We have just arrived home from a 8 night stay at Mantra Crown Towers. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 14 floor apartment which was totally run down and dated. As soon as I arrived in the reception foyer I could tell I would not enjoy my stay! Filthy reception desk marked with dirty dark stains where people lean, I was reluctant to even touch the surface for fear of what I might catch! (not a very good first impression of a 4 1/2 star hotel!). The lifts are also disgusting, the carpet is filthy and could do with replacement or a even clean would suffice.
We booked through Gold Coast Tourist Office (WARNING to anyone considering booking through them in the future - I STRONGLY advise not to). I was expecting to stay in a 4 1/2 star Resort and not be totally grossed out by using the shower, which was covered in mould and hair in the sink of the bathroom, the kitchen sink was disgusting and looked like it had not been cleaned ( I mean a proper clean in years). The tiles in both the kitchen and the bathroom where chipped in several places, the dishwasher had top section where it closes missing, the fridge was dented! The curtains had mould growing on them! I felt sick and deflayted knowing I was paying close to $400.00 per night in such a dirty run down place.
We walked down to Coles and purchased Domestos, Exit Mould and Glen 20 and gave the whole place a thorouh clean. We stay away at least 3 times a year and I have NEVER had to buy Exit Mould to clean the shower before I would let my family use it. Ohh and I forgot to mention, when we first were shown through the apartment by GCTO agent, the carpet looked like it had been given the quickest going over and had crumbs all over the floor. The shower head in main bathroom was hanging on by a thread. The coffee table in the lounge area had dirty streaks all over it. I asked the cleaners to come back and give it another clean, which was done within a short amount of time.
Friends of our were also staying on the Gold Coast at a different property and they were paying $100.00 less than us per night and they were raving to us about how happy they were with their apartment. It was the next day that I rang and complained to GCTO about all the issues I had, after a long discussion they finally agreed to move us to another apartment on the 20th floor. The decor was a little more modern and they assured me they were getting a "more experienced" cleaner to clean the apartment. After we packed and unpacked and waited around for the room to be ready (nearly took a whole day out of our holiday) and the cleaners had left we sat on the couch to find toe nail clippings on the carpet!! I nearly dry reached and again vacuumed the carpet and got out the domestos and exit mould (the showers were again still covered in growing mould)! and the curtains the same. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. I would NEVER return again and feel totally ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Towers Resort is consistently in demand all throughout the year. Discerning Gold Coast visitors appreciate all the luxuries that the Crown Towers Resort can offer. The Crown Towers Resort in Gold coast have it all, position, all the amenities you could wish for to make your Gold Coast holiday your best ever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Crown Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Towers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Resort All Inclusive
- Mantra Crown Towers Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise