When I booked this accomodation I checked out all the photo galleries for the 2 bedrm apartments. What awesome photos with great views. I checked other peoples reviews so I was very happy to book my stay here.
Our room was disgusting! As soon as we walked in the apartment it smelt like urine, which was coming from the main bathrm. The couch in the lounge had a huge hole in it showing the foam inside. It definitely did NOT look like any of their online photos. It was so dated, dirty and not nice at all. The staff were friendly until we told them of our complaints with the room. The manager got quite heated as I told him my concerns with the room. They said they had never had complaints before and sent the cleaner up. She sprayed toilet deodoriser around the toilet to hide the smell but did not even attempt to clean and get rid of the problem. The manager asked her if she had mopped the floors, which she hadnt so he sent her back up. She mopped the smelly bathrm floor first and then mopped our kitchen floor, GROSS!
I have stayed in many of hotels/motels/apartments in my life and I have NEVER stayed in such an unclean room. OR a room that looked so different from the photos posted online. I realise that all rooms look different but ours was nothing like the online photos, it was disgusting! To be honest, if our rooms photos were online, no one would ever book here! This needed a REAL GOOD SCRUB to say the least. It needed things replaced, modenised etc.....
- Washing machines filter was broken so it dumped fluff all over our clothes.
- Fan made such a noise that it had to turned off as it drove us crazy while we were trying the watch the 2011 Rugby World cup semi final.
- Big hole in the lounge suite.
- Smelly, dirty bathrm.
- Dirty floors (I had white socks on & they were extremely dirty after walking on the floor for a hour or two).
- Dirty cupboards and draws in the kitchen (had crumbs, hair and dust all thru them).
- Dirty, greasy plates and knives & forks.
- Cable/Digital TV keep cutting out.
- Hair in the freezer.
- Broken down looking dishwasher.
- Dirty, unwiped benches.
- Rusty clothes airer to hang our clothes. I couldnt have gotten any clothes on that airer without it touching rust. GROSS!
- Carpet was worn, stained and was frayed in areas.
- Bed covers were old, faded and dated. Looked dirty.
- Had a warning about a water restriction and yet the ensuite toilet leaked after being flushed and was a real pain trying to get this to stop!
I could go on......
DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Surfers Hawaiian Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Hawaiian Apartments Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise