issue but in a previous stay elsewhere the reception had refused to offer any assistance.

I can highly recommend the Mantra Crown Towers for a great family holiday. I started to talk to the family about where we would stay next year and their response was "Why would we go anywhere else?"

Dear Jenden65.
It is wonderful to read your comments regarding our resort, but more so that you and your family really embraced the holiday atmosphere and attractions that the 'Coast' is famous for.
I hope to meet you on a return visit!
Regards
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My issue is based on one major issue, we have 2 infants and unfortunately stayed underneath very loud people, you get these types of people everywhere you go, however my issue is with the management. They refused to do anything after 4 calls, the girl Monique was so disinterested she laughed and hung up. So from 3am until 6;30 am my husband and 2 kids and I enjoyed f this and f that and slamming doors and lots of screaming, smashing of bottles. The most I've spent on one holiday $450 per night, 6 months of saving, thank you Monique and crown towers for giving us an avoidable experience if it wasn't for such a lazy staff member.

• Stayed December 2013
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Whatever you do , don't stay in apartment 314 , unless you ask if the air con has been fixed. Checked in on Xmas eve & it was dreadful ! They came & checked it & said they had to call the contractor who in turn told us that he couldn't do anything as the owners had been sent a quote to fix it & they hadn't replied. Why on earth would the hotel then put people in this apartment , plus it was fairly shabby. Fortunately the staff on reception were very good & put us in another room, where everything worked & was much cleaner & we'll presented. The other 3 bed roomed apartment the rest of my family stayed in, the microwave didn't work , the shower head was broken, some of the lights didn't work & the dish washer leaked. They did get another microwave & shower head but haven't reported the rest , as I think they are over it !
We did book this through the mantra site, so thought we would have decent rooms, also bedrooms 2 & 3 aren't air conditioned in the larger apartment.
The hotel itself , with the lagoon & coffee shop is great & the staff are fantastic , it's the rooms that let it down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MantraCrownTowers, General Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Sandra,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am happy to read you found our team and the lagoon area to be "great". I am sorry to read that your initial room had the air conditioning issue, this was repaired but of course we did not meet your expectation.
If your travel plans see you return to the Gold Coast I hope I may have the opportunity to personally look after your reservation and ensure a pleasant stay.
Darren

Been to Mantra Crown Towers? Share your experiences!