“Be careful when booking. Many apartments managed through agents.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra Crown Towers

Save Saved
You added Mantra Crown Towers to your Saves list
Mantra Crown Towers
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   5-19 Palm Avenue, Surfers Paradise, Queensland 4217, Australia   |
Ranked #25 of 74 hotels in Surfers Paradise
Ballarat, Australia
“Be careful when booking. Many apartments managed through agents.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Be careful when booking this resort. We are seasoned travelers, we usually like to stay in apartments and most of the time we book privately but as we were only on the Gold Coast for 4 nights we thought we'd book directly with a hotel to save having to meet a booking agent. Little did we know that after booking what we thought was directly with the hotel we actually used Gold Coast tourist office!!! We searched for crown towers Gold Coast and made an Internet booking but we should of booked with mantra crown towers! Confused? Yes so we're we. This meant we couldn't use the check in desk had to ring for someone to meet us and were booked in to an appalling orange color scheme apartment decor 1980-1990. Very disappointing considering gorgeous renovated apartment photos were shown on the agents website. According to the taxi driver this is a common problem on the Gold Coast with only a couple of the large hotels actually having management rights to there entire buildings, most of them are owned privately and managed by agents. Not mantras fault but highly deceptive from agents. Once stung twice shy.

Room Tip: If you book this resort ensure you ask for renovated apartment. We did but still got disgusting old...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MantraCrownTowers, Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your advice with other travelers regarding making a reservation. As you have been made aware, the majority of the accommodation on the Gold Coast is strata title apartment resorts. We are working to eliminate the confusion which is created by this type of situation which you described. As the unit you stayed in was not managed by Mantra, we are unable to comment on your experience. However we hope that on your next visit to the Gold Coast we can offer our hospitality and welcome to you to Mantra Crown Towers.

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well I read the reviews before we booked here and I will tell you they must of been written by the hotel Management.
This hands down would be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
The staff and service were poor but the rooms and decor were pathetic to say the least.
If you love 1965 cane furniture with technocoloured fabric and grass green carpet you will be in heaven.
We were in hell.

It stunk and when I sat on the couch my arm stuck to the arm rest.
The excuse for a cafe in the lobby was poor and overall the experience was ordinary to say the least. So obviously I would tell you to stay some where else.
We stayed at the QT the previous time we were on the gold coast and totally recommend the QT.
Stay there instead.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MantraCrownTowers, Manager at Mantra Crown Towers, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Please be assured that Trip Advisor has its own policies and checks to ensure that reviews are authentic and written by guests who have actually stayed in this resort. It is offensive to read that you assume that those were not genuine guest comments. We are also unable to locate your reservation as there is not enough information in your review to follow up on your comments regarding your disappointment. The other accommodation you mentioned is in fact a hotel, therefore a very different holiday experience. We offer fully self contained apartments which are enjoyed by many families due to the convenience afforded to them of such an arrangement.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I had a terrible experience with crown towers. I was told beforehand that wifi would be available from the room however when I arrived the concierge told me that it was unable for another month! It was essential for me to access an Internet connection from my laptop and I was inconvenienced as the staff were not helpful at all.

Shower had issues and constantly overflowed. Room was run down and not value for money. Staff were unhelpful when asking for directions.

I would not recommend

• Stayed October 2012
It is unfortunate that your expectations during your stay were not met. We are unsure where the information in relation to wifi came from, as we do not have concierge and have not advertised a wifi service until all installations are completed in the next few months. We do however provide a self service internet facility in the lobby. It is also regrettable that you viewed our staff as unhelpful, you may note on many other reviews on this website that guest after guest comment on the great customer service and helpful attitude of our staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Thankyou mantra crown towers for a family of four with two teenage boys this was ideal. We were in room 2206 had a lovely apartment. Very spacious and accommodated us all. I loved the views of the ocean and surrounding surfers paradise. We swam and did the gym everyday something that we wouldn't normally do. We didn't eat in the restaurants as we were so close to other restaurants to choose from. I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming each time I asked a question or information. Thank you mantra crown towers would stay here again. Loved it.......

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your views with other travellers. It sounds like you have really enjoyed your experience at Mantra Crown Towers. Our apartments are certainly well appointed and offer amazing views of Surfers Paradise and beyond. Our staff will no doubt be thrilled to hear such positive feedback on their customer service. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Met with our expectations, comfortable, well located & great pool area. Staff were friendly and helpful and nice to our kids, a little noisy at times but that goes with a family resort place, don't know if I'd stay here again but only because there are so many choices, not because it wasn't okay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that we have met all your expectations and our staff will be pleased to know that they served you well. Our facilities and location are just some of the reasons our guests return time after time and we are glad you were able to enjoy. When you are next planning a holiday to the Gold Coast, we would welcome the opportunity to provide another happy & memorable holiday for your family.
Assam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed there with my and my brothers family in a three bedroom apartment,the first impression we got was that the rooms needed a fresh re furnishing and all equipment and aplieances as well.The vacum cleaner was not working and there was no room service since it was eld contained apartment.we think one could try more new options on surfers paradise.Only one thing swimming pol was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are continually working to update and improve our unit’s facilities for the enjoyment of our guests. The self contained nature of our resort is popular with many families, giving guests a “home away from home” experience. Accordingly, our units are stocked with amenities for our guests on arrival, with optional additional supplies provided on request. Whilst there are many accommodation options in Surfers Paradise, many of our guests would agree that the facilities at Mantra Crown Towers is well worth a return visit and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Lilydale, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have just arrived home from a 8 night stay at Mantra Crown Towers. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 14 floor apartment which was totally run down and dated. As soon as I arrived in the reception foyer I could tell I would not enjoy my stay! Filthy reception desk marked with dirty dark stains where people lean, I was reluctant to even touch the surface for fear of what I might catch! (not a very good first impression of a 4 1/2 star hotel!). The lifts are also disgusting, the carpet is filthy and could do with replacement or a even clean would suffice.

We booked through Gold Coast Tourist Office (WARNING to anyone considering booking through them in the future - I STRONGLY advise not to). I was expecting to stay in a 4 1/2 star Resort and not be totally grossed out by using the shower, which was covered in mould and hair in the sink of the bathroom, the kitchen sink was disgusting and looked like it had not been cleaned ( I mean a proper clean in years). The tiles in both the kitchen and the bathroom where chipped in several places, the dishwasher had top section where it closes missing, the fridge was dented! The curtains had mould growing on them! I felt sick and deflayted knowing I was paying close to $400.00 per night in such a dirty run down place.

We walked down to Coles and purchased Domestos, Exit Mould and Glen 20 and gave the whole place a thorouh clean. We stay away at least 3 times a year and I have NEVER had to buy Exit Mould to clean the shower before I would let my family use it. Ohh and I forgot to mention, when we first were shown through the apartment by GCTO agent, the carpet looked like it had been given the quickest going over and had crumbs all over the floor. The shower head in main bathroom was hanging on by a thread. The coffee table in the lounge area had dirty streaks all over it. I asked the cleaners to come back and give it another clean, which was done within a short amount of time.
Friends of our were also staying on the Gold Coast at a different property and they were paying $100.00 less than us per night and they were raving to us about how happy they were with their apartment. It was the next day that I rang and complained to GCTO about all the issues I had, after a long discussion they finally agreed to move us to another apartment on the 20th floor. The decor was a little more modern and they assured me they were getting a "more experienced" cleaner to clean the apartment. After we packed and unpacked and waited around for the room to be ready (nearly took a whole day out of our holiday) and the cleaners had left we sat on the couch to find toe nail clippings on the carpet!! I nearly dry reached and again vacuumed the carpet and got out the domestos and exit mould (the showers were again still covered in growing mould)! and the curtains the same. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. I would NEVER return again and feel totally ripped off.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that your holiday did not meet your expectations, however as you have mentioned, the unit you stayed in was not managed by Mantra. It is unfortunate that Trip Advisor have denied our request to differentiate between onsite management and other outside agents in this forum. Therefore we are unable to comment on the issues you have raised. We would welcome the opportunity to offer you our service and hospitality if you should choose to stay at Mantra Crown Towers again in the future, as many other families love our resort and return to stay with us regularly.

Been to Mantra Crown Towers? Share your experiences!