We stayed at Mantra Crown Towers for a week in December on the 8th floor. For the price we paid - the room itself was quiet good value. It was a spacious, self contained one bedroom apartment with a tidy little kitchen area complete with fairly dated utensils and appliances. We had a small but adequate balcony which we enjoyed sharing late night drinks and breakfast on most days. The balcony provided partial views of the beach - mainly obstructed by other high rise buildings which is obviously not really in the control of the hotel. The location was excellent - just a couple minutes walk to Cavill Avenue, 50m to the beach and about 20 mins to all the theme parks. Our biggest complaint with the room would be how outdated it is. Although they are tidy and fine to stay in - they are clearly in need of an upgrade and makeover. A fresh coat of paint would do wonders for their appearance.The TV was quiet ancient and did not receive many of the free to air channels which you would assume would be standard. Our carpet was stained and still very damp when we walked into the room at about 4pm (check in was at 2pm). The room had a strange musky odour we assume because of the old carpet. It was the first time we have stayed anywhere in Australia where we've been asked to bag up our own rubbish and dispose of it ourselves. The consequence for not doing so, as per the check in brochure, is an extra charge on your bill. We were provided with just two bathroom towels for our entire stay but we figure that is mainly due to there being no room service for either food or for the daily refreshing of amenities such as bath towels, tea towels, bin liners etc. There were only 2 toilet rolls in the whole apartment. Despite all of that the staff we dealt with were excellent, always smiling friendly and happy to help. We booked tickets to theme parks through the front desk which was an excellent time saver and very convenient. The pool area was excellent too. Very clean and tidy and a big beautiful looping lagoon to swim in with little caves and rock features all around. A great area that would keep kids entertained for a full day! Overall would rate the hotel 6.5/10. Great value, tidy and fine to stay in - just outdated and in need of some TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Mantra Crown Towers offers a wide range of leisure facilities perfect for a family holiday, short break or weekend away. Children are well catered for at the resort, which features a lagoon style pool with its own pirate ship, waterslide and sandy beach, as well as a games room and children's playground. The Resort's leisure facilities also include a 15 metre indoor heated pool, spa, sauna, fully equipped gymnasium and on-site restaurants, including Chiangmai Thai. The award-winning Chiangmai Thai restaurant provides authentic Thai cuisine, with strong Thai influences such as wooden elephant chairs and decorative motifs scattered throughout the restaurant adding to the Thai experience. Open for dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant is the perfect choice for dinner, all within the comfort of the resort. Be pampered by professional and friendly therapists, at the onsite day spa Calmer Therapies. The day spa offers beauty treatments, including deluxe facials, full body scrubs/wraps, deluxe pedicures and manicures, pamper packages and waxing. Mantra Crown Towers offers a range of spacious accommodation options including One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments. All apartments are fully self contained with kitchen and laundry facilities, and feature their own private balcony with many offering ocean views. Just 100m from Surfers Paradise beach and 500m to the cafe and restaurant precinct of Cavill Avenue, Mantra Crown Towers provides access to all the attractions of the Gold Coast making it the perfect place to stay for your next getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra Crown Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Towers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Crown Resort All Inclusive
- Mantra Crown Towers Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise